Official F/SN UBW Anime Discussion Thread

We haven't had an anime discussion thread around here for a long time... so why not start again with one that people have been looking forward to for years.. HYPE. The FIRST F/SN anime adaption! THE FIRST!

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works by Ufotable

http://i.imgur.com/UryYMOR.jpg

After this post, there could possibly be unmarked spoilers and such, so obviously do not read if you haven't watched the episode. If you are describing VN spoilers that the episodes have not covered yet, just mark them in spoiler boxes.

Edited by desi
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Besides the godly animation and such, what I like the most is that it feels like they're taking their sweet time with it (which makes you wonder just how many episodes it's going to have). It felt like the VN, to a certain degree at least. That's a very good thing. It was very easy to "settle in" because of it. Helps of course that this first episode was extra long.

Lancer... I kinda missed him to be honest, lol. I like this Lancer a whole lot more than the one in F/Z.

Well, I guess I miss(ed) most of the characters in FSN though. There's many, many left that still needs to be introduced. Like REJOICE, Emiya Shirou.

Soo after seeing it again in all it`s glory,I have to say All Hail to mighty Studio Ufotable. This show looks so fucking fucking good and with Zankyou no Terror last season,which looked amazing this even tops it by a good chunk. Well enough fantasizing about the animation. As Harle said I like that they made it slow and really close to the original ,but I expected that from Ufotable to some degree. I also liked how they used some Fate/zero tracks for the music and hope there will be more godly music(hoping for Epic Emiya Remix) The Opening was okay,though I have to hear it a few more times to actually judge that. Now with next weeks Episode also being 1 hour long, let us all REJOICE and see how the rest will be.

What an excellent episode. They pretty much adapted the prologue scene for scene. It was really nice seeing some characters again like harle said.. really missed Lancer :p The fight scene between Archer and Lancer in the VN is probably the first scene in the VN when I knew it was going to be a really good read. Rin is my favorite out of the main trio, so I thought she had some funny moments as well.

Holy shit, one thing that obviously the VN couldn't show..

[spoiler=VN spoilers/foreshadowing] If you still have the episode downloaded, at approx 38:37 Archer mumbles "trace on" to recreate his swords.. HOLY SHIT

Holy shit, one thing that obviously the VN couldn't show..

[spoiler=VN spoilers/foreshadowing] If you still have the episode downloaded, at approx 38:37 Archer mumbles "trace on" to recreate his swords.. HOLY SHIT

You're right, there are some hints and details that are either not present in the VN (like the one you mentioned), or, they're more hidden in the VN. Though it's been a while so it's hard to remember all the little details. Anyway, some might not see it as a positive change, but I think it's cool.

Also after browsing through MAL forums a bit and confirming it myself,it seems that they cut a scene out of the tv-release contrary to the cinema pre-screening, namely being Rin and Archer visiting the burning field location and discussing the great fire and reality Marbles there. Should be in the BD later hopefuly. With that being said I hope that there won`t be much else scenes that are ommitted in the tv release...

Also after browsing through MAL forums a bit and confirming it myself,it seems that they cut a scene out of the tv-release contrary to the cinema pre-screening, namely being Rin and Archer visiting the burning field location and discussing the great fire and reality Marbles there. Should be in the BD later hopefuly. With that being said I hope that there won`t be much else scenes that are ommitted in the tv release...

Yep. And that's pretty much the only negative that could be said for the first episode (assuming you didn't watch the pre-screening). But it won't even be that once the BD releases and everyone ends up watching that instead. Don't see a reason why they would only show that scene in the pre-screening and nowhere else, so it gotta be in the BD at least. It's actually a pretty good and informative scene if I remember correctly from the VN... but the kind of information that scene tells you shows up elsewhere in future scenes as well I think, so it should be fine.

I don't think scenes will be omitted in the later episodes since those will at least be of standard episode length. And no pre-screening involved with them either.

Edited by Harlequin

Still feel abit crestfallen that UBW is the new series and not Heavens Feel. Heavens Feel getting shoved into a movie is going to end up like the old UBW movie, completely glossed over and basically a highlights reel. =/

Don't get me wrong, Rin is my no.1 waifu in the F/SN universe - It's just UBW has already been done (albiet poorly). That and Fate/Zero totally convinced me it would lead into Heavens Feel.

Still feel abit crestfallen that UBW is the new series and not Heavens Feel. Heavens Feel getting shoved into a movie is going to end up like the old UBW movie, completely glossed over and basically a highlights reel. =/

Don't get me wrong, Rin is my no.1 waifu in the F/SN universe - It's just UBW has already been done (albiet poorly). That and Fate/Zero totally convinced me it would lead into Heavens Feel.

Ufotable doesn't seem the type to do that to a type-moon work... my bet is we have a series of Heavens Feel movies like the Kara no Kyoukai movies.. except probably not as many. Even if it's just a single movie, i'm sure they'll make it as best as they can.

You don't have to worry about that because HF is (almost) certainly getting more than just one movie. I mean it doesn't make sense that it would only get one anyway. Why would ufotable make a clearly solid adaptation for UBW but then decide to get one movie for HF, which wouldn't be enough?`No they wouldn't I don't think. They're already familiar with the several movie-style format thanks to KnK too, so it wouldn't be something new to them. At the moment on MAL it says that HF is 1 movie, but that's because ufotable hasn't said anything about how many movies there'll be yet.

But yes we'll have to wait quite a long time until HF comes out. I want to see that the most but what can you do.

(Ep01)

Did not disappoint. Again, staying on point with the VN (is that the right way to put it? whatever). I mean, how much even needs to be said? It was great. Exactly as it should be, in my opinion. The early "calm" parts are pretty much exactly what you get in the VN. Same with the later parts really... same kind of pacing. I bet SOME unimportant scenes were skipped, but that's to be expected. To be honest I think I like seeng these slice of life scenes animated more than I did reading them. Specifically the ones that take place at Emiya's house. Hmm... yea, maybe ... well it was good whatever the case.

The Gae Bolg noble phantasm looked beautiful and awesome animated. Great fight in general.

Oh yea, actually got the OP and ED this time. They were both nice. Some sweet, sweet teasers in the OP of things to come.

[spoiler=F/SN]As short as it may have been, Illya's first appearance here was amazing. I love that "slightly" sinister nature of her. I believe the next episode will have both her and Berserker, so I'm looking forward to that.

Now to wait another week for episode 2. Fuck me............................

Edited by Harlequin

Time will tell I soppose (regarding HF) - setting aside my complaints, I admit I am looking forward to UBW having a "proper" telling of the tale.

Lol, my only dislike for UBW stems from something really weird - I have a strong dislike of Archer, and the closeness Rin and him share; it never really feels like a "Rin and Shirou" story, and is rather more of some weird triangle instead. :p

Lol, my only dislike for UBW stems from something really weird - I have a strong dislike of Archer, and the closeness Rin and him share

Yeah, that is pretty weird :p I actually like that part.

Anyway, obviously another great episode.. well guys, we can't be too spoiled by these 50 minute episodes anymore. Obviously i'm sure they'll keep up the quality.. next episode sounds like some Kotomine explanations.. can't wait!

Have to say though [spoiler=VN spoilers] The show does give you more hints on certain things.. like the pendant foreshadowing and Sakura's mark. IIRC, in the VN it was harder to make a conclusion on these things.. I believe there wasn't a CG for her mark, and the pendant scene in the VN was Shirou trying to clean up to hide the evidence. Again, not bad things or anything... or maybe it's just because we've read the VN that it's more obvious.

Edited by desi
[spoiler=VN spoilers] The show does give you more hints on certain things.. like the pendant foreshadowing and Sakura's mark. IIRC, in the VN it was harder to make a conclusion on these things.. I believe there wasn't a CG for her mark, and the pendant scene in the VN was Shirou trying to clean up to hide the evidence. Again, not bad things or anything... or maybe it's just because we've read the VN that it's more obvious.

[spoiler=F/SN VN] Yea I'm pretty sure it's more clear here than in the VN. Now there's been several hints in just two episodes. I mean the pendant scene is really damn obvious to be honest. It's just easier to notice it all when it's animated and when there's less details to take in overall... and it does get more focus than in the VN, yea. Either that or I'm just remembering wrong. Either way, I'm pretty sure I would've noticed it here in the anime even if I was completely new to the series. "Shirou picks up the pendant Rin left there... ... but... wait... Archer is the one who gave back the pendant to her in the prologue - an empty pendant at that..." HOWEVER, would someone normally come to the conclusion that Archer is somehow the future Emiya Shirou, etc. etc. from that? Maybe not. It's probably too early in the story in general for someone to come to that wild of a conclusion. It's not like they would be able to explain it properly in any way. It's simply too weird. Well, whatever. I don't mind.

UTW is now doing this show.. if you can wait.

Depends entirely on just how long they take with each episode. One day? Okay, I can wait for that I think. Two days?........... maybe. Three days? Nope.

Depends entirely on just how long they take with each episode. One day? Okay, I can wait for that I think. Two days?........... maybe. Three days? Nope.

Tbh as much as I`d like quality subs...I can`t even wait for 1 day...too much HYPE. But I will later get it from UTW for storage^^

So our Luxus of 1 hour episodes has ended and we get only normal episodes now. Is that a reason to be sad,well yes,but it`S still top quality. This episode was quite Dialogue heavy,introduces our all beloved Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei. Pacing wise it was really good and think again close to the VN(it slowly gets a bit difficult to track in my mind...). Also that cliffhanger

Really nice Episode 5/5

http://i.imgur.com/sXhJNAl.jpg

I swear, they better keep his roar.

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/5rxAi3z.jpg

EDIT: [spoiler=Fate/Zero/F/SN] Another thing that might make it pretty.. or REALLY obvious, is the fact that the church is dark and creepy. In the VN, it's bright and he's just like a normal priest.. this just gives it away.. I mean, it's not a HUGE twist, but still

Edited by desi