Visual Novels Translation Status [04/28/2013]

Meh, I really wish I could read jap, but the lack of a trustworthy teaching source and lack of time really fuck me up.

At the moment I'm having a hard time at uni so the time I'd spend studying jap would be better off studying chemistry, really =/

Maybe around the end of the year I could start studying jap though.

You could easily 'obtain' a copy of Heisig's 'Remembering the Kanji' and learn, say, 5-15 characters a day. It only takes 10-15 minutes each day, and it's not overly stressful (I find it quite relaxing as it's a bit of a change of pace from biochemistry). Some of the meanings of the characters are a little outdated/misrepresented, mind you, but it's still probably the easiest way to learn the kanji (the methods employed effectively get them into your long term memory). Just use rikaikun for kanji definitions and Reviewing the Kanji for revision (Rikaikun is for chrome, by the way. I think it's called rikaichan in other browsers, but you'll have to find the correct version). Additionally, you might want to start by learning the two syllabaries that make up the language: hiragana and katakana. Again, just learn a few a day and work with it -- and have fun!

i need someone who can edit the game interface to english, and I(we) will take care the rest of translation .....

Are you part of a translation group or something? Regardless, good luck (I can't help with that, but I'm sure someone can).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm being off topic here, but check this out.

Baldr Sky.zip

It seems an anonymous translator is translating Baldr Sky.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture » Thread #10807649

These are his words from the readme:

"Well, partially because Futsuu refuses to officially announce that he has dropped baldr sky and partially because I have nothing better to do, I'm going to release small partial patches every week until he drops it or makes progress. I am not doing any quality control other than making sure I don't fuck something up to make it crash while trying to show text and I'm not putting very much effort into it right now. In fact, it's not completely consistent so far because I was having fun messing around with the furigana at the very beginning.

If I either somehow get through all of Rain's route doing this before any progress is made by Futsuu, I'm going to go back and put effort into making it much better than the barely above cudder level it is at the moment, and I will maybe continue, while actually taking it seriously, because Baldr Sky is one of my favorite Eroge and I would rather see this get attention than most of the shit that gets translated.

If you go super autism mode and want to fix things yourself, go ahead. Just do a google search for tools and it'll get you to the ones I downloaded.

Currently, this covers the first and the very beginning of the second Rain chapters.

To Use Patch:

Just replace the Script.pac that is in the directory for baldr sky dive1. I'm not entirely sure how dive2 accesses the dive1 scripts, since even though you can access the routes in it, the very beginning is slightly different, but don't expect for it to actually work with that. If through some hoodoo magic it does work, then cool, but I doubt that it will happen.

Also, Makoto is mine, so get your filthy hand off of her"

I'm quite happy about this. ;)

Though, I wish he would make/join a translation group.

You could easily 'obtain' a copy of Heisig's 'Remembering the Kanji' and learn, say, 5-15 characters a day. It only takes 10-15 minutes each day, and it's not overly stressful (I find it quite relaxing as it's a bit of a change of pace from biochemistry). Some of the meanings of the characters are a little outdated/misrepresented, mind you, but it's still probably the easiest way to learn the kanji (the methods employed effectively get them into your long term memory). Just use rikaikun for kanji definitions and Reviewing the Kanji for revision (Rikaikun is for chrome, by the way. I think it's called rikaichan in other browsers, but you'll have to find the correct version). Additionally, you might want to start by learning the two syllabaries that make up the language: hiragana and katakana. Again, just learn a few a day and work with it -- and have fun!

While that is a nice way to learn kanji, I would say that if you can't spare like 2 hours or more per day to study, it would take a really long time to "start getting somewhere".

nah...learning kanji is easy(for me)

others..is harder(or i should say that im lazy and no longer have interest to actually learn them)

but..it wont take long to master up to like 5000 common kanjis though

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/jenovalive/test1_zps631a339e.jpg

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/jenovalive/test2_zps275bd10f.jpg

i need someone who can edit the game interface to english, and I(we) will take care the rest of translation .....

this translation project hosted @kaorinusantara

greetings everyone

that screenshoot just a test for experiment

VNDB

Kaori Nusantara?? They are from Indonesia,Right??

Guest loppez

real? you think 10-15 minutes each day is good enough? yeah i think you will be able to read simple vn in about 5 years. knowing kanji with no useful compounds is useless. also don't forget vns are for young people so a lot of words are written in hiragana. you have to know hiragana and kanji for one word because you never know what they will use.

in short: if you want to understand vn (intermediate japanese), you have to spend little more than 10-15 minutes each day.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/jenovalive/test1_zps631a339e.jpg

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/jenovalive/test2_zps275bd10f.jpg

this translation project hosted @kaorinusantara

greetings everyone

that screenshoot just a test for experiment

VNDB

Try asking him. azuredream's profile

So now we know not 1 but both of Aroduc's secret projects. I guess trolling with the secrets just isn't funny anymore.

Although I guess neither of them being the one everyone expected is kinda funny.

So now we know not 1 but both of Aroduc's secret projects.

This is the third game actually. And he's also translating Seinarukana, so I guess he's working on 4 projects..

Wow, aroduc is working on seinarukana?How come it's not moving at all then?=(

Also, it's true that Aroduc got quite a bit of donations right out of the bat, but those donations are likely all from people who read his blog and shit, so it's like all guaranteed donations are already gone, from now on starts the real challenge to get donations.

Edited by Soren619

They don't really give regular updates on Jast works. And they just started translation from scratch in February. But he mentioned that he plans to finish the translation for it in 2 or 3 months, so I'd probably take his word for it.

real? you think 10-15 minutes each day is good enough? yeah i think you will be able to read simple vn in about 5 years. knowing kanji with no useful compounds is useless. also don't forget vns are for young people so a lot of words are written in hiragana. you have to know hiragana and kanji for one word because you never know what they will use.

in short: if you want to understand vn (intermediate japanese), you have to spend little more than 10-15 minutes each day.

I was suggesting to someone who is very busy over the next couple of months that you can learn a little bit over that time quite easily without too much commitment. Of course I'm not stupid enough to think that 10-15 minutes every day will result in proficiency over night. After you're not crazy-busy you can spend more time with the language, but doing anything, even if you're busy, is certainly better than nothing. In fact, learning a little bit while you're busy will give you a feel for the language without getting too caught up in it (then when you're free, spend 1-2+ hours on the language).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod