Recommendations for Eroge/Visual Novels

I've been playing Visual Novels/Eroge for a bit now. I have at the moment 9 VNs/Eroge (fully completed, besides little busters, need to get one more cg to finish it fully) on my external hard drive just wondering if anyone's got any recommended ones to play

I've played:

G Senjou No Maou

Sharin No Kuni Himawari No Shoujo

Sharin No Kuni Yuukyuu No Shounenshoujo

Little Busters

Bible Black

Kira Kira Curtain Call (Played the original Kira Kira on my Iphone)

Katawa Shoujo

School Days (Only got to Ep 4, this was before the days of School Days HQ which I'm currently downloading)

Heartwork (Don't have it anymore, was decent but too short)

Higurashi No When They Cry, Ep 1 -8)

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

EDIT:

Added Higurashi and Umineko to the List

Thank you

Edited by Linkman19

you could try

kanon and clannad (from key, developer of little busters)

muv luv (muv luv and muv luv alternative)

steins gate (has no h-scene but it has great story)

edelweiss and edelweiss eden fantasia(from mangagamer, kira-kira publisher but they're much funnier than kirakira IMO)

It's always difficult to give other persons some good recommendations and it's even more difficult if we don't know what they're into. So what do you like when it comes to visual novels? Any specific character traits? Dark story? Any fetishes? You know, stuff like this.

Generally when it comes to VN's I care more for plot than I do for actual H, I am not adverse to the occasional dark story as long as it is well written. Character Traits, I like characters that have both a stupid side (Airheadedness) and a Amazing side. Also kinda like the cutesy moe-esque characters

EDIT: Amazing as in like

"Theres no way out what do we do"

"Watch this"

*Amazing Stuff Happens, like tricking the bad guy or just picking his way out of the locked room*

"See?"

Edited by Linkman19

So good story and an airhead heroine? Well that's something to work with. As for moe, there isn't even a real definition of this word, I can't help you when it comes to this, same goes for amazing, what is amazing for you? A badass char? Oh well, nevermind, I'm too tired for...must...go...zzZ

Tag: Airhead Heroine

Edited by OneManArmy
Generally when it comes to VN's I care more for plot than I do for actual H, I am not adverse to the occasional dark story as long as it is well written. Character Traits, I like characters that have both a stupid side (Airheadedness) and a Amazing side. Also kinda like the cutesy moe-esque characters

Ef A Fairy Tale of the Two and Ever17 are two that I can recommend. The first one takes you through the eyes of different protagonists. Great music and some of the best dialogue I've seen in a VN so far. Ever17 is another great VN. No h-scenes, but it has romance. However, the real reason to play Ever17 is the great twists along the way that you see in the true route. Check them both out.

So good story and an airhead heroine? Well that's something to work with. As for moe, there isn't even a real definition of this word, I can't help you when it comes to this, same goes for amazing, what is amazing for you? A badass char? Oh well, nevermind, I'm too tired for...must...go...zzZ

Tag: Airhead Heroine

Thanks for the list, Some of them seem to meet both requiremrents

Ef A Fairy Tale of the Two and Ever17 are two that I can recommend. The first one takes you through the eyes of different protagonists. Great music and some of the best dialogue I've seen in a VN so far. Ever17 is another great VN. No h-scenes, but it has romance. However, the real reason to play Ever17 is the great twists along the way that you see in the true route. Check them both out.

Ever17... I will check it out, I love Plot Twists :D

Ever17 needs some time to get awesome though. Actually, same goes for ef. So yeah link, if you don't have any problems with slow paced visual novels then be sure to check desi's recommendations out.

Thanks for the list, Some of them seem to meet both requiremrents

This was the plan.

Ever17 needs some time to get awesome though. Actually, same goes for ef. So yeah link, if you don't have any problems with slow paced visual novels then be sure to check desi's recommendations out.

This was the plan.

I am sucker for things with twists and decent character development. If I had to give an example it would Toradora in regards to the feelings developed between Taiga and Ryuji, Took a fair few episodes but when it happened it was amazing because of the build up to it

Fate/Stay Night is basically a must-read in general.

Umineko and maybe Higurashi are also pretty great, at least in the plot and music departments. Their default art is godawful, though. Higurashi has a patch to swap in redrawn sprites, I'm not sure if Umineko does.

Fate/Stay Night is basically a must-read in general.

Umineko and maybe Higurashi are also pretty great, at least in the plot and music departments. Their default art is godawful, though. Higurashi has a patch to swap in redrawn sprites, I'm not sure if Umineko does.

Sorry didn't add those two games to the list, I've played both of them, Umineko had a wonderful plot with many colorful and unforgettable characters who will always remain inside my heart and soul. I haven't played Chiru yet btw. Umineko also constantly has me wondering "What is Battler's Sin?"

If you want something dark, you can always try out Saya no Uta. It's written by Gen Urobuchi, the guy behind Madoka and Fate/Zero, and really is an extremely unique and short experience (about 10 hours long). It's also very gruesome, though, so it depends on how well you can stomach that sort of stuff. It was my introduction to visual novels, and what really hooked me on them.

If you want something dark, you can always try out Saya no Uta. It's written by Gen Urobuchi, the guy behind Madoka and Fate/Zero, and really is an extremely unique and short experience (about 10 hours long). It's also very gruesome, though, so it depends on how well you can stomach that sort of stuff. It was my introduction to visual novels, and what really hooked me on them.

I've been meaning to check Saya no Uta for a bit, I get it done

If I had to give an example it would Toradora in regards to the feelings developed between Taiga and Ryuji, Took a fair few episodes but when it happened it was amazing because of the build up to it
Toradora! is easily one of my favourite animes of all time. It is one of very few romance/comedy animes that actually feels complete when it ends. Also the voice cast was insanely awesome. But I'll watch pretty much anything with Rie Kugimiya in it, having her paired with Junji Majima is massive bonus.

This was the plan.

Been Playing Ever 17 for a day now, done two routes: Tsugumi and You's.

For me it seemed epic from the get-go, I mean the story is amazing. Desi is perfectly right in regards to plot twists. Some of the moments were totally "Oh my god, why?!"

Well if you liked Kira Kira, I can recommend you Deardrops, it's from the same producer Overdrive and is also about a rock band. Though I have to say that Deardrops is not so good as Kira Kira in comparison, but still it's worth checking it. The music/songs and bgm in the game are very good!

If your going to give it a try, I would personally recommend you to only go >Riho's route

I could also recommend Hoshizora no Memoria to you. It tells romantic stories with references to astronomy. After finishing the game I had the urge to go stargazing!

And I would second Clannad, Steins;Gate & Saya no Uta as listed above. :)

Been Playing Ever 17 for a day now, done two routes: Tsugumi and You's.

For me it seemed epic from the get-go, I mean the story is amazing. Desi is perfectly right in regards to plot twists. Some of the moments were totally "Oh my god, why?!"

Oh man, you didn't even see the major plot twists yet :p Wait until the true route, bricks will be shat.

Oh man, you didn't even see the major plot twists yet :p Wait until the true route, bricks will be shat.

Oh yes, many bricks. I was actually getting kinda bored after the first two or three routes, they were starting to become rather repetitive... but that last route blew me away. Unbelievable stuff.

Oh yes, many bricks. I was actually getting kinda bored after the first two or three routes, they were starting to become rather repetitive... but that last route blew me away. Unbelievable stuff.

Call it blasphemy but I hated all characters (besides tsugumi) and didn't play the true route. Yeah I know, I suck.

Call it blasphemy but I hated all characters (besides tsugumi) and didn't play the true route. Yeah I know, I suck.

I will agree that at the minute I am leaning towards Tsugumi. Her ending has had the most impact on me. Lets wait and see when I've done the true route

If you made it through at least a couple routes, you could probably skip through the remaining ones so you can just experience the true route. I don't think it would affect your understanding of the story too much. I definitely know what you're talking about, though. Sora's route dragged a LOT for me, and I took several long breaks during the game. But the last route was worth it, big time.

you could probably skip through the remaining ones so you can just experience the true route.

What the hell man? All people told me that I HAVE to finish all routes for understanding the true ending. Anyway, I only finished tsugumi's and sora's route, the only two chars I could stand. Oh and that coco was annoying as hell; directly from the time where she told you that stupid joke.