Visual Novels Translation Status [03/09/2014]

So, I'm sure there's probably a post somewhere explaining this that I didn't catch in my skimming of the rules, but how do we get games added to the feed? I'll be making a TL I've been working on public in ~35 days and so I'm trying to put feelers out on how to get things going.

Won't be able to host the game myself but I'll provide a patch.

Just tell me which game you are translating and provide a few screenshots as proof, and you could make a thread for your translation on the Eroge General Talk section and post your progress, or if you want I can create the thread for you, but give us proof first.

EDIT: Also, specify if you're using a MT (Machine Translation) or your own knowledge of japanese, or both.

Hey sorry if this is random but does anyone know what happened to majikoi? I know the situation was the original translators yand just disappeared from the face of the earth with their last post being jan of last year. Then Wairu Translation with Pun-kun stop updating as frequently for his Majikoi S / A projects and eliminating the chat boards that used to be there. Are both projects canceled now and is there any hopes of it getting started back up again?

Thanks for reading my brick of questions!

TakaJun (Original Majikoi translator) retired because of his real life responsibilities, so you can forget about him finishing it. But some people at Fuwanovel are trying to translate it.

And about Wairu TLs, no news from them since Dec 03, so they probably are busy with their lifes, or just got tired and dropped it, or something else, who knows.

Edited by Ryu
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! This VN is actually on my wishlist! T-This title has to be good!

Nice. One of the few projects picked up by nobodies in the last year or two that actually has hope.

Couldn't agree more and the game looks really delicious.

I'm not a fan of partials myself, but I'll admit that I was following this project solely for Chisato route.

Now that it's complete, I can go read it and then shelve it ;3

Partials are just pure evil. Why? 11eyes ... nuff said =(

Just tell me which game you are translating and provide a few screenshots as proof, and you could make a thread for your translation on the Eroge General Talk section and post your progress, or if you want I can create the thread for you, but give us proof first.

EDIT: Also, specify if you're using a MT (Machine Translation) or your own knowledge of japanese, or both.

Ok, I'll drop by the site when we go to announce things (in VNTS) and do that. The game's 71% complete of 28k lines and ~300k words, the announcement will include a patch for all but one of the girls (who will be finished a few months later). It's partially an announcement and partially us testing how this all works because it's our first contribution as a group. Also this way people can still play most of the game even if we get C&D'd.

It's not a Machine TL. But the TL is also effectively acting as TLC and Editor, so it's possible they made some mistakes and missed them.

Thanks~.

Partials are just pure evil. Why? 11eyes ... nuff said =(

i agree that still makes me cry. That said i'm happy to see shin koihime has a chance of translation. and that some good games have been making some progress. a little ad that a route was scrapped in Koiken Otome but they must have had a good reason so guess i'll just wait and see what happens

Edited by tokko1
Maybe in your dreams.

And that's the part that sucks so bad. I mean all the people who want this game, and still no one will translate. Why? Is it cursed or something? I mean shouldn't games who are rated godly or games who have won awards have higher priority?

^

All that doesn't matter much. Translators usually just pick up VNs they personally like and not what's high rated. Sure, if the game is rated high there's a bigger chance some translator will take it, but it all depends. Look at Baldr Sky. It's one of the highest rated VNs and you don't see translators fighting between each other to TL it.

I guess you can just hope for the best.

^

All that doesn't matter much. Translators usually just pick up VNs they personally like and not what's high rated. Sure, if the game is rated high there's a bigger chance some translator will take it, but it all depends. Look at Baldr Sky. It's one of the highest rated VNs and you don't see translators fighting between each other to TL it.

I guess you can just hope for the best.

Exactly and I wouldn't want those people to translate a visual novel they're not interested in. 11eyes won't get a translation, just face the truth.

11eyes won't get a translation, just face the truth.

Depends on how long you're willing to wait, I suppose. It might or might not be a motivating factor in denwatls forming, although it's certain not to be the first game TL'd.

[Edit]

Well, that was unexpected, given the last posts I made were sent to a 'moderator queue'.

Anyways, in regards to the earlier post I made, I'll be sure to stop by here when we make the announcement in VNTS. Project's currently at 72% complete of 28k lines and ~300k words. It's not a machine TL, but the TL is effectively acting as TLC and Editor, so it's possible they've missed some stuff. Another motivation for announcing it with 4 of 5 girls completed is to get feedback.

Edited by denwatls
Too bad that I'm not immortal.

Well you see, the TL made a (internal) list of games they're planning on TLing, and there's one particular entry which tends to catch the eye:

"11Eyes I AM FUCKING MITSUZU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER "

So, it's by no means an assurance, but the TL seems pretty motivated. If I had to guess, there will be a game TL'd in-between the release of the upcoming one and 11eyes, but it's definitely on the list.

Well you see, the TL made a (internal) list of games they're planning on TLing, and there's one particular entry which tends to catch the eye:

"11Eyes I AM FUCKING MITSUZU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER "

Is this true? because official announcement or not, this is fucking huge news.

*starts boiling OMA's shoes*

Is this true? because official announcement or not, this is fucking huge news.

*starts boiling OMA's shoes*

Well, the TL has specifically kept a copy of the game around for ~4 years now.

You go by the same name over at fuwa, correct? Remember how I mentioned that the current game we're working on is a kirikiri game? Know what engine 11eyes uses? The downside is that it's apparently got some sort if encryption that's been impeding tech support, but they're still working on it (hopefully).

Also, it's very likely that the aforementioned 'intermediate' game will be in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. Sound familiar? Like the TL might be practicing so their writing skills are up to par (because those genres often require skill well above a 'normal' writing level)?

The reason it's a matter of waiting is because the TL works on this in their spare time, which is after work. To give perspective the current game we're working on has been in process for almost a year now. The following game will likely be about as long (don't have good estimation tools yet). And then there's 11eyes itself, which is a bit of a beast.

As I said, it's not an assurance, but it's certainly on the list.

Edited by denwatls