Who else here has played Catherine? Definitely has to be one the best games ever made

I did, it's a pretty decent game but not one of the best ever made. The big issues with Catherine are that the gameplay of block puzzles gets old fast and the way the characters develop in the story isn't engaging enough to pick up the slack. It's certainly not awful, but too many aspects of Catherine felt like they were actively trying to push me away. More variety in the gameplay would have helped, as would more meaningful interactions with the game's cast. As it stands, the coolest thing about Catherine is that there really isn't anything else out there like it. If that's enough for you, you'll probably have a better time with the game than I did.

Edited by Ryu

I was thinking about purchasing this. Looks like the game + extra stuff like the artbook and soundtrack that I probably won't listen to anyways is on sale for $28 on amazon. Definitely looks pretty unique. Might bite on it, we'll see.

I did, it's a pretty decent game but not one of the best ever made. The big issues with Catherine are that the gameplay of block puzzles gets old fast and the way the characters develop in the story isn't engaging enough to pick up the slack. It's certainly not awful, but too many aspects of Catherine felt like they were actively trying to push me away. More variety in the gameplay would have helped, as would more meaningful interactions with the game's cast. As it stands, the coolest thing about Catherine is that there really isn't anything else out there like it. If that's enough for you, you'll probably have a better time with the game than I did.

I absolutely loved the gameplay, it is unique and really challenging while being fun. I also thought the characters developed fine :S I really do hope they make more games with Catherine's gameplay style.

Love is over special edition was good, worth the money

about the game, i already finished all endings since alot, it was very unique and funny game (lol Catherine's father) i remember people were complaining about hardmode was way too hard.

and uh the OST was really good, ofc Atlus, i wish there were another atlus game similar

I didn't think it was too hard, but I think this is one of the few games I'm actually good at. I was #1 on the leaderboards for a short while on the 360 version for one of the Babel stages. No idea where I rank now.