Memorable VN Moments

Hello everyone.

When I read a VN, I tend to have certain phrases or images that really react with me as I read it. This line is so amusing, I can't wipe the grin off my face. Or this CG is extremely hot. Or that scene was just so sad and moving. Or this conversation is very profound and can be taken in so many ways.

I hit another one of those moments today while playing Muv-Luv Alternative. And while we have a funny eroge screenshot thread, and a favorite quote thread; there really isn't a thread for random moments that have importance.

So that's what this is. If you experience something great, make a post here about it. Remember to use spoilers as needed, but otherwise feel free to post whatever.

To start, I shall quote the line that had me grinning and thinking about this thread's creation:

Was it so bad that I deserved having a rabbit thrown at me?

:D

-More from me later, as I do have these moments that I enjoy with eroge and VN quite a bit.

[spoiler=Hanachirasu] I will ALWAYS remember Akane as being one of the best protagonists of all time in my opinion.

14692.jpg

Next the ending is something that is very well done as well. Something so different where everyone dies and that I love. (Love the Yaoi ending also because of KAIGEN!)

WHY CANT PEOPLE DIE MORE IN ANIME AND NOVELS!!!

Edited by battlerrules
The church scene of Yuuko in ef fairy tale.

Yeah, that was a very memorable scene indeed.

Oh, and a lot of MLA moments... but you (Haika) are still playing it, so I won't tempt you by posting them. I think you'll definitely see them along your journey.

In G-Senjou no Maou

The penguin costume scene. x)

Mizuha's bad end: When Yuki killed Azai. That scene was awesome.

Everything in the epilogue...everything!

In 999

[spoiler=zero]

http://i.imgur.com/LQmBL.jpg

Yes, this scene is very memorable. Very.

[spoiler=Axe End]The yandere tenshi. It was a very beautiful moment, to witness a hope that was born from despair. Survival, to live, to continue breathing, it was such a strong will, an instinct so powerful it has fooled his own judgement. Rationality is pointless. The utopia lies in the Angel right hand. Yet, the end is inevitable. There's no avoiding it. It was terrifying. It was so, human.

[spoiler=Normal End]

http://i.imgur.com/3N6lc.jpg

SNAAAAKKKEEEEEE!!!!!

[spoiler=True End]Where life and death are decided on an upside-down Sudoku. Consider this a privilege. You have been chosen.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Yeah, that was a very memorable scene indeed.

Oh, and a lot of MLA moments... but you (Haika) are still playing it, so I won't tempt you by posting them. I think you'll definitely see them along your journey.

Feel free to post them if you wish. Just remember to spoiler them if they are too important to the storyline. I knew in starting this that spoilers might be all over the place in here, and I don't plan to read things for games I haven't played yet. However this doesn't mean you should hold back on my account, I assume others may wish to know what moments you are thinking of as well.

In G-Senjou no Maou

The penguin costume scene. x).

Mizuha's bad end: When Yuki killed Azai. That scene was awesome.

Everything in the epilogue...everything!

this

also the scene when Haru is about to die, the protagonist's efforts to save her from falling

fate stay night HF route -

rin vs sakura last fight at HF, when rin hugs sakura

hanachirasu -

akane dialogue in fight against that Yasaka

ever17 -

of course the true end twist

Sharin no kuno -

when ririko is revealed

true remembrance -

i don't remember much, but the twist and the scene when the protagonist remembers and they share a kiss

muv luv alternative -

when we see the first death

steins gate -

its hard to point out a single scene, but i love the mad scientist dialogues, the part when john titor's true identity is revealed, Nae scene, and of course the ending of true route

my girlfriend is the president -

the least memorable are the only serious scenes in some of the routes. The most memorable is probably introduction of ran neechan, ell chan's cuteness especially in her route, Putina date when she wears that maid costume in her route

Edited by pramit
However this doesn't mean you should hold back on my account

Well... if you put it that way...

MAJOR image spoilers ahead

[spoiler=MLA]http://images.wikia.com/muvluv/images/2/25/MuvLuv_Alternative_209.png

[spoiler=MLA]http://aaltomies.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/ayamine.jpg

[spoiler=MLA]http://aaltomies.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/sumika-carry.jpg

All pretty memorable.

[spoiler=umineko] You should have kept your eyes closed forever.... WHY YOU TOO! I TRUSTED YOU!

http://thekokiris.net/SwitchRenn/Umineko%20Sprites/Umineko%20PS3%20Sprites/Virgilia/wal_a11%20evil%20laugh%202.png

edit: stupid me, using zerochan and all... anyway it's fixed now!

Edited by radiantmadness

Chaos;Head Spoilers:

THIS

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/93e4c09a57f073f99b9d6f4e547254aa1225130660_full.jpg

Also the bad ending where the main character experiences every fucking murder in the game. AUGH!

Also the nightmare where Nanami dies by drinking the poisoned coke bottle.

Katawa Shoujo spoilers:

This T.T

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/DaLadybugMan/Liveblog%20Screen%20Clippings/Katawa%20Shoujo/Katawa%20Shoujo%20Rin/Rin4CantHug.png

All of Rin's route

HUGE Flyable Heart spoilers:

During Yui's route when you and Yui find out that you can't be together because you're alternate versions of the same person and this song plays.

Flyable Heart piano arrange

Tomoyo After spoilers:

When Tomoyo reveals that you've actually experienced a week of memory for three years and this was the first time you ever said "I love you" to her.

G-Senjou spoilers:

This CG:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9674/shiratorimizuhafull3310.jpg

This song:

Close your eyes

and the entire epilogue where he gives himself up to the police, and each of the girls visits him in prison and start bawling.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1191/miwatsubakifull331123.jpg

Don't Cry Tsubaki T.T

Saya no Uta spoilers:

That fucking disgusting ass rape scene with the creepy ass neighbour

Edited by deathfire123

Hard to list all my memorable moments, it would take forever, so here are just some from the top of my head. Usually I am a sucker to insert songs, so if there is one of these in the game, it's almost granted that this will be my favorite scene.

Muv-luv Extra, Unlimited and Alternative (Is impossible to choose just one scene)

- When Takeru chooses Sumika at the end

- Epilogue of Unlimited

- The scene when Takeru return to the world with BETA with "Tsubasa" as insert song.

- When Extra Sumika tells Takeru that she will never forget him.

- When Sumika reveal all that happened when she was taken prisioner by the BETA (this scene is too strong for me, I think I will never be able to forget that despair)

G-senjou no Maou

- When Azai stand up to protect Tsubaki house

- When Maou finally reveal itself

- Epilogue (not really a surprise here, I know. Who doesn't like that Epilogue, especially considering the insert song)

Edelweiss (Not even close to the epicness of the other two, but it has it moments)

- The moment when Kasushi realized what he needed to do to bring Haruka back, that talk about mixing the male and female together was really a great analogy in this scene and that BGM (A world of solitude) was really great as well

Most memorable for me would have to be from Remember 11

Were Inubushi Keiko bashes that rat to death and calmly replies "its dead"

Most unexpected memorable moment though was probably Monster Girl Quest 2 at the end.

Were you have to choose whether to kill Alice or not

Never expected to care about the outcome of a game with reverse raping monster girls as a basis.

Most memorable for me would have to be from Remember 11

Were Inubushi Keiko bashes that rat to death and calmly replies "its dead"

hooooo, never expected there to be someone else who found that moment 'memorable' too! anyway another memorable Umineko from me:

[spoiler=umineko] epic battle is epic ('fake red shoes':

).... but in the end it was all just troll;)http://static.mangadrawing.net/users/admin/image/umineko_no_naku_koro_ni_-_beatrice_-_virgilia.5dc8686b16efc96d1a52e41bf3c31fb8-11833.jpg

Edited by radiantmadness

Memorable...huh?

[spoiler=True Love]

The memorable part is...when we must choose the girl we will end up, I choose the friend (a male) out of curiosity. Thinking that, there's no way this will be a gay ending, right? I was wrong.... Thankfully no additional CG, it will scared me for life.

[spoiler=Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia]

Apo recount his sex experience with his girlfriend (forgot her name). The CG just shows two wolves making love.... Added by Apo and his GF's voices go awoo-awoo. Seriously.... I can't make any expression.... I usually makes joke about this if my friends went crazy and over-lusting over girls. "What are you? An apple in heat?"

[spoiler=Kana Imouto]

The "snow ending". Ah, seriously. "It called miracle because it will not happen"? It called miracle because it happened when it should not, but why it must happened after Kana died?

When friends ask me to show the "Gate of the 2D World", I always give them this game. They usually come to me being melancholic after that...and ask for more games.

[spoiler=Yukizakura]

The English teacher's "do you want a cup of coffee" accent. Seriously. It hilarious. My friends and I used the accent every time one of us offer a drink.

[spoiler=Yume Miru Kusuri]

Date with Aeka and her ending. I dunno, my heart went fuwa-fuwa when I read the date event, thinking that, "ah, is this how it feels to dating a girl?" Even though I doubt every date will be like that. As for the ending, I like the BGM, it's simple and beautiful, and the CG, because of Aeka's smile.

Ahaha.... Well...the choice is just too memorable. It's my first eroge.... I was just a curious, naive child who wants to know everything he heard and saw.... And then.... BAM! Curiosity killed the boner. Thankfully, as my first game, True Love is good enough to make me a prisoner of 2D world. Even with that "accident". Just like the senpai in Yume Miru Kusuri said, "the first eroge experience is important."

I always fondly remember the neko in True Love.

The whole finding a cat out in the rain and having her turn into a girl thing was an awesome little story.

And it totally blindsided me when I first got it, because there was little way to predict it would happen.

I always fondly remember the neko in True Love.

The whole finding a cat out in the rain and having her turn into a girl thing was an awesome little story.

And it totally blindsided me when I first got it, because there was little way to predict it would happen.

Yea , Anze's route was pretty much the toughest to get IIRC , and the whole "Im an angel" twist was quite something back in the day though looking back in hindsight "Anze" kind of gave it away.