Question About Rewrite *Heavy Spoilers*

After finishing the Terra route yesterday I was left with some question unanswered and I hope to get them answered here. If you haven't finished the Terra route of rewrite, I suggest you leave right now because there will be heavy spoilers.

1. In the Moon route, how did Kotarou get on the moon and how did he bring the other heroines on the moon?

2. In the preview, who was the person that said youth was "Life's tightrope walk"?

3. Need confirmation: In the Terra route, what happened up to the point where he meets Kagari(Earth) happened in the normal route. This would explain why Akane, Yoshino, Nishikujou, Imamiya, and Esaka seem to know about him during the normal route. In the normal route he was injured and turned into a half-familiar who doesn't age and either Gaia or Guardian erased his memories of working in Guardian. In the Terra route nothing happened to him so it branched into another path.

4. What did Kagari(Moon) do to the Thesis that led to the change in #3?

5. How was the ending of Terra a good memory?

Edited by Whitetragedy
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, I just want to know that I'm just a normal human being...

Therefore, there's might be some flaws in my judgement...

So, an early apology from me should compensate that...

Now...

On to the questions you had in your mind...

1. Since Kotarou and Kagari are connected (mentioned in the Terra route), let's just assume wherever there's Kagari, Kotarou will be there...As for how Kotarou brought the five girls, I thought Kotarou used some of Kagari's theories and equations to bring them from the branch worlds...

2. Esaka-san, maybe? Or Luis? Anyway, just think of anyone that Kotarou knew in his life to say that deep meaning about 'Youth'...

WHAT IS YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg

3. Please specify your question...I'm sorry but I kinda confused on what you want to know...Do you want conformation about how Kotarou's fate in Terra route is different from the normal route? If you do, just think of the Terra route as another branch world from Kagari's newest theories and equations that has nothing to do with the other branch worlds...

4. She just using the footnotes Kotarou's been doodling at the side of the Thesis, to uncover the ways to safe the planet.

5. Well, I do think the conflict between Gaia and Guardian has ended seems to be a good memory for the Earth....

1. In the Moon route, how did Kotarou get on the moon and how did he bring the other heroines on the moon?

He used a space shuttle?! On a serious note, I also believe that both characters are somehow connected and this allows Kotarou to be at the same place as Kagari. As for the heroines, he often tries to read and understand the stuff Kagari's working with (those thesis) and so he also gains some magic power. I personally didn't like that summoning of the friends though.

2. In the preview, who was the person that said youth was "Life's tightrope walk"?

Sorry, no idea.

3. Need confirmation: In the Terra route, what happened up to the point where he meets Kagari(Earth) happened in the normal route. This would explain why Akane, Yoshino, Nishikujou, Imamiya, and Esaka seem to know about him during the normal route. In the normal route he was injured and turned into a half-familiar who doesn't age and either Gaia or Guardian erased his memories of working in Guardian. In the Terra route nothing happened to him so it branched into another path.

If you're choosing to kill Kagari in Terra (first encounter) then you'll end up getting a bad end. In this end you'll be nearly killed by Kagari, overkill!!!! Kotori will save your life (with Kagari's power) and after this you'll be hospitalized. Yep, there's your setting for the common route. If you're leaving her alone then you'll get the normal Terra end. So yeah, you're right.

I actually didn't get this point either but Kotarou did something and after this Kagari discoverd another shitload of paths. Sometimes you need the opinions and ideas of other people for solving problems duh.

In my eyes it's the human's ability to change the future if they're trying to. Kotarou tried everything he could to change the world and those are probably the memories Kagari needed.

I'm only answering question 5, since everyone else has already hit all the main points for the other questions. It's said early on that Kagari is looking for "good memories" to show the earth, but even she says she doesn't know what that means. Later on, it's shown that "good memories" would be proving that humanity can continue expanding long past when the earth's energy runs out. This is why the route is called "Terra", as in terraforming other planets.

Hey Yosh, I'm not saying that your idea is wrong but I doubt that terraforming has anything to do with those memories because Kagari is something like the spirit of the earth and she obviously wants that her planet is able to recover. And from your idea the people will go to another planet if the earth dies and that's something Kagari doesn't want. In my eyes Moon and Terra are just Key's cool names for the Moon and...you know...the earth and that both of them belong together. Anyway, don't take this comment too seriously because Rewrite is sometimes very vague when it comes to explainations.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since the last post, but if anyone cares anymore, i think i can add to this discussion:

> Kotarou is special. I'm not sure why or how, but they say stuff like that a lot. He's definitely connected to Kagari(s) in some way. He had memories in Moon of all the paths in the regular game, and he mentioned "converging" and stuff. I think maybe because he's special he somehow came from the combination off all the versions of himself in Kagari's theory. I think he got the power to bring the others from reading Kagari's theory and ascending to new levels of intelligence over and over again. It's probably something like creating familiars.

> No idea/don't really care. Maybe if I replay the opening I'll think about it again.

> In the normal routes, he was injured by Kagari when you make the choice to either kill or capture Kagari. I think the memory loss was part of being attacked by Kagari and turning into a half familiar rather than something Guardian or Gaia did, but it could have been one of them too.

> Kotarou's note in the theory was about wanting to see Kagari again. It was what he left behind of his love for her. She put his love for her into the theory and made it part of his being when he was brought to the new earth. That's why he makes all of the choices leading up to the moment they meet, and that's why he doesn't try to capture or kill her. That's also why he makes all the decisions he does from that point on.

> Kotarou's idea was to end the war between Gaia and Guardian because the "bad memories" were connected to war. Giving everyone the knowledge of how to use familiars and superpowers made everyone's lives shorter (so they use fewer resources because of shorter lives and they use their own life force as a resource instead of the planet's resources). I still don't completely understand the whole "good memories" thing because they never tell us what it means. Even Kagari doesn't know, so your question will never get a complete answer unless the writer decides to tell us or something.

Dan's answer

Hmm, this makes sense so thanks for your answer dan-chan. I finally understood that point of the game.

And that explanation was actually pretty obvious...stupid me...

Edited by OneManArmy

all this is just based on my opinions but..............................................................................................................................................

1. Aint Kotarou realised that he was brought over by Kagari in order to help her find the final "POSSIBILITY"???

check MOON ed again...

and its like Dan said...Kotarou recreated everyone else with the "LIFE CREATION THEORY" aka the AURORA

2. I believe its Kotarou himself...

after you read Terra..dont you felt there's a few part of Narration that nearly the same as the start of REWRITE??

3. Terra actually a whole new world which re-evolution have taken place after MOON incident...

which makes the EARTH actually starts the very same history again up to world's end...with addition of Final Possibility

4. its like what Dan said...

but with that very reason...Kotarou were connected to Kagari since he was born

this explains why Kotarou were so attracted to Kagari..

plus..i believe the 5 route actually happens in MOON..

since the theory of re-evolution at MOON failed and you finally entered MOON route...

each of the heroine routes actually ended with World destruction or Kagari's Death...thus leads to MOON

5. GOOD memories....

if you look at what Kotarou did at the last arc in REWRITE..

he stopped the wars at both ends...thus ending all conflicts unlike what happened in the 5 heroine's route

this makes human's worked together and strife for a better future...

that was..what his last will meant for

even though...Kotarou and Kagari knew that WORLD END is inevitable...

so all he could do is just that...and Kagari were happy that she finally found the GOOD memories..

but world destruction already start...

and..life starts again in MOON

Edited by ultimecea

To expand upon Dan's point with answer number 1. space filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (to prevent it from showing on activity stream)

The moon only had enough energy to create Kagari Moon and as she was effectively a sister to the Kagari Earth, she wanted to help when she discovered that the Earth was going to run out of the energy required to introduce re-evolution. So the moon either borrowed or stole the energy from the Earth. In doing so, she also took Kotarou, due to his connection to Kagari (of the earth) via one of her ribbons.

Edited by desi

Do I need to do this? filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The moon only had enough energy to create Kagari Moon and as she was effectively a sister to the Kagari Earth, she wanted to help when she discovered that the Earth was going to run out of the energy required to introduce re-evolution. So the moon either borrowed or stole the energy from the Earth. In doing so, she also took Kotarou, due to his connection to Kagari (of the earth) via one of her ribbons.

I think they said that

when the moon collided into the earth some of the energy went into it, so that's where Kagari Moon came from, and how they're connected. And that's why Kagari Moon "returned" the energy to the earth for one more re-evolution.

To expand upon Dan's point with answer number 1. space filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (to prevent it from showing on activity stream)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but...what bout re-evolution theory at MOON??

• 3 weeks later...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but...what bout re-evolution theory at MOON??

From what I've gathered from reading what everyone posted on this thread and my own memories of the game, I think that after countless re-evolution on Earth(Common route parallel worlds), Earth only has enough "aurora, life power?" for one more re-evolution. So it sends most of it's power to the moon in hopes that the highly intelligent Moon Kagari, a product of the "garden civilization", can find a solution. Kotarou appeared on the moon because of the connections he had with Earth Kagari in the Common routes. The other heroines who didn't have a deep connection with Earth Kagari only had somethings representing them appear on the moon.(Kotarou might have used these items to call his friends). The rest is what Dan said,

Kotarou's note in the theory was about wanting to see Kagari again. It was what he left behind of his love for her. She put his love for her into the theory and made it part of his being when he was brought to the new earth. That's why he makes all of the choices leading up to the moment they meet, and that's why he doesn't try to capture or kill her. That's also why he makes all the decisions he does from that point on.

After planning this out, Moon Kagari returned the aurora back to Earth for it's re-evolution with the changes implanted by Moon Kagari.