'Custom' VN-related icons/smileys

I thought the smileys here were a little too few and so i was bored and 'made' a couple of these and then ended up doing a bunch.

http://i49.tinypic.com/303er2p.png

They're all VN/eroge related, here's an individual one for testing: http://i49.tinypic.com/4r9lsi.png

What do you people think?

*looks at hot smiley*

Imouto Ijime and hot? You've to be kidding me.

That bad huh? I haven't played a lot of those, including the one you mention, i just took it for a general 'hot' icon (which why not, right?; a curvy girl on a teasing attitude). Only a couple there have a 'thematic' representation like the 'raep' or 'yuri' ones.

Hmm, these seem a bit large for smilies. And I'm not sure the random anime heads really speak to the concept for each one. I suppose it's up to Ivan if he wants to add them, not like I really have an alternative.

Hmm, these seem a bit large for smilies. And I'm not sure the random anime heads really speak to the concept for each one. I suppose it's up to Ivan if he wants to add them, not like I really have an alternative.

Yup, they are too big. Remember that smileys are used in shoutbox as well - more empty space between lines is okay for forum posts, but in shoutbox 4 lines each containing smiley like that and screen is full.

Personally, I'd prefer one character doing different expressions, but it'd be very hard to pull something like that just from VN sprites. Also, as mentioned above - smileys can't be too big in size - it's impossible to draw expressions of standard "anime" characters in size like that - we'll have to do with pictogram representations for now ( i might change a look of those a little, maybe add more variety, but for now i have more important things to take care of).

• 2 weeks later...