Spice and Wolf

Any comments and opinions on this anime? I'm thinking about watching it next (when there's time), it seems quite good and interesting. Beautiful too, or that's the impression I get. I like adventure stuff, where one person or several people go on a long journey to many places, seeing many different things... It's like that, isn't it?

Does it have good romance? I'm a sucker for that stuff aswell, so. The kind of romance that makes you happy, not sad or frustrated. As an example of romance that I absolutely despise -> School Days.

By the way, I really do trust the opinions of everyone on this forum. That's why I come here to ask this kind of stuff. It's the exact same when it comes to VNs. The reviews and such that you can read on here all seem very accurate and true. Atleast that's how my experience has been so far.

Thanks in advance!

I love this anime especially it's concept - it was an authentic story if you ask me - beside i love the dialog, While speaking about it, i really love how they are talking about trading and stuff - and again i find this interesting - about the characters.. i love how Holo doing things in trading - The main protagonist are not everywhere you can find anime/manga.. nuff said beside i'm still not fully finished reading and watch ... so yea i'm not good with explaining my feelings about the story.. - i'm not good at reviewing.. i only giving only my thoughts~

Does it have good romance?

Well, the anime is about the relationship between horo and lorence, but I wouldn't call it good romance. Don't get me wrong, there is romance but you won't see a lot of lovey dovey scenes. The story itself is okay but nothing outstanding. So why do people like this anime so much? Mainly because of horo, she's damn charming and obviously the selling point of this anime. So you're fine as long as you like horo.

I like adventure stuff, where one person or several people go on a long journey to many places, seeing many different things... It's like that, isn't it?

True but spice and wolf isn't about the journey itself so I wouldn't compare it with one of those typical adventure anime. It's, like I said before, more about horo and her past/change of mind when it comes to certain things.

So yeah, the anime's pretty much about horo so you better stop watching it if you can't stand her. Otherwise, go for it, you won't regret it. Oh and I personally don't trust reviews of most people but there are some specific persons, with the same preferences like me, I trust though.

Sorry Harley, haven't watch this anime yet. I'm in a anime burnout state right now. (not for long, not for long.)

Haha no worries my friend, been the same for me... well maybe not exactly, it's been more of a time issue.

I love this anime especially it's concept - it was an authentic story if you ask me - beside i love the dialog, While speaking about it, i really love how they are talking about trading and stuff - and again i find this interesting - about the characters.. i love how Holo doing things in trading - The main protagonist are not everywhere you can find anime/manga.. nuff said beside i'm still not fully finished reading and watch ... so yea i'm not good with explaining my feelings about the story.. - i'm not good at reviewing.. i only giving only my thoughts~

it's really interesting because i've never seen anything like it.

the characters are really interesting and developed and the story is well written.

i really need a season 3 though..

Well, the anime is about the relationship between horo and lorence, but I wouldn't call it good romance. Don't get me wrong, there is romance but you won't see a lot of lovey dovey scenes. The story itself is okay but nothing outstanding. So why do people like this anime so much? Mainly because of horo, she's damn charming and obviously the selling point of this anime. So you're fine as long as you like horo.

True but spice and wolf isn't about the journey itself so I wouldn't compare it with one of those typical adventure anime. It's, like I said before, more about horo and her past/change of mind when it comes to certain things.

So yeah, the anime's pretty much about horo so you better stop watching it if you can't stand her. Otherwise, go for it, you won't regret it. Oh and I personally don't trust reviews of most people but there are some specific persons, with the same preferences like me, I trust though.

So from what I gather, it seems the characters are the biggest deal perhaps in this anime, especially Horo? Oh that's fine and actually it's even more intriguing now for that reason. The characters have depth and it's more about them? Great. Hopefully the 25 (?) episodes is sufficient for it. Because I do feel that such stories needs a proper amount of time.

And yea the trading part seems good, that's the very first thing that made me interested in watching it actually.

Also, a shame that there's not alot of lovey-dovey in it, OMA. That's the kind I like, it makes me happy. Oh well, it's totally fine. By the way, you seem to be very straightforward and honest, so I trust you on this one for sure.

Also, a shame that there's not alot of lovey-dovey in it, OMA. That's the kind I like, it makes me happy. Oh well, it's totally fine. By the way, you seem to be very straightforward and honest, so I trust you on this one for sure.

And that's why i love this anime - nuff said - there is no such anime like this to be found and yet again it just me~

You're welcome. I also like lovey-dovey stuff as long as it's not too much. To be more correctly, I pretty much like those scenes where one (or both) characters are totally embarrassed and go hngh, but can't stand it if it's used too often. And yeah, I am very straightfoward (damn those long words) and honest when it comes to specific things. I mean, I love to troll people but reviews are another thing.

Edited by OneManArmy

I kinda have to agreed, Well i love Ecchi stuff, i do - But when i first watch this anime, I expect that this has to be ecchi shit that gonna be nowhere - after i watch this anime i'm kind off giving this anime "A fresh Start" for me.. and that is a balanced and not too much shit in it..~

I mean, I love to troll people but reviews are another thing.

^This - i love to spam and doing worthless stuff but when doing these kinda things.. i might put aside the shit i do..-

Well right now I'm the 11th light novel and I kinda disagree slightly against OneMan, and there is a reason for it not being lovey dobey....its mainly about the relationship between Holo and Lawrence and you should definitely give it a try(Holo is pretty great and does help it but you need great characters to have story about them no?)...and like I said Oneman is downplaying it a bit to hard for me.

The story is about their travels and their relationship with a bit of trading and economy throw in since Lawrence is a merchant.

I suck at this but basically you should try it as it is definitely above average at the very least.

Biggest complaint is that S2 leaves you wanting for more but thats where the novels come in

Well right now I'm the 11th light novel and I kinda disagree slightly against OneMan

I was only talking about the anime though, I didn't read the light novel but it's probably obviously way better and contains more lovey dovey scenes.

Holo is pretty great and does help it but you need great characters to have story about them no?

I watched the anime one year ago and all the scenes I can remember are ones feat horo. And I'm not saying that the other characters didn't have a story, it was just that I wasn't interested in the story itself but more about horo's role in them.

and like I said Oneman is downplaying it a bit to hard for me.

True, I always tend to criticize stuff more than I should.

Harlequin, There isn;t really romance per say, but there is a "love" undercurrent, and yes it is a beautiful anime, very well animated, nearly as good as SAO. The story has no super bad parts like inschool days, but do be prepared to be thrown for a few loops.