DmC: Devil May Cry

Just started off this game thanks to iLoveTsundere who told me about it. Anyone played it yet? What are your opinions of this?

I feel this game is great. I've never played a DMC title before, so this new retelling of the story with a new perspective landed just in the right time, because now I have a computer (laptop) that can run this game fully, and I get to play this from the beginning and avoid downloading and playing 4 titles.

I'm not saying the other titles weren't good, in fact, I haven't heard nothing bad from it, but you know.. I wanted to test my machine power :D

So here is a video

[spoiler=The first minutes of gameplay (with comments, not made by me)]

For those who don't know, DMC is a very popular series of games, which has had 4 releases: DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4. Now with this new DmC, Ninja Theory and Capcom decided to retell the story of the game with a different perspective (a Western one). The gameplay as far as I know is the same as the previous series, but now Dante can change between demon and angels weapon (Osiris and Arbiter). It's a hack and slash game, so be prepared for large hordes of monsters.

You also see a new fresh look for Dante (nope, you don't get a white haired guy, deal with it)

http://www.destructoid.com//ul/242417-header.jpg

Difficulty? It depends of you. At first you get 3 difficulty levels, but as you play it consecutively, you'll get more ass kicking difficulties, such as the "Dante Must DIE" difficulty (doesn't it sounds appealing?).

Any other info of the game will be up to you to discover, since I want to avoid any kind of spoiler for you(sorry if I made one already though).

This game is available for PS3, XBOX360 and for PC

For those who want to play it on PC, here is a torrent

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8062727/DmC_Devil_may_Cry-RELOADED

PS: This is my very first thread o.o so I'm sorry if its a little vague

I played DMC3 DMC4 and this new DMC so i can tell you a few things. First for people who never played DMC series. If you play this new DMC you lose NOTHING. This is a restart of series in order to make story and people ingame fresh and better for people not living in japan, Dante(main guy) is still awesome and so is a game, they did incredibly good job at restarting the series and everyone who doesnt dislike this kind of actionrpgs(hack and slash?) should play it. As for people who played previous games. Be prepared for way too easy difficulty, i took hardest lvl diff for start and it was easier than normal in DMC3(dont remember how it was in DMC4) thankfully after beating the game you unlock new difficulties( like always :p). Story is interesting and Dante even though he has a few changes is still a badass we all love. Otamegane after you finish this DMC its a good idea to play DMC3 and 4 they are a really good games( DMC3 is better :p) but be prepared for dying and redoing, its important to learn how to dodge(if you die few times in a row you can lower difficulty... but will you do that? ) And yes DMC3 is much harder than this new one, its normal for people to die few times in prologue if they are not used to series. Still storywise and fun overall if you liked new DMC and dont mind typical japanese stuff in their games(doubt you will if you are on this forum :p) you will LOVE DMC3 and 4.

TL; DR

New DMC is awesome and so are previous games, if you liked one of them you will like them all. Just be prepared for differences in difficulties(DMC3 being the hardest and most satysfing and new DMC being the easiest).

DMC2 is the hardest imo...

though..i cant remember the exact timeline..

but if im not wrong DMC3>DMC>DMC2>DMC4...

im not sure bout the latest timeline since i have no chance to play it

and yeah..DMC 3 is harder than DMC 4

Edited by ultimecea

DMC4 Hardest difficulty you got hit once and you died, that was a fucking bitch. I honestly dont like the new game though, I felt it was just...annoying and stupid

Also DMC4 only sucked because of teh unspeakable MC they made you play as thru half the game.

Edited by Yachi
DMC4 Hardest difficulty you got hit once and you died, that was a fucking bitch. I honestly dont like the new game though, I felt it was just...annoying and stupid

Also DMC4 only sucked because of teh unspeakable MC they made you play as thru half the game.

Its the weaker than Dante Must Die mode imo~~

since Heaven or Hell just like LVL99mode in KH~~

Those difficulties are in this DmC too. I've heard of DmC 2 being infamously hard, a friend of mine told em about it.. Maybe i should get his DMC for ps2 collection for a while.. I'm liking this game so far, but i still need to get a hold of a combo that suits me, and man avoiding is sort of complicated for me D:

Those difficulties are in this DmC too. I've heard of DmC 2 being infamously hard, a friend of mine told em about it.. Maybe i should get his DMC for ps2 collection for a while.. I'm liking this game so far, but i still need to get a hold of a combo that suits me, and man avoiding is sort of complicated for me D:

well...you should try older DMCs...

since Dante is there XD

and you can actually owned H&H with gunz~

Well the DMC franchise has been my favorite hack and slash games since well its so fast paced. The new DMC is great for people new and I actually reccomend that being the first DMC game you should play since it isnt a as difficult as the older ones. Now the story is something else. I personally dont like it but I forgive it since its a change of developers and the fact that one is eastern and the is western also gives it some leeway. The gameplay is pretty similar besides the fact it is a tad slower but i can still tell its DMC. This isnt perfect and when compared to the other DMC's (besides 2) Its not that good but stand alone its a very nice game that is worth your time.

• 1 year later...

i felt the game was too easy i remember the dmc games having crazy hack n slash fun and offering a good challenge especially with the dmc 3 bosses but dmc was just meh i didnt even have to try with the last bosses but still trying to put up big combos was fun

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120923082159/devilmaycry/images/1/12/Dante_dmc_2010.jpg

retarded , probably ass-raped metrosexual....waiting to suck sweaty cock in a police station

http://i.imgur.com/23Ll5.png