Translation quality.

Heya.

Planing to start reading my next VN and thought i ask a bit about the translation quality of a couple of titles that are in the running. I looked around a bit, but didn't find a thread with any kind of comprehensive list of the tranlation quality of different titles, but if that exists i wouldn't mind a link :). So anyways, any knowledge about the translation on the following titles would be greatly appriciated:

Kanon

Clannad

Sharin no Kuni

Ever17

A Profile

Quartett!

Utawarerumono

Chaos;Head

Eien no Aselia

Kanon - no idea

Clannad - this title could use some serious editing and some more translation work, there`s a group that`s taking care of it, however they`re doing it very slowly.

Sharin no Kuni - good

Ever17 - good

A Profile - good

Quartett! - good

Utawarerumono - good

Chaos;Head - good

Eien no Aselia - good

By good I mean: I`ve played it and even if there are occasional typos and mistakes that`s not something that will hinder the fun you`re having with this title in any way.

I agree with Furo, Clannad's current translation is definitely not great and could need some editing. I've seen worse translation though. This reminds me, doesn't Doki work on re-translation patch? As for the rest, I didn't play Eien no Aselia (well I actually did but dropped it after 2hours because of its fighting system) but I can't remember that any of those titles had a bad translation with a lot of weird lines or typos. Maybe Ever17's translation was partially somewhat weak but I honestly can't remember anymore.

Heya.

Planing to start reading my next VN and thought i ask a bit about the translation quality of a couple of titles that are in the running. I looked around a bit, but didn't find a thread with any kind of comprehensive list of the tranlation quality of different titles, but if that exists i wouldn't mind a link :). So anyways, any knowledge about the translation on the following titles would be greatly appriciated:

Sharin no Kuni

A Profile

Utawarerumono

Translation Quality: I can't speak about the translation accuracy, so I'll just answer it based on the flow and such.

Sharin no Kuni - Good. Better than any other titles on the list imo.

A Profile - Decent. Too simple and stiff, so you lose some nuances. It was one of Ixrec earliest work.

Utawarerumono - Decent. The original Jap text itself isn't very elaborate, so this makes for a light narrative since the text never gets too dense, which is great.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I played the first four (Kanon, Clannad, Sharin no Kuni and Ever17). Kanon and sharin no kuni are fine, Clannad is a mixed bag (some is fine, other parts are a little shoddy) and Ever17 is ok with some minor issues.

In conclusion, don't worry too much; they're all perfectly readable.

This reminds me, doesn't Doki work on re-translation patch?

Yes, I think they're looking to go through and do some editing with some minor translations, but I have no idea as to when (maybe after LB EX?).

Thanks for all the replies people! A spelling mistake here and there i can suffer (im not a native english speaker myself so i'd probably miss most of them anyways), was mainly worried about the "flow" as Gerard the Lone Wolf put it. But i'll start with Sharin no Kuni then since it seemed high quality.