Have you played Shira Oka?

It's a good dating sim, even though one may look it with some prejudice because it's an American game and you can't skip its horrible opening music the first time.

But the main reason I opened a new thread is because I hated the change of routes the game made. I was trying Aya's path, I only dated her and the her affection was the highest, but in the end the game simply decided that Kiku was the girl for my character, so I entered her route without knowing her background story. That's lame. =/

Nope, I never played this.

Anyway, in the scale of 0 to 10, how will you rate this game, Tonhao?

I might try it if the vn is interesting enough.

Well, it isn't a great game, but it is enjoyable. It isn't a game I would recommend like I do with True Love. Besides, it's a dating sim, so you won't get a deep story like a VN (just in case it's a problem to you). I'd give a 6.

And Caelitas, I wouldn't say it is that bad, but the English dub and the design may be a bit annoying. The gameplay is good imo, though. But you need a lot of time to see the endings, since you have to build your stats a little before reaching most of them and you have to start all over when you finish a character's route. So maybe most people won't have the patience to put up with these problems.

Edited by tonhao90

I enjoyed it a little, but it wasn't all that great. I ended up not finishing it, unfortunately, because I just could not get into it.

Aside from writing issues, the look of the game really... annoyed me I suppose. Looking at minimized screenshots the game looks ok, but full sized? The sprites are blurry and out of focus. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it ended up giving me a headache since I have poor eyesight.

It's a shame because they did have some honestly good ideas. They just executed it rather poorly.

don't play this shit, believe me

you'll spend more time building your stats to study rather than date girls and you'll do it over and over for a very long time (there's about 10 endings and you'll do the same thing for each route)

the worst thing of all is that there is no skip function in game setting so you will left-click your mouse like crazy to fast-forward dialogues

some of the characters are very annoying and when i talked about route then you also need to finish some of boy routes to get true route as the last route (yes, you can "trigger a flag" with 2 of the boys -.-)

good thing about this game is that the publisher gives some update patches to fixes things up

bottom line, there's much better game out there to play for you

Have you played Shira Oka?

Nope but the game sounds somewhat interesting : "Ever wonder how things might be different, if you could go back in time and re-live your past?"

So yeah, I'll probably play this game someday.

Wasn't this the one without the skip function ? :/

Uhhh...nevermind...