Download Activation Code Question

Hi. I just joined a couple of days ago and I have a question. Sometimes when I go to download games from the list of translated games, I go extract the downloaded files and it asks me for a password to extract. What is this password? Thank you.

since when did the downloads from this site required/needed passwords... -_-

Mysteris, did you really downloaded from here???

^This.

Bit of history: Long, long time ago, releases I posted had password "erogedownload" and non-descriptive filenames to give filehosts a bit of plausible deniability - it was aroud the times when rapidshare was battling in court with IP owners over who is responsible over content shared - IP owners demanded that every file should be screened/reviewed before being allowed... Once the dust settled, i created new archives with no passwords and normal filenames - similar to ones you see today. There hasn't been a single passworded archive on erogedownload and erogegames frontpage/index since around 2010.

i created new archives with no passwords and normal filenames - similar to ones you see today. There hasn't been a single passworded archive on erogedownload and erogegames frontpage/index since around 2010.

I think I only discovered EG back in late 2010 or early 2011...

Ivan said it... downloads from here don't ask for freaking passwords...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If it was a wrong password nor rar or 7zip would let you extract at all, check the size of the files you have and compare it to the size of the original links to see if one of them is corrupted.

That game is kinda recent, I'm 100% sure it has not password.

Most likely incomplete download - 7zip is somehow unable to make distinction between passworded and corrupted archive. Try opening it in WinRAR and see what it says. Also, make sure that all filesizes are correct (all but last one should have the exact same size).

Oh, by the way - this thread is over two years old.