how to save in A PROFILE

Just in case you were actually serious which I'm hoping you're not (for your own sake):

[spoiler= A Profile]

I'm such an incredibly nice guy, so I'm going to teach you thoroughly on how to save/load in A Profile. Pay attention, because this step is very complicated and one wrong move could result in a crush, and your game will be unplayable after that, so you will have no other choice but to uninstall the game completely and install it again if you scew it up. Yeah, it's dangerous to tinker with, so be careful, okay. I'd already uninstalled the game months ago after completing it, so I jast kinda vaguely remember the process now. But never mind that, I firmly believe I could help you make it work properly, so trust me in this. Btw, Rizu is such an awesome imouto. She's so cute and adorable when she was sleeping. No doubt she's my favorite heroine in this VN. :p But that has nothing to do with your problem, so I should stop commenting about that. lol Still, Rizu is soooo kawaii~~ *cough* *cough* Alright, let us start. First, open the A Profile file at the location where you install it. Then, run the sonoyoko.exe (the one with A Profle icon.) After that, wait for the AkabeiSoft2 intro and the "notice" screen to finish playing. You should now see the menu screen, right? Move your mouse to the "New Game" button and left-click it. IIRC the game shall now start in NVL-style text box. Then, after the girls finish their lines, it will switch into ADV-style text box instead. Now this is the most crucial part, so read carefully. If you want to save, you've to take your mouse to the

http://i.imgur.com/A1wtE.jpg

tl:dr Just move your mouse to the bottom of the game screen. -.-

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
pfft, the last time i check there was no picture there.. xD

:rolleyes:

i do not understand why are you taking me for a fool ,i'm very disappointed and actually i do not understand all this ......

Jast in case you missed this part in my spoiler: Move your mouse to the bottom of the game screen. -.-

I know how you feel. I don't understand why it's so hard either. :(

first of all you should realize that not necessarily everybody here is a english mother-tongue so the most obvious thing for you, shouldn't be the same for everybody else , i should suggest to not be so offensive with people , the fact that i do not perfectly understand everything doesn't mean i'm so stupid , it should be the same for you to explain what i'm telling you in italian ....don't you ?

first of all you should realize that not necessarily everybody here is a english mother-tongue so the most obvious thing for you, shouldn't be the same for everybody else , i should suggest to not be so offensive with people , the fact that i do not perfectly understand everything doesn't mean i'm so stupid , it should be the same for you to explain what i'm telling you in italian ....don't you ?

People on this forum tend to be very aggressive when asked "stupid questions". It may sound harsh, but the question is indeed dumb. Not gonna make fun of you or anything, I'm a fellow non-english speaker normally (though I like English lol), but what makes these people mad is what you asked, you should have looked for it by clicking stuff, or anything. Wolf may had answered you, but what if he hadn't answered? You would had stayed without saving. Try to solve the "easy" stuff by yourself.

Anyways, for further help. In most of this games, saving option is at the bottom of the screen (bellow dialog box). In others they are in this position: right clicking the screen, in the top options (file, options, menu etc), pressing ESC (to open menu), and such.

the fact that i do not perfectly understand everything doesn't mean i'm so stupid , it should be the same for you to explain what i'm telling you in italian ....don't you ?

I never said you're stupid, so I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion on your own. As for the language, if I were to use my native language, it would have been like this place were being invaded by an alien, you now. And that's totally not the point in here.

first of all you should realize that not necessarily everybody here is a english mother-tongue so the most obvious thing for you, shouldn't be the same for everybody else , i should suggest to not be so offensive with people

This isn't about language barriers. This is about you who failed to notice the very obvious thing, but I shall digress. (No point dragging this one out any further.) I don't think I'm being that offensive, I might be extremely unpleasant and inconsiderate perhaps, but certainly not so offensive imo. I did not insult you or use any rude remarks, have I? Unless you can't tolerate scathing sarcasm, that is.

There are a lot of potential problems with VNs, but how to save is not one of them. If you have been using a personal computer for longer than a week, it's hard to understand how you can fail with that. A little tongue-in-cheek answer from Gerard is totally in the limit.

But the OP is not alone, my favourite noob-fail is: "How do I play, it's just a rar-file and it won't start."

Edited by Cross
not iso, I meant rar, which is even failier
This isn't about language barriers. This is about you who failed to notice the very obvious thing, but I shall digress.

Just wanted to inform you, you used the word "digress" incorrectly. It means something like "to go off-topic." The proper way to use it would be like if you were trying to tell someone how to save and then said "Btw, Rizu is such an awesome imouto. She's so cute and adorable when she was sleeping. No doubt she's my favorite heroine in this VN. :p But I digress."

Is the thread now about our funniest beginner mistakes?

Here's mine: When I started with VNs I always burned the iso to disks, because I feared that virtual drives are made by criminal hackers trying to hijack my system.

Oh lol. When I was playing a profile (like 1 year ago) I didn't know how to save either.

Same for me. Here's what I did (maybe it will help this guy):

1. Start up the game like Gerard said.

2. Follow his directions up until the part where it changes to ADV textboxes.

3. Play the game for a few hours.

4. Make all the right choices for the route you want to do first. *This step is very important!*

5. Continue until the end of the route without ever stopping or closing the game.

6. Get the ending you wanted.

7. Repeat as desired for other heroines.

Hope it helps :)

Here's the strategy I used.

4. Make all the right choices for the route you want to do first. *This step is very important!*

5. Continue until you're at the end of the route and get a crash

6. @!&%?!!

Help :(

Here's the strategy I used.

5. Continue until you're at the end of the route and get a crash

6. @!&%?!!

Help :(

When it crashes you just have to start all over from the beginning again. If it keeps crashing in the same place, that's because you're not trying hard enough.

When it crashes you just have to start all over from the beginning again. If it keeps crashing in the same place, that's because you're not trying hard enough.

But the game doesn't have a skip option for unread text, iirc this is. Anyway, I believe the thread author already got his answer so fuck you Dan, I may didn't try hard enough but getting a crash at the end of a route is just not fair. =(