Which games let you use a game controller?

I have a wired controller for my PC and recently when I played Sharin no Kuni I realized I could use it for visual novels but I have no idea which games support them :\ It's quite nice laying back on the couch and playing a VN half way across the room so if you guys got any ideas let me know.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister, if you've heard of that one. Well you can use a controller when doing the strategy gameplay of it atleast, not sure about the reading.

How's the game? My friend suggested it to me but I didn't play it since I like to play reading VNs more

Its quite decent in my opinion I have only played two routes so far.Havent tried it with a controller... it has nice art and whats rare is full english patch although its kind of tricky applying it (installing all the updates and whatnot). Story isnt that good but its not bad either, If youre really interested you might aswell just take a look at some gameplay / Kamidori Alchemy Meister Review

Its quite decent in my opinion I have only played two routes so far.Havent tried it with a controller... it has nice art and whats rare is full english patch although its kind of tricky applying it (installing all the updates and whatnot). Story isnt that good but its not bad either, If youre really interested you might aswell just take a look at some gameplay / Kamidori Alchemy Meister Review

Well I never played a SRPG visual novel but I usually look for a good story and in the review it gave the story a D would you agree with that rating?

To be fair I would give it a C/C+ at least its little bit predictable and repetitive (promotion parts, god i just cant stand them) but still lots of fun. imo you should give it a go it has tons and tons of quests , really worth a try

Well I never played a SRPG visual novel but I usually look for a good story and in the review it gave the story a D would you agree with that rating?

The main feature of Kamidori is the rpg elements. I haven't played it yet, but I heard the story was very meh from a lot of people. Who knows, you might enjoy it.

The main feature of Kamidori is the rpg elements. I haven't played it yet, but I heard the story was very meh from a lot of people. Who knows, you might enjoy it.

I finished it some months ago and believe me, story and character development are non-existent. Well I personally only played it for the amazing gameplay anyway, do the same and you'll be also fine.

Hey, I just tried it with my own gamepad, it works with both gameplay and reading. To be honest though, using it for the gameplay part feels... Slow and clunky, compared to using the mouse. I can definately see the appeal of using it for reading though.

By the way, I think one reason why you can use a gamepad in Sharin no Kuni is because that game saw a release on both Xbox 360 and PSP. I was gonna recommend G-senjou no Maou, since that was also made by Akabei Soft2, however G-senjou has not been released on anything but PC, sooo...

Then again, Kamidori hasn't been released on anything but PC either...

Hey, I just tried it with my own gamepad, it works with both gameplay and reading. To be honest though, using it for the gameplay part feels... Slow and clunky, compared to using the mouse. I can definately see the appeal of using it for reading though.

By the way, I think one reason why you can use a gamepad in Sharin no Kuni is because that game saw a release on both Xbox 360 and PSP. I was gonna recommend G-senjou no Maou, since that was also made by Akabei Soft2, however G-senjou has not been released on anything but PC, sooo...

Then again, Kamidori hasn't been released on anything but PC either...

Well I already played G-senjou but I never tried a gamepad on it

Get Joy2Key/JoytoKey..

It is a program that let's you assign mouse and keyboard buttons/movements to a controller.

Only problem I ever had with it is that it doesn't work for games that use the "Shift" Button.

It acts as if the Shift Button is pressed the whole time, even if you haven't assigned it to anything.

There are also controllers which come with a software for that already, but Joy2Key should be more than enough to play VN's with a controller.

Edited by Maxar

OK go here and look at the Xpadder stuff.

https://erogegames.com/social/general-discussions-debates/574-programs-you-may-not-know-about/

It will tell you everything you need to know about using a controller on Vn's.I haven't used a mouse in a long time.

This Program Works On All Vn's I never had any problems with it.The only thing is that is that Its hard to make ps3 and Xbox controllers work on it.But that is not the programs fault you need drivers to make them work on pc.

Edited by Breakthrough