Visual Novels Translation Status [10/07/2012]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't mean it like that, but her h-scene kinda disappoint me (already saw it) cause i expect more xxx-thing :o from her

and she has two tough opponents to crack in next patch, one is boing-boing Soldier and the other is butt-spanking ojousama

some of majikoi side characters are actually intriguing me, like Azumi and Lee (thank Kami they'll have their own route at next Majikoi expansion, Azumi at A-1 and Lee at A-3)

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

Why would anyone with brains give Azumi a route?She's madly in love with Hideo, it makes no fucking sense for Yamato to just step in and steal her from him, even though Hideo never really showed any signs of liking her ='(

Oh well, I hope it's REALLY well done, or else it's gonna make a lot of people out there mad.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

Why would anyone with brains give Azumi a route?She's madly in love with Hideo, it makes no fucking sense for Yamato to just step in and steal her from him, even though Hideo never really showed any signs of liking her ='(

Oh well, I hope it's REALLY well done, or else it's gonna make a lot of people out there mad.

Actually Azumi adores Hideo and likes him a lot, but doesn't necessarely love him...

Besides Azumi route doesn't necessary mean that Yamato is going to steal Azumi from Hideo.

Edited by tosla

Azumi does love Hideo, it's made clear in Majikoi S, where she complains to Yamato (Who comes to work for their company in Monshiro's route) about how their relationship hasn't progressed at all in comparison to Yamato's with Monshiro.

Hoho, I can't wait to see the Rewrite ending~~~ x)

I've only been playing visual novels for about 3 or 4 months now and so far the ones I have played so far (except for a few English freeware short novels) all have H scenes. H scenes don't really turn me on or anything, but I like the fact of knowing that the characters have had sex, to me it makes the story more real. I know when I was 14,15 and 16, I thought of nothing else. But I would be just as happy if they had a scene where they were under the covers and you couldn't see anything, or even if they were behind a closed door.

So what I want to know is, how does a all ages visual novel like rewrite work? Does it still have romance? Is it like anime romance where you can't even tell their a couple? Or do they have under the cover scenes? I just want to know before I give one a try.

I read a romance manga the other day and they couple started dating in the 1st volume. At the very end of the final volume they had been going out for 2 years now and they finally decided to have their 1st kiss after dating for 2 years. I just thought bullshit, there not that reserved in Japan.

Jeffrey

I've only been playing visual novels for about 3 or 4 months now and so far the ones I have played so far (except for a few English freeware short novels) all have H scenes. H scenes don't really turn me on or anything, but I like the fact of knowing that the characters have had sex, to me it makes the story more real. I know when I was 14,15 and 16, I thought of nothing else. But I would be just as happy if they had a scene where they were under the covers and you couldn't see anything, or even if they were behind a closed door.

So what I want to know is, how does a all ages visual novel like rewrite work? Does it still have romance? Is it like anime romance where you can't even tell their a couple? Or do they have under the cover scenes? I just want to know before I give one a try.

I read a romance manga the other day and they couple started dating in the 1st volume. At the very end of the final volume they had been going out for 2 years now and they finally decided to have their 1st kiss after dating for 2 years. I just thought bullshit, there not that reserved in Japan.

Jeffrey

VN without sex-scenes always use the plot to sell, so if there are some famous no-sex VN with good reviews, give it a try.

Like EVER17 for an amazing plot and also some

under the cover scenes

Jeffrey

Each VN has their own way to show the love of the relationship.

In some, you'll see the relationship progressing naturally, the protag and the girl kiss, get more confortable with each other, but simply don't get to the point of having sex yet before the story is over simply because the relationship hasn't progressed that far yet.

In some, it's left implicit that they do have sex although it's never said blatantly.

In others there's a stronger focus on the emotional rather than the physical, they try to show that the protag and the girl are strongly spiritually connected, to make up for the lack of a physical connection.

Not to mention that there are a few VNs out there that have different ways to show the love for different heroines, all in the same game.

And like the guy above me just said, it's harder for a VN to sell without sex scenes, so if there aren't any and it's famous and known for being good, chances are you're in for some good stuff.

I'd recommend you Little Busters for a first all ages VN, it's from key too, there isn't too much drama in each route, the game is just downright hillarious all the way and they do a good job of showing the strenght of their relationships in each route.

O_O, does that include bad ending for each perosn? cause then it would make a little more sense

-I'm surprised that they already have routes patched, where as the first one isnt even done yet...

There is no real main heroine in Majikoi.

I guess the ones that are the main focus of it are Monshiro and Tsubame, since they are the newest heroines with the longest routes.

Pretty much every new girl gets a small route, side characters get a super small route (Pretty much just a h-scene), and the girls from the first game get a few extra h-scenes.

Thanks for the answers guys

How many "main heroines" are there then? 14 would be nice, but i guess that is wishfull thinking

This is sort of a guess, but looking at the Majikoi S translation website and the patches to be released, they have these heroines listed:

Margit, Kokoro, Kosugi, Momoyo, Kazuko, Yukie, Chris, Miyako, Tsubame, Monshiro

It would make sense that Margit, Kokoro, Kosugi, Tsubame, and Monshiro are the 5 "main" heroines in Majikoi S. The other 5 heroines are continuations from the regular Majikoi and you can enjoy new scenes/after stories with them.

Thanks again

Does that mean that the girls from the first game, got routes too?

The other 5 heroines are continuations from the regular Majikoi and you can enjoy new scenes/after stories with them.

This is sort of a guess, but looking at the Majikoi S translation website and the patches to be released, they have these heroines listed:

Margit, Kokoro, Kosugi, Momoyo, Kazuko, Yukie, Chris, Miyako, Tsubame, Monshiro

It would make sense that Margit, Kokoro, Kosugi, Tsubame, and Monshiro are the 5 "main" heroines in Majikoi S. The other 5 heroines are continuations from the regular Majikoi and you can enjoy new scenes/after stories with them.

No.Kosugi definetly ain't a main heroine, her route is 5 minutes long.

Switch out Kosugi for the Big Breasted Sleepy girl whose name I never remember and it's cool.

I think her name is Tatsuko.

In other words, you get the 5 heroines from the old game : Yukie, Chris, Miyako, Momoyo and Wanko.

Plus the 5 new "Main heroines" : Tsubame, Kokoro, Margit, Tatsuko and Monshiro.

Then there are the 3 mini routes from side characters : Iyo (Yukie's baseball maniac friend), Kosugi(The premium girl) and Yumiko(the president of the archery club).

And then there's the one route that according to some reviews I read around is the "main" route of Majikoi S : Koyuki's (the crazy white-haired girl who's friends with the gay guy and the bald guy) route.

Sum everything up and you got 14 routes total.

List of translated and untranslated routes on Majikoi S

Main routes:

Common route (Translated and released)

Kuki Monshiro (Translated and released)

Margit (Untranslated thus released)

Fushikawa Kokoro (Untranslated thus released)

Matsunaga Tsubame (Untranslated thus released)

Side routes:

Owada Iyo (Translated and released)

Musashi Kosugi (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Benkei Musashibou (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Yumiko Yaba (Untranslated thus released)

Sakakibara Koyuki (Untranslated thus released)

Hermit Crab Route (Untranslated thus released)

Majikoi S True route (Agave Route):

True Route (Untranslated thus unreleased)

After Story:

Kawakami Momoyo (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Kawakami Kazuko (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Mayuzumi Yukie (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Christiane Friederich (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Shiina Miyako (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Agave (Untranslated thus unreleased)

Haguro (Untranslated thus unreleased)

No, just kidding about haguro :o

There is no real main heroine in Majikoi.

I guess the ones that are the main focus of it are Monshiro and Tsubame, since they are the newest heroines with the longest routes.

Pretty much every new girl gets a small route, side characters get a super small route (Pretty much just a h-scene), and the girls from the first game get a few extra h-scenes.

I never played either game. I have been waiting on the translation to the 1st game to finish, but it seems to be on hold for now. I did watch the Anime and I thought it was awful. It was a little frustrating. I always figured that the big tall girl was the main heroine since she was the one he was in love with in the Anime.

He confessed to her and she shot him down and then at the end of the Anime she seemed to have a change of heart but he didn't seem to want her anymore. I just thought "how flaky?"

Everyone seems crazy about the game so I downloaded it and I'm gona try out the translated portion. I'm reallty looking forward to Shinigami no Kiss, Yosuga no sora, and FA to being finished. I've always wanted to play sora ever since the Anime. That was one that I really liked. I even read the manga.

Jeffrey

Majikoi is pretty awesome jeffrey.

Also, the part you talked about in the anime, it happens in the game too, the anime, although I haven't watched it, seems to be a big mix of all routes in the game from what I heard.

Except that of course in her route, he's ok with it, unlike in the anime lol.