Visual Novels Translation Status [06/01/2014]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magical Marriage Lunatics!! translation project.

I don't spend much time in here or any VN/anime-related sites these days (except VNDB, a good place to release stress), so I don't know if this is old news, but seems like there's a new project(?) announced for Magical Marriage Lunatics!! VN.

The only catch is that it was a Moonstone title, and as we all know, Moonstone and MG have a partnership going on, with Princess Evangile and Imopara going to be released "soon." So, does a C&D from MG in the near future is likely possible to happen? :confused:

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
partial patch for Hara Min has been released by Onaji Sora no Shita De Translations, i can't find a download link (for the game) just yet so i can't comment on the quality.

Hara Min might be one of the weirdest announcements I've seen this year. Awesome.

I can't imagine MG will let the Magical Marriage translation go through. They have already translated a few Moonstone titles so they clearly have a good relationship with them.

Maybe it'll cause them to take up that title sooner than they planned though which given that it's not a Nukige is a plus in my book.

I liked LB enough to the point in wich I actually felt like re-reading it but decided to watch the anime instead...and I hate anime.

The anime ain't as good as the VN, but it was fun enough to distract myself from final exams and shit :p

People argue that the reason why they wait for EX/ME is so that they don't have to re-read everything, but personally I'll have no problem re-reading everything.

but personally I'll have no problem re-reading everything.

People say it's a total waste of time to read the same thing again because you won't enjoy it as much as during your first playtrough due to the fact that you already know what's going to happen but my second playthrough of ef fairy tale was more than just amazing and so I want to tell those people in a very polite way that they can fuck off but I can't find the right words at the moment and I've no idea what I wrote at the beginning of this painfully long sentence which makes me realize that I should probably end it right now.

partial patch for Hara Min has been released by Onaji Sora no Shita De Translations, i can't find a download link (for the game) just yet so i can't comment on the quality.

Anyone with more info on the partial patch dl?

People argue that the reason why they wait for EX/ME is so that they don't have to re-read everything, but personally I'll have no problem re-reading everything.

Not everyone has time. Some people just want to wait for the best version. Also, a lot of people that are waiting are also in the club of "We have a lot of VN's available to read because we haven't read every single thing out yet so it doesn't matter if we wait since we have a shitload of things to do to" club.

Not everyone has time. Some people just want to wait for the best version. Also, a lot of people that are waiting are also in the club of "We have a lot of VN's available to read because we haven't read every single thing out yet so it doesn't matter if we wait since we have a shitload of things to do to" club.

So you never re-played a game before?Saying that you don't wanna replay something because you don't have time, the way I see it, that is the same as saying that it's literally a waste of time.

In this day and age saying that you "don't have time" is really just an excuse, mainly because nobody has time, me, you, everyone, really.When you really wanna do something you find time for it, even if you have to take it out of your ass.My university keeps me busy all day long and yet I can still find some time to play a game or two or shit like that.Sure, I sleep 4 hours every day but hey, I don't wanna live every day studying only, I'd rather sacrifice some sleep for it.

And hey, no problem.You wanna keep waiting for a better version?That's cool, that'll mean you spend less time, yeah.But that's kinda like a capcom fighting game you know.You don't buy the first version cause you know there are gonna be 4 newer versions, but that just means you're gonna wait that much longer to enjoy said game.

We all have your priorities, if you wanna watch anime and read other VNs instead, that's fine, if you prefer doing that it's cool.I'm just saying that waiting 4 - 5 years for a slightly better version of a game that may or may not be released (since VN trans groups might die at any time, even the most "trustworthy" groups out there"), seems like a waste to me.

Saying that you don't wanna replay something because you don't have time, the way I see it, that is the same as saying that it's literally a waste of time.

It is a fucking waste of time, unless you really REALLY like the game/vn. Then it has replay value for you. I don't know whether I will like LB story or not, or whether it is good enough to warrant a 2nd or even 3rd re-reading, but the point is, I personally rather read the more "complete version" on my first reading than the current version.

But that's kinda like a capcom fighting game you know.You don't buy the first version cause you know there are gonna be 4 newer versions, but that just means you're gonna wait that much longer to enjoy said game.

I believe it's more like DLC. What can I say, I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs+all DLC version and The Walking Dead+400 days DLC~.

When you really wanna do something you find time for it, even if you have to take it out of your ass.My university keeps me busy all day long and yet I can still find some time to play a game or two or shit like that.Sure, I sleep 4 hours every day but hey, I don't wanna live every day studying only, I'd rather sacrifice some sleep for it.

I'm just saying that waiting 4 - 5 years for a slightly better version of a game that may or may not be released (since VN trans groups might die at any time, even the most "trustworthy" groups out there"), seems like a waste to me.

Good, keep telling people that they should be a better person like you.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Sleeping is for old men, seriously, you sleep 8 hours a day and that means you're gonna spend 1/3 of your life sleeping.

I'm just saying ,if you really like sleeping that much go ahead, but sleeping is more of a waste of time than actually playing shit even though that's a waste of time as well.

Didnt little busters had an option for people who alredy play the game, saying that you know the truth of the world whe you start a new game.

also for this cases Ctrl is your friend

Sleeping is for old men, seriously, you sleep 8 hours a day and that means you're gonna spend 1/3 of your life sleeping.

I'm just saying ,if you really like sleeping that much go ahead, but sleeping is more of a waste of time than actually playing shit even though that's a waste of time as well.

There's actually surprisingly little research due to the sheer length of time long-term studies; that said, it seems to vary a bit per person. Having a polyphasic sleep cycle definitely can improve efficiency of sleep, and sleep deprivation can also decrease the amount of time needed to sleep, although not as much. Conclusion, though, is people could probably get away with less sleep than they usually do, but it can depend, and it takes a bit of devotion and time to adapt to less sleep. Anywhere from 5-6ish hours wouldn't be too difficult to achieve, and with crazy polyphasic sleep cycles (like several people who slept for 15 minutes every 4 hours, for a total of only 1.5 hours sleep!), you could have insanely high efficiency. Personally, I stick to about 6 by taking a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, and then sleeping 4 hours at night... but anyway.

Back onto some semblance of a topic, I will have no trouble at all reading little busters again. In fact, I may even enjoy reading it more since I'll know what happens... which sounds a little counter-intuitive at first, but even though I'll know the plot twists, I'll be able to recognise important points that I may have otherwise missed in my first reading. That was really important to my enjoyment of higurashi, actually. Having watched the Higurashi anime, for instance, actually made me more engrossed in the visual novel because I could pick up on subtle hints and see what was happening from a completely different perspective.

Also, it's been a while since I read little busters, so I'll probably find the jokes funny again, and the extra content'll be pretty great. So yay.

Whenever it's actually translated that is...

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

There is, but in that mode all it does is unlock the new routes / material, this means that you would lose the few new lines of text along the game, or at least that's what I remember people saying when this subject had been discussed previously.

There are probably one or two new events because of Saya, but most of the game is pretty much the same, on the individual routes what changed is most likely the addition of h-scenes only.

EDIT: Chocolatemilk god : That's more or less what I do, I sleep while I'm in the bus on my way to uni because it's a long trip, takes like 1 hour and a half to get to the boat I need to catch before I get there.Better than doing nothing while waiting to get there.

Also, Higurashi would be nice to reread, but I admit that i dont have the courage to because it's long as fuck lol

Edited by Soren619

Oh god when did this turn into a debate over the health-related benefits of sleep?

On a different note, I'm leaning more towards watching anime since I'm way behind on that. Question: Is it worth continuing on with Fairy Tail 2014? I finished the first 175 episodes and was fairly happy with where it left off.