Official F/SN UBW Anime Discussion Thread

Well, that was pretty straightforward. Not much to say. It's... how it happens in the VN. It's remarkable isn't it? How often do you get shows where they take exactly as much time as necessary? But yes,

[spoiler=Fate/Zero/F/SN] Another thing that might make it pretty.. or REALLY obvious, is the fact that the church is dark and creepy. In the VN, it's bright and he's just like a normal priest.. this just gives it away.. I mean, it's not a HUGE twist, but still

there's a difference in how certain scenes end up looking and sounding compared to the VN. Like this one.

[spoiler=F/SN]And personally I really liked the lit up scenery with that slightly ominous Church on the Hill playing in the background. So if I had to choose one of the two then I'd go with the VN style in this case. But whatever, this is fine too.

And I didn't expect that kind of music tune to play when they zoomed in on Illya and Berserker. A bit surprising, but it was cool and appropriate I think. "Big Bad Berserker, you should be worried"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Yeah, I agree with the music haha.

Also, a cool throwback to the Fate/Zero scene that I didn't notice at first [spoiler=minor F/Z spoilers] http://i.imgur.com/9yMZGKj.gif

you`re right desi...I had a feeling I`ve seen that before,but now I know where I`ve seen it xD.

Wow, they are really changing the storyline compared to VN. It's not a bad thing at all, but didn't they

reveal Gilgamesh a bit too early?

Well, it doesn't really matter as long as they keep making more episodes that have such epic fighting scenes

And btw, why [spoiler=F/SN and F/Z] is there a magic circle in the shed of Shirou's house? Yes, I know that Kiritsugu lived there, but he summoned Saber in the Einzbern's castle, so it can't be the same. Does anyone remember if that was ever explained?

Well concerning the blonde Foreigner in this episode,as he was already in the prologue it`s not like he was revealed to earlyBut I liked that scene. The scene with Illya fighting Rin was also nice,it showed pretty much how strong a Master Illya really is,also nice refrence to F/Z.So both anime Original scenes were pretty nice for me.

All in all I absolutely love this Episode from the OST,to the extra scenes,to the fights.

AND those fight scenes,those Motherfucking Awesome fight scenes,they really show how big Ufotable`s Budget is,namely UNLIMITED xD.

Also that Galadbolg II

http://puu.sh/cqk3l.jpg[/center]</p><p>

[spoiler=VN]That smirk is so good in every regard,showing his real Intentions to also hit his Emiya and OMG I just love it

And btw, why [spoiler=F/SN and F/Z] is there a magic circle in the shed of Shirou's house? Yes, I know that Kiritsugu lived there, but he summoned Saber in the Einzbern's castle, so it can't be the same. Does anyone remember if that was ever explained?

[spoiler=Fate/Zero] Pretty sure Irisviel and Saber drew the circle 10 years earlier in the events of Zero

Another awesome episode.. while the other episodes pretty much followed scene by scene, this one had more original content.. not that it's bad or anything, it seems to be working mostly fine so far.

Well concerning the blonde Foreigner in this episode,as he was already in the prologue it`s not like he was revealed to early.

True,

but this scene proved that he is an important person and somehow connected with Kotomine WAY earlier than how it was in VN.

Thats taken common knowloge now since most people waching this alredy saw Fate/Zero and know that Kotomine is Gilgamesh master, so its not a spoiler.

Another reference to Zero could be how saver was a little frustrated when she saw Illya and made the conection between her and Irisviel or in Ep.2 when Kotomine tightens his fists when he talks about the Master that put his hands in the 4th war.

And the circle

was made by Irisviel to prepare for when her functions as a human get turn off so she can become the grail.

Actually NO. The series is to be seen as a standalone and everything concerning Fate/Zero should be seen as NOT be known. Of course there are refrences here and there you get when you know that stuff,but no knowledge should be required. SO it may be a bit early to show that they both are connected,but we don`t know how yet and if it really is important.

Epic shit. But I didn't expect less anyway.

I did like that new scene with Rin and Illya. It was a good addition. Makes it feel a bit more connected, which isn't really a bad thing. It's not like it took away from anything else super important, as far as I know. We just get more stuff basically.

Obviously besides nude Illya in the beginning, my favorite scene in this episode is probably Mitsuzuri talking with Shirou and him having a flashback. I definitely know the Illya scene wasn't in the VN, but the second scene I described, I don't exactly recall if it was there or not, but it was a nice touch.

Haha, as far as remembering what scenes the VN had or didn't have, I'm also quite lost at this point. I mean that scene with Rin destroying those bone familiars for example... did that happen in the VN? I don't remember it at least. Especially not anything about a big bone familiar. Whatever, it was excellent as usual. It feels like I'm actually getting everything that's necessary with this adaptation. Pure bliss, basically. You can just watch one of these episodes without having to worry that it's going to fail horribly somehow.

Nicely paced Episode for me,lot`s of Win moments,from Illya Scene at the beginning, jealous Sakura,Ayako Scene with Shirou Flashbacks,to Rin`s scenes at the End. My hopes that this will stay High quality are getting more and more confirmed:

http://i.imgur.com/g256ESH.jpg[/center]</p><p>

@Harle yes it`s mentioned that Rin fights "Golems" in the VN, but I don`t remember how they were described,so the look may be liberties on Ufotable`s part, albeit nice.

Edited by Alfadios
Haha, as far as remembering what scenes the VN had or didn't have, I'm also quite lost at this point. I mean that scene with Rin destroying those bone familiars for example... did that happen in the VN? I don't remember it at least. Especially not anything about a big bone familiar.

There was a scene (text only) where Rin and Archer went to an office building and found collapsed people. There may have been a few lines about the bone warriors as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Loved the preview of the next episode. I can't believe those chess pieces could contain that much information about everything :rolleyes:

Edited by Mishagal

There was an off-hand comment about how rin had to figth several familiars in the office building, but no figthing scene

Obviously besides nude Illya in the beginning, my favorite scene in this episode is probably Mitsuzuri talking with Shirou and him having a flashback. I definitely know the Illya scene wasn't in the VN, but the second scene I described, I don't exactly recall if it was there or not, but it was a nice touch.

Mitsuzuri scene was in the vn, after she says how shiro didnt laugh at her jokes in the camp shiro comments about how she made rice to everyone in the club and that Mitsuzuri was good at making food in bulk while he could do small but elaborate dishes (shiro likes to derail every conversation to cooking). I think there was also a little from ataraxia there

I know you can probably put a million different comparison pictures of UBW deen vs UBW ufotable, but this was pretty funny

http://i.imgur.com/HGdR0Pw.gif?1

http://i.imgur.com/Vg1qQrV.gif

Different tone, style, and everything.

Also, Rider

• 2 weeks later...

I've been re-reading FSN (with the Realta nua patch from BL - the new music is meh sometimes) for the first time in afew years - man, i've forgotten just how much of a derp Shirou is, lol~ What episode are they on now? Been holding off on watching the series until its fully out.