Hello there, to be honest I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, but whatever, it's general talk atleast.

So, um, I've basically finished Muv-Luv (Extras & Unlimited). Been very occupied with that lately (for very good reason). I won't write my thoughts on it here though since there seems to be a thread for that kind of stuff.

Naturally I'm moving on to Muv-Luv Alternative, but before I do that, I'd like to ask you this: What's the canon ending of Unlimited? Yes, that is my question. Because you see, I want to be in the right mindset as I start Alternative. I want to end Unlimited with the canon ending, if there is such a thing.

So, is there? If there is NOT a canon ending, then just... say there isn't one, I suppose. I don't really want spoilers, I just want to end Unlimited with the canon ending IF there is one. If Alternative starts with something completely different than that, then that's fine, but... Well you get my point.

If there is no canon ending to Unlimited, then perhaps you could recommend one for me to end it with atleast. The one you deem most appropiate.

Thanks alot... and yes, I'm very excited to start Alternative.

That last moment with the bunnygirl, Kasumi, in the brain room... It's keeping my mind going, just like how Ever17 kept my mind going at all times. You know, her name is an anagram of Sumika, I noticed. Kasumi -> Ka-sumi -> Sumi-ka -> Sumika. I don't know what their actual connection is yet, but it must be something and I must find out. They are not the same person, pretty sure of that. Perhaps the bunnygirl has some sort of mental connection with the "normal" world. She did wake the main character up every morning, just like Sumika. Also, the brain? What is it? You know I have one hypothesis, which again has to do with Sumika, but I'm just gonna stop now because this is getting too long.

Edited by Harlequin

Alright good, that's fine, exactly what I wanted to know, thank you very much. So it's not important to end Unlimited in a certain manner. Hohoho, this is gonna be good, I can feel it.

And yes, about VNDB descriptions... I didn't want to read that, because it MIGHT give away too much too early. A trailer for a movie can have the same effect sometimes, which isn't good at all for sure.

I think that yuuko ending is unlimited true ending

is the reason that takeru have memories from unlimited

But im not completely sure.

possible.....

though i prefer to say unlimited true ending is MLA~~

Man, I wish I never read Muv-Luv. That way, I could read it again...

can i knock you flat???

I think that yuuko ending is unlimited true ending

is the reason that takeru have memories from unlimited

But im not completely sure.

he has memories of every route in muvluv alt, and as they explain in the second game, all or none of em are the true ending

Edited by polo2005

^ Thanks, definately don't want any spoilers. That said...

Oh. My. God.

Marimo, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

These fucking aliens. They are far, FAR worse than I imagined they would be. They are actual nightmarish monsters, the kind of monsters you'd find in a Lovecraftian Universe. So yea, there we were, having a sad/serious talk with Marimo-chan after the surprise attack by these freaks. But you know, it all worked out in the end, even though Takeru lost it. He would get back on his feet eventually no doubt and Marimo helped him along with that. And then... This horror.

Sure it was sad that Marimo died. Oh yes, very sad. Actually, I've been teary-eyed for the majority of the time playing this game, no exaggeration.

But... That's not the worst part of it. It's the WAY she died. I can't believe the game actually did that. I can't remember the last time a game shocked me like this one event did. It came out of absolutely nowhere. At first I almost thought that Takeru was having delusions or something, but noooo, it happened. That alien monster ate Marimo-chans head. WHAT. WHAT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU KILLED MARIMO YOU FUCKING SHIT.

And this game?... Fuck this game, 10 out of 10, there's nothing better. Of course I'm pissed now. Marimo is dead.

Edited by Harlequin
^ Thanks, definately don't want any spoilers. That said...

Oh. My. God.

Marimo, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

These fucking aliens. They are far, FAR worse than I imagined they would be. They are actual nightmarish monsters, the kind of monsters you'd find in a Lovecraftian Universe. So yea, there we were, having a sad/serious talk with Marimo-chan after the surprise attack by these freaks. But you know, it all worked out in the end, even though Takeru lost it. He would get back on his feet eventually no doubt and Marimo helped him along with that. And then... This horror.

Sure it was sad that Marimo died. Oh yes, very sad. Actually, I've been teary-eyed for the majority of the time playing this game, no exaggeration.

But... That's not the worst part of it. It's the WAY she died. I can't believe the game actually did that. I can't remember the last time a game shocked me like this one event did. It came out of absolutely nowhere. At first I almost thought that Takeru was having delusions or something, but noooo, it happened. That alien monster ate Marimo-chans head. WHAT. WHAT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU KILLED MARIMO YOU FUCKING SHIT.

And this game?... Fuck this game, 10 out of 10, there's nothing better. Of course I'm pissed now. Marimo is dead.

Ahh... the infamous "chomp" scene. It surprised the shit out of me too. It's interesting to see how Takeru responds to all this.

Hahaha silly one, marimo's faceless scene is one of many scenes that will leave you brain death, fortunately this helps in Takeru's character development. You just wait......

Interesting indeed, that entire episode was just... Nuts. Absolutely insane. Well I'm done with it now. Episode 7, that is. It took this entire day for me to get through it, pretty much. Yea, I was that slow. I always take my time with good moments and good text, to get the whole thing to sink in the way it was meant to. You can imagine then what this episode was like for someone like me. This entire day, more or less, full of tears... is what it was.

But that's good, you know. This way I can appreciate the art more. I hope there are others here who do the same.

And it most definately is art, by the way. Especially this game. Even though I'm not done with it, that's still easy to say. This is a masterpiece.

Edit: Sorry, but I wanna write some more... due to the power of this episode.

His sanity was more or less breaking down. Takerus', that is. You know, it started out bad, if the start would be Marimo's death. She dies a horrible death, he ends up blaming himself and "fleeing the scene", as probably most would. Then, he pretty much gets the status of "weakling" in the eyes of Yuuko and Kasumi, as he flees back to the branch of his original world. At this point he's almost broken already... but of course, once he's back on that branch of the original world, everything gets even worse. It was sad and shocking enough for me watching Marimo's death, but then the game takes it further without stopping. Incredible.

Fast forward to the scene with Sumika. Takeru runs away from her, she gets sad and confused, but follows him in the end to that park. Suffice it to say, that scene was very moving and happy. The game lets up for a moment.

But then... another accident. Things get worse yet again. All the way back to despair and even suicidal thoughts. Eventually, the scene in the car with Yuuko. The realization that there is something on the other world that is making Takeru to be the causality conductor. What could it possibly be? And for what reason is it making him this way? I feel very bad for him. Why does he have to go through this? Things were very peaceful and happy in Extra.

Edited by Harlequin

All these spoilers are dragging me to play/read this game...

but every time I try to install this game, I forget which one goes first...

could someone please remind me which of the muv luv series goes first, second, and so on...

All these spoilers are dragging me to play/read this game...

but every time I try to install this game, I forget which one goes first...

could someone please remind me which of the muv luv series goes first, second, and so on...

Sure, it's first "Muv-Luv", then "Muv-Luv Alternative".

"Muv-Luv" is two games in one, if you want to put it that way... Extra and Unlimited. You can only play Extra at the start. After doing the two main routes of Extra, you unlock Unlimited. After Unlimited, you go to Muv-Luv Alternative.

So it's Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative. But both Extra and Unlimited are part of the same game and installation, which is the first Muv-Luv.

So it's Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative

man... I've been seeding those for months but never got myself to read/play it...

sdfgdsfg.jpg

Thanks for reminding me... I should take note of this before I forget it again...

I think I asked that question so many times... I just always forget the right order...

man... I've been seeding those for months but never got myself to read/play it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5792[/ATTACH]

Thanks for reminding me... I should take note of this before I forget it again...

I think I asked that question so many times... I just always forget the right order...

You're very welcome. Well, what to say really... If you play this series and if you can appreciate a complex, emotional and intelligent story, then I'm confident that you will think that it's the best VN series you've ever read in your whole life so far. How about that. And that's not an exaggeration, no one on this site could possibly say that that is an exaggeration. I fully understand even now why this game (Alternative) has almost only 10/10 ratings. It's not a surprise at all. It's so obvious at this very moment, having just reached the end of the particular episode I'm on right now.

You're very welcome. Well, what to say really... If you play this series and if you can appreciate a complex, emotional and intelligent story, then I'm confident that you will think that it's the best VN series you've ever read in your whole life so far. How about that. And that's not an exaggeration, no one on this site could possibly say that that is an exaggeration. I fully understand even now why this game (Alternative) has almost only 10/10 ratings. It's not a surprise at all. It's so obvious at this very moment, having just reached the end of the particular episode I'm on right now.

complex stories??? THROW THEM TO ME!!!

I'm ready for them...

best VN huh??? we'll see if it can make me change my favorite... Fate/Stay Night...

BTW Harlequin, if complex stories are your thing then I reccomend the following if you haven't tried them yet (in no particular order):

- G-Senjou no Maou.

- Sharin No Kuni Himawari no Shoujo.

- Fate Stay/Night (If you haven't played this already you're living under a rock).

- Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

- A profile

- Eien no Aselia

- Deus Machina Demonbane

- Forest

- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-

- Ever 17: The Out of Infinity

- Shikkoku no Sharnoth

- Sekien no Inganock

- Swan Song

All of them amazing plots.

Edited by Ryu

Then unfortunately I must be living under a rock, hehe. I have not played Fate Stay/Night. Not because of no interest mind you, but you know how it is... Time, that's the only issue, if you want to call it an issue. I'll believe you if you say that it's fantastic, definately. Perhaps after Muv-Luv Alternative then, if it's actually more important to play that game instead of any others.

That's a good list by the way, very handy to know all of those games have complex stories, so thank you for that. I've played the following of them already:

- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-

- Ever 17: The Out of Infinity

- G-Senjou no Maou

I started reading visual novels about 6 months ago and it's all thanks to Katawa Shoujo. If it wasn't for that game, I'd never end up here, even though anime and japanese culture in general has always interested me. I've just never delved into it before for some inexplicable reason, but thanks to KS, it happened. Really grateful for that.