Visual Novels Translation Status [07/28/2013]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheeta did not do everything from scratch. She took Edgars Scripts which were 30% completed and reworked then Just like we took EntertheWired which was 50% completed and reworked them. We tried to team up with her from the start and she declined. We will have a detailed list of whats been redone and whats still in the works. Everything that we have done, Yes was either reworked or done from scratch.

Just some additional info about Air that can be found on this site. I will post it here anyway:

PATCH NOTES for Release beta1

Translation 100% (60% new scripts, 40% old scripts)

-Original scripts were taken from EnterTheWired (about 50% of the whole game)

-Minagi route and Air Arc translated from scratch

-Kano route reworked

-Blanks in Misuzu route and Summer Arc filled in

-Editing in progress

Photoshoping 80%

-All in game text has been replaced.

-Menus and Options have been translated

Future work

-Completely rework the remaining old scripts – Misuzu route, Summer Arc, Main route.

-Complete all photoshop

-Editing, QC, debug

Next tentative release (beta2)

-CG Menu to be translated.

-rework Misuzu route and last day of Main route

Comments:

quizmasterdelux - July 31, 2013

Yes…Alot of people seem to be saying that were using machine translations. Let me assure you…Were not…While we are working off an project that did have some Machine translations. Those scripts in question were scrapped and redone by hand. Were calling this a beta patch cause were not done editing the existing scripts but as it is right now. The existing scripts are readable and if you want to check our quality just play the game yourself and see.

So much unproductive grieve... why so serious, fan-translators? Aren't you connected by the love for VNs? Shouldn't you be one big family, together with us pirates as your happy audience? Good luck to both projects, may the best translation win.

Ill be 100% honest with you guys. The 40% thats left. Isnt machine translated. It was done by hand like almost 10 years ago...Just saying. As for Bad mouthing them. Not my intent. Me an cow did this project as a personal project and nothing more. We will release a complete patch that contains 0 Machine translations and continue to work on the remaing 40% for ourselves. This has nothing to do with Sheetas group and I personally have nothing against her. I asked for her help she told me to stop. Simple as that. Just wait for the release guys. Im done witht his subject. Have a good day~

So much unproductive grieve... why so serious, fan-translators? Aren't you connected by the love for VNs? Shouldn't you be one big family, together with us pirates as your happy audience? Good luck to both projects, may the best translation win.

they never will so dont get your hopes up

really? hyping some posts just to make your life more interesting guys? leave it. they will release the patch and then you will be able to see quality. simple as that.

i kinda agree with the fail troll

Edited by udizzle

Giant In the Playground Games

"And that makes us all one big happy family? Screw that."

As I said, we'll see how it all plays out; if what Aozaki said is true and the translation is decent, then I'll be very happy indeed. It is sad that the different groups weren't able to come together to work on Air, but, then again, the real world is never that simple.

Just wondering how long did grisaia take to translate? if it was good enough to get two sequels im very much looking forward to the next two and from the description of the two it looks like the action picks up.

for the record I don't mind helping with translations after i get more studying in, I recently transferred to UCI so I haven't been able to study for about 6 months.

Edited by Solemncollector
Just wondering how long did grisaia take to translate?

The page for grisaia on the tlwiki says that it was created on the 15th of June 2012. It was probably already partially translated by then, so as a guess...maybe April or May of 2012? Somewhere around there seems about right, so about a year and a bit for the whole thing.

The other two games, however, are shorter; both of them combined are supposed to be only as long as or shorter than Kajitsu, so we should the next grisaia game translated rather quicker than Kajitsu. Hooray! All hail koestl!

As an interesting side note, apparently the whole grisaia series is longer (in terms of raw text) than all of umineko.

The page for grisaia on the tlwiki says that it was created on the 15th of June 2012. It was probably already partially translated by then, so as a guess...maybe April or May of 2012? Somewhere around there seems about right, so about a year and a bit for the whole thing.

The other two games, however, are shorter; both of them combined are supposed to be only as long as or shorter than Kajitsu, so we should the next grisaia game translated rather quicker than Kajitsu. Hooray! All hail koestl!

As an interesting side note, apparently the whole grisaia series is longer (in terms of raw text) than all of umineko.

oh really? interesting so far im enjoying it immensely with michiru being my favorite and then sachi. so far not much is happening aside from the one fight so far but im hoping that picks up in the next one though there are not many choices.

Mmmmm... more drama. Can't be helped anyways. Some people just want attention and take someone else's work.

Why can't aozaki just ask sheeta if they're willing to work together instead of hiding in the shadows and popping back to the VN community once he is done. I'm pretty sure aozaki is aware that sheeta is translating it.

As for the quality of translations, we'll just have to wait and see once it's out.

[spoiler=Grisaia choices extremely small spoiler/tip][Grisaia choices are basically asking you "Do you like this girl and want to start her route? Yes/No". If you choose "no" the story simply proceed to next girl. People that need a guide for this could use a serious lesson on "how to think independently", or at least something along those lines. Sachi is the only one that needs 3 confirmations before entering her route, yet I`m sure even a child could understand this.]

[spoiler=Grisaia choices extremely small spoiler/tip][Grisaia choices are basically asking you "Do you like this girl and want to start her route? Yes/No". If you choose "no" the story simply proceed to next girl. People that need a guide for this could use a serious lesson on "how to think independently", or at least something along those lines. Sachi is the only one that needs 3 confirmations before entering her route, yet I`m sure even a child could understand this.]

I usually pop open a guide right at the start that way i dont mess up anything on the way and it tosses me into the main route like some other vns ive played. I haven't gotten to any choices yet the problem is that it seems off when 4/5 choices are the same choice for each girl.

[spoiler=Grisaia Choices][it`s simple. To get on girl nr 5 route you need to reject previous 4 girls (one of them have 3 choices and unless you will answer positively on all of them you won`t get on her route) so that means 6 negative answers + 1 that don`t change anything (how they call Yuji) before the important positive choice. If you want to get on girl nr 4 route you need to reject previous 3 girls (one of them have 3 choices(...)) so that means 5 negative answers + 1(...) before the important positive one etc. Now you understand why "4/5 choices are the same choice for each girl"? Also there is one final choice near each girl route end that decides if you will get her bad or good ending. Simple saving and checking both options is the best way.]

It`s the same reason why using a guide for it is mostly pointless. As for me I`m always getting through my 1st play by choosing whatever I liked the most at that moment (it usually ends with bad end but it`s simply more fun that way ;p). Consulting the guide every time I`m faced with two options not only kills a part of the immersion, but also destroys a bit ability to think independently.

Edited by Erika Furudo
[spoiler=Grisaia Choices][it`s simple. To get on girl nr 5 route you need to reject previous 4 girls (one of them have 3 choices and unless you will answer positively on all of them you won`t get on her route) so that means 6 negative answers + 1 that don`t change anything (how they call Yuji) before the important positive choice. If you want to get on girl nr 4 route you need to reject previous 3 girls (one of them have 3 choices(...)) so that means 5 negative answers + 1(...) before the important positive one etc. Now you understand why "4/5 choices are the same choice for each girl"? Also there is one final choice near each girl route end that decides if you will get her bad or good ending. Simple saving and checking both options is the best way.]

It`s the same reason why using a guide for it is mostly pointless. As for me I`m always getting through my 1st play by choosing whatever I liked the most at that moment (it usually ends with bad end but it`s simply more fun that way ;p).

ohhhh so thats how this one works, there are different amounts of choices for each girl and it depends on when their "flag" comes up you just have to answer positively to that flag. alright. I was thinking like in hoshizora where you needed a chain of choices to get the girl you were trying for. Also damn that sachi trying to steal yuji from michiru with her adorableness. Michiru is still number 1. if i were to copy and paste a VN install onto my laptop would it work and have the saves? I kinda want to get my vns off my desktop and onto the laptop.

Edited by Solemncollector