Record of Agarest War

Anyone else play the Agarest War series? Its a decent strategy RPG. I got #2 the other day and so far I'm undecided as to whether or not I like it. The new battle system is rather weird, but at least the battles are much faster

That's odd. I've got a friend who's playing 1 at the moment and he says it's a godawful slog. I rather get the impression that he's only still playing to see how awful it can get. Nothing points to it being even "decent".

strategy RPG :

-Gungir

-Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre (all the series)

The rest is.... well..... shit

Utawarerumono.

Eien no Aselia.

Kamidori.

Fire Emblem.

Super Robot Wars.

Battle Moon Wars.

Disgaea.

You are factually incorrect, good sir.

Dont listen to them, I for one LOVE Record of Agarest War, but people do have there own opinions. The only thing I didnt like about it was two of the people you have to play as, Ladius and some other guy. Ladius was an ass and the other guys outfit was silly :/ But all in all I loved the game! As for 2 I havent played that yet (my PS3 broke) but from what ive seen and heard its pretty awesome and a big improvement of the first and Zero.

That's odd. I've got a friend who's playing 1 at the moment and he says it's a godawful slog. I rather get the impression that he's only still playing to see how awful it can get. Nothing points to it being even "decent".

That just isn't true. The first one and Zero are pretty damn slow battle-wise, yes, but the story is great. At least it is for #1, Zero had a shitty story. I recommend playing #1.

Utawarerumono.

Eien no Aselia.

Kamidori.

Fire Emblem.

Super Robot Wars.

Battle Moon Wars.

Disgaea.

You are factually incorrect, good sir.

Ok, maybe calling shit all the other TBS/RPG was a bit rough, sorry about that.

IMO Fire Emblem (which is a really good games saga) is not a TBS/RPG, just TBS (the RPG elements are really few)

Disgaea.... hmmm... I still feel Gungir battle system is better...