Visual Novels Translation Status [02/10/2013]

Relia was way better than any of Clannad's heroines.

i pity the one with no common sense~~

^ This is too funny I laugh so hard~~!!

But I agree! Relia >>>>Tomoyo At least unlike Clannad, Okasare Yuusha actually has romance. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Monster Girl too. :o Fuck Key, they should've put one in their VN! :

yeah..better in a sense of being top10 worst VN i ever read >.>

DUSTMANIA earned a 10 from me if i were to compares to Violated Hero >.>

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I don't think so. Chinese and Japanese have different usages of Kanji, learning the kanji meanings for one can make it harder to understand the other effectively. If the priority is to learn Jap, I should stay away from Chi atm.

but it works for me...

just that i need to improve on my pronunciation part...

but..at least i can understand daily jap conversational level

Funny fact;

Natsuzora no Perseus (minori's latest work) - 10th place in overall ranking, 20th (last) in scenario ranking & the 1st in ero-ranking.

Is not a funny fact, is a very scary fact! Minori, had a very great scenario, but a very bad ero. It hasn't gone very well for minori,and with this change, its seems like they are going on the right track on sales.... it seems they are going to convert in a nukige company... The future is dark :(

Natsuzora no Perseus has too many h-scenes, so it's no surprise there.

Yeah, I know, I meant this:

Is not a funny fact, is a very scary fact! Minori, had a very great scenario, but a very bad ero. It hasn't gone very well for minori,and with this change, its seems like they are going on the right track on sales.... it seems they are going to convert in a nukige company... The future is dark :(
Edited by Chipp12
I've talk about Minori and NnP too many times I'm not going to bother repeating the same thing anymore. And saying that Minori are going to become a nukige company (e.g. like Softhouse-Seal) is a bit too early.

True, is very early to say, but still is a possibility. Because, everytime there's a new data of Supipara and NnP its gives more reasons for minori. Yeah, things are not so simple...

I'll say in another way, just look at the quality of the images, NnP has very good quality but not as good as Ef, eden* and Supipara. So you'll see a decline in their quality, because their demand, has told them that they don't care about superb quality, just good quality.

P.S. I did a search, but I couldn't find about your comments in NnP and minori. Would you mind to give a link? Thanks

Well I agree about that one.

On the other hand it's quite possible that Supipara won't be continued...

I would be surprised if they continued, after all this the games that nearly took them to bankrupt.

Official announcement of a few things from MG MangaGamer Staff Blog » Blog Archive » Announcements from Katsucon

Nothing new there, sadly. I guess these 2 nukige will we slightly better then Boob Wars and April...so yay? Good news about Chou Dengeki Stryker, but that was known before as well :/ .

I wonder how were Otoboku's sales, since they're releasing the limited hard-copy. Maybe there's some slim hope for ~Futari no Elder~ .

A quality decline in NnP had something to do with budget, and we all know that they nearly went bankrupt. Pessimistic assumption is alright, but I think people should at least wait and see for their next title first. If they release another title, that is. And if it turns out to be shitty as well, then they can say, "Minori, the next Softhouse-Seal!!"

There are a few things that should be taken into consideration, but well, the simplest chain of thought for people would be "NnP is almost like a nukige and it sells really well. Therefore, every new VN from Minori will be a nukige-like." So yea, can't really blame them for being too hasty.

I couldn't find about your comments in NnP and minori. Would you mind to give a link?

I can give a short version instead.

>Released subpar all-ages VN.

>Doesn't sell well.

>released VN with a dozen of sex-scenes.

>profit!

Hrm, yea I guess that would do.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
New TL project - Hatsuyuki Sakura - Translation Project Announcement | Visual Novel Society

Also, the translator is currently accepting editors for that project.

Whoa, it's almost like he was waiting for the results of Getchu ranking! XD

subpar all-ages VN.

I haven't tried it yet but I believe that you're wrong here.

It's an all-age title, which in hindsight is a bad move. Very few companies can get away with an all-age visual novel and sell it for $100. Even successful titles have their sales negatively impacted: Type-Moon's Mahoutsukai no Yoru is only #5 on that top 50 list despite having the most hype. Key's Rewrite did all right, but it wasn't a 2011 bestseller. What's important is that those two titles are story-driven and are at least four times longer than SPPL Story #1. minori's offering doesn't have much of a story, and it's only about as long as ef - the first tale, which is disappointing given that SPPL was four years in the making. Otaku will sit through an ordinary slice-of-life school title... as long as there's a payoff of sex or drama at the end. ef had the whole feel of an epic from its opening movie and first scene, so people bought into it. SPPL? It's too bubbly for its own good.

Also

For those who need a recap, their first game in 2012, SPPL Story #1, flopped and nearly put minori out of business. Why did it flop? There are a number of reasons, but the main one is that it was all-ages. Unless it's a 100-hour epic like Clannad, all-age titles won't sell.

Their creditors gave them time to produce one more title. So they put in MONSTER BOOBS!

Better yet, MONSTER BOOBS on a LITTLE SISTER...

And THIRTEEN ERO SCENES in about 18000 text blocks. ef, tft and tlt combined, has nine ero scenes (including the near-ero scenes) in 40000 text blocks!

Well, apparently stuffing their game silly with ero worked, because NnP was the #1 selling title for December, and #4 for all of 2012!

Edited by Chipp12

^ I don't know what you're trying to correct with that NNL quotes, but if you were to read carefully, especially the third and fourth lines of the first NNL quote, that part just further proving that I'm actually right for calling Supipara "subpar".

Oh well, whatever.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
^ I don't know what you're trying to correct with that NNL quotes, but if you were to read carefully, especially the third and fourth lines of the first NNL quote, that part just further proving that I'm actually right for calling Supipara "subpar".

Oh well, whatever.

I was talking about the production values actually ^^;