The Elder Scrolls Series

Ok guys I haven't seen a Elder Scrolls thread so I will start this one.Lets hear some Elder Scrolls stories and share some knowledge.

(This is all of my Elder Scrolls gaming career)

I played some of Elder Scrolls 3 put didn't beat it (But this was when I was 12 and didn't understand RPG's.But I'm going go back and to play it soon)

I beat Oblivion and got all the achievements (I loved Oblivion)

I have beat Skyrim (But I haven't got all the achievements yet)

Right know on Skyrim I'm playing on master my character is a Breton (Breton get 25% magic Resistance).i have Master Enchanting and Smithing so I an make the sweetest armor and weapons.I focused on Magic Resistance and One handed Effects so what ever you can enchant with those effects I did.My Magic Resistance is 125% If you add all of the %'s to gather but I think 85% is the highest % you can stack.

I like skyrim's map its ok and the story is only good for showing the elder scrolls lore but that's just my opinion.

I loved everything about Oblivion the story the missions all of it.

I love how random Bethesda's games can be (the guy how delivers letters in skyrim once show up only wearing shoes and a hat and gave me a letter) and (On fallout 3 a Ranger shows and just gives me a Nuke) and that is just the small scale random stuff Bethesda's games do.

Tip for Oblivion players: you can enchant water walking items to walk across the lakes of lava in oblivion then hop up the side of the mountain to skip a lot of fighting and walking when you close Oblivion Gates. ( I did that every time )

I would like to here from the people who played the whole series to hear about your opinions on the games and there stories.

Edited by Breakthrough

I solely "play" Skyrim to see how far I can push it with mods and graphical enhancements. The story is rubbish and the gameplay is only so-so, but with a good setup at least it looks stunning.

And then they release DLC that breaks all the mods, and you stop playing because you can't be arsed to sort out the mess.

Right now on Skyrim when i get to play it its on my Nord warrior. In the Throat of the World , born and raised , on Dragonsreach where i spent most of my days , chillin' out , maxin' , relaxin' all cool , and all shootin' some arrows outside of Jorrvaskr , when a couple of Stormcloaks who were up to no good , started makin' trouble on the neighborhood , i got in one little fight and Lydia just grinned , she said "Youre moving your ass to High Hrothgar , dovahkiin." . I whistled for a horse and when it came near it had two mammoths flanking it and 2 Frost Trolls in the rear , if anything i could say that this horse was lame , but i thought "nah forget it" , yo homes the Grey-Manes! I pulled up to Sovngarde around Loredas or Sundas , and i yelled to Alduin "Yo homes smell you later FUS ROH DAH" , looked at my kingdom i was finally there , to sit on my throne , as a dead Nord.

DEAD END

Ive played every Elder Scrolls game, but I only beat Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

Morrowind was my favorite, only thing is that it wasnt voiced except some parts, that bugged me.

Argonian and Imperial are master races, nuff said

Bretons are fine to

Edited by Yachi

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim so far and I only finished Oblivion's main quest line, too many side quests that are so much better than main story in my opinion. Still lost several hundred hours of my life though on all three, especially Skyrim training my dark elf Assassin. For Skyrim I had him specialize in daggers and using the bow and arrow and he could literally one shot everything, on default difficulty at least, pre-dawnguard with a dagger sneak attack once I got glass gear and I used his enchanting and smithing skills to max their stats.

As for Oblivion, I liked how they did everything as far as character progression better in Oblivion than in Skyrim. Skyrim was awesome in a lot of ways but they simplified a lot of the mechanics a little too much I thought and it took away from some of the strategy of making that "perfect" character, if you know what I mean. Oblivion wins out over Skyrim or Morrowind in my book by far though. Throw in a few mods to balance things out a bit and you've got a title that can easily sap hundreds of hours away from your life.

... especially Skyrim training my dark elf Assassin...

Could it be that you played a similar character in Oblivion and Morrowind as well? :D Just curious, since that's what I've been doing. Thief/Assassin in all three games, doing mainly the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storylines since they're always really great, pretty much. That said, I think I enjoyed them a bit more in Oblivion.

Skyrim had Cicero though, and I'm a big fan of evil clowns and other similar things...

Neeever did the main quests. Nope. Not in any of the three games.

Could it be that you played a similar character in Oblivion and Morrowind as well? Just curious, since that's what I've been doing. Thief/Assassin in all three games, doing mainly the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storylines since they're always really great, pretty much. That said, I think I enjoyed them a bit more in Oblivion.

Skyrim had Cicero though, and I'm a big fan of evil clowns and other similar things...

Yeah, you caught me on that one harle :o. lol I played an assassin type in all three too, I switch out the race depending on how I'm feeling though sometimes. I've never been one for the brute force approach or magic so it fits me pretty well. I loved the thief and assassin guild quests in both Oblivion and Skyrim, even though I liked Oblivion's thieves guild quests a bit more to be honest.

That's cool that you like Cicero too, most of my friends didn't like him but I thought he was a pretty interesting character personally, definitely more so than many others in the game. :)

I made sneaking charters before it's just to easy for my tastes.I just feel so distance from the game when I play as an assassin.

Elder Scroll needs to make some parts of the game imposable to play unless your a certain type of character. A warrior shouldn't be able to do assassins mission and the other way around.You shouldn't be able to be the master of every guild in one play through.

They need to go Mass Effect with the game choices to make it even more in-depth.Your Character from Oblivion screwing or helping your character in Skyrim because of the choices made in the last game.And how awesome would it be to find the grave of your hero from the last game and get the his armor.

Edited by Breakthrough

Man that would be pretty epic. I always found it odd that I could be an assassin but still do just fine in all of the other guilds. I can see the thieves guild but the mages guild being run by an assassin with only three or four spells is a little weird.

It would be pretty cool if your character could be reflected in some of the lore as well. For instance, if you found a book about the Oblivion Crisis while playing Skyrim it mentioned briefly about a shadowy assassin or mage that helped out. I'm not sure how that would pan out exactly with each game being so massive but a few nods to previous player characters would be awesome.