Ok I had a few extra PSN Points and I had all of the DLC that I wanted so I downloaded persona 3.I read how much people liked it so I thought I would give it a shot.But before I played it I had a few questions about it.

1. Is this the kind of game that I need to play 1 and 2 to know whats going on.If so I will just look up what happened in the last games (it wouldn't be the first time I had to do this)

2.Is their a good walkthrough for this game

3.If you have any hints or tip please share

4.I read that their was romance options in the game.If this is true how many are their, and does it effect the storyline

Academics

5 yen at the Shrine = 10% chance to get +1

100 yen at the Shrine = 50% chance to get +1

1,000 yen at the Shrine = 75% chance to get +2

Stay awake in class = +2

Study in Library = +2

Study in your room = +2, +4 on weekend, 0 if tired or sick

Quiz Game at arcade +4

Eat at Wakatsu = +3

Summer School = +3

Summer Film Festival (August 19) = +4 if you have Temperance Slink

Courage

Nurse's medicine (when sick) = +2

Club Mandragora = +2

horror house at arcade = +4

Wild Duck Burger = +3

Screenshot Theater, even-numbered months = +4

Summer Film Festival (Aug. 18, 26, 27) = +4

Charm

Chagall Café = +2

Right Pop Quiz answer = +2

Hagakure Ramen = +3

Screenshot Theater, odd-numbered months = +4

Summer Film Festival (Aug. 22, 23, 30) = +4

Exam results =

if just above average, +1

if well above average, +2

if among top 10, +3

if top of the class, +4

Academics:

Rank 1, 0 To 19 Points

Rank 2, 20 To 79 Points

Rank 3, 80 To 139 Points

Rank 4, 140 To 199 Points

Rank 5, 200 To 259 Points

Rank 6, 260 Or More Points

If you have any good info about this game post it here.THANKS!

Edited by Breakthrough
Ok I had a few extra PSN Points and I had all of the DLC that I wanted so I downloaded persona 3.I read how much people liked it so I thought I would give it a shot.But before I played it I had a few questions about it.

1. Is this the kind of game that I need to play 1 and 2 to know whats going on.If so I will just look up what happened in the last games (it wouldn't be the first time I had to do this)

2.Is their a good walkthrough for this game

3.If you have any hints or tip please share

If you have any good info about this game post it here.THANKS!

1-no

2-you dont need walkthroughs unless demon creation

3-just go gamefaqs...though most demon can be seen unless specific/story ones

You don't need to play the previous ones - they're all separate stories.

If you want an in-depth walkthrough, gamefaqs should have plenty. (full social link guide, persona fusing guide, etc)

And as for tips... Well, fuse new personas as soon as you can. Once you reach lv 8, try fusing a Lilim - its multiple element attacks can come in pretty handy.

Also, don't overexert your characters - if more than one enters "tired" status, get out and save/rest.

In the first couple areas, get ready to be constantly killed. P3 isn't easy, and the party member AI isn't always the brightest (I'm looking at you, Mitsuru.)

Still, it's a great game - and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Edited by ret

how many? i dont remember.

romance dont really affect the main plot.

but if you max the social links, you can choose which girl you want to meet on the final day but that is only for second playthrough onwards but this only applies to your persona teammates only.

Er, yeah - there are social links with romantic aspects in them. They don't affect the storyline, though.

The main girls' links can be started around at half of the game due to some requirements - careful when SL'ing with them because they can get jealous, and hinder SL progress.

There are five SLs of that type, IIRC.

Edited by ret
Good god how long does it take to level up Academics on this game.I already leveled up once.since then I haven't leveled up and I have gotten 20 more points since then.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

always never sleep in class....and sometimes watching movies have better effect~~

Academics is a bitch to level up - it's like 3x compared to Charm and Courage.

Just keep at it. Also, free extra courage if you're in Tired status at school: Head to infirmary, get courage+ without using up your time.

Holy crap. "I detect death......." I turned around REAPER in my B-Hole.Died :eek:

Other than that I am loving this game.

That happens if you stay on the same floor for too long. Get out quickly when you see that message. You need a maxed party to stand a chance against it, and even then it can kill you pretty easily.

Holy crap. "I detect death......." I turned around REAPER in my B-Hole.Died :eek:

Other than that I am loving this game.

Armageddon spell is the best way to handle the reaper, though it'll be quite a while lvl wise til you can use that

Armageddon spell is the best way to handle the reaper, though it'll be quite a while lvl wise til you can use that

Odin with Thunder Reign (level 63) is just as reliable and is available 25 levels earlier.

I spotted the reaper at a very lower level, in thebel, and i thought that it was something so awesome.. but it reallly raped me D:

I played that fight at level 65 i think, it was very hard since he used all the resist cancel abilities on my companions and.. not more to say..

what happens if I can't revive a party member before I go to the next level or leave?Google didn't give me a answer.

Your party members that died go back to the entrance if you go to the next floor.. And if you go back when they died, they will retire and say it was tiresome, much like when they have sick or tired status.

YEA! Just got all 3 stats to the max right after the summer break.Now I don't have to that B.S and now I can do my other S.Links.I already have two maxed.:o

on the first play through it is almost impossible to get all the social links maxed. That said even following a social link guide you have very little time left over for completing them on a second play through. I think i managed it with maybe 2 days left.

on the first play through it is almost impossible to get all the social links maxed. That said even following a social link guide you have very little time left over for completing them on a second play through. I think i managed it with maybe 2 days left.

It isnt actually like that, but yeah it is kinda impossible. To actually max them, you should follow strictly a guide because the exact perfection from it. I never actually maxed much social links in p3 first playtrough and still enjoyed the game..

It really isn't worth the frustration maxing all S-Links on vanilla or FES P3. P3P and P4 loosen the requirements to where you can reasonably pull it off with planning instead of staying glued to a guide.