1. 1. What's your favorite character?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • I don't know anything about My Little Pony

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering: Why is there a My Little Pony thread on an eroge forum?!?

Well let me tell you. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a show that debuted in October 2010 and steadily gained an internet cult following for the following reasons:

1. Animation. The animation is pretty top-notch. If you don't believe me, watch a couple episodes from cartoon network. Notice how the faces are "fixed" at a certain angle not looking straight into the camera. Lazy animation. With My Little Pony you get incredibly detailed animation and a full range of 3d motion despite the true 2d animation. The faces of the ponies are also extremely varied, and make a host of expressions, different in form for each pony(see: Applejack's cute little nose)

2. The characters. The characters in My Little Pony are not static. They evolve and grow as individuals. They are actually interesting and are able to surprise the viewers in every episode because they act like REAL PEOPLE.

3. The story. Lauren Faust(producer of MLP, you may remember her from The Powerpuff Girls) put an immense amount of effort into ensuring that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was not all about tea parties or rainbows. There are real conflicts(In one episode the ponies have to try to convince a dragon to take his century-long nap elsewhere, and in another they completely fail to listen to each other and end up infesting the town with host of flying parasites). These only serve to define the characters better, and they really succeed in drawing the viewer in.

4. Humor. The show succeeds in really being funny. The staff and writers are obviously pretty skilled in writing and the voice actors are equally skilled in execution. Overall the line execution rivals that of most anime.

So what are you waiting for? I left links to the first two episodes below, I'd highly recommend starting there. If you search on youtube you can find most of the episodes, and it couldn't hurt you to at least try a few, right?

The first two episodes(HD)

Episode 1

Episode 2

The latest episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bt4Idcur0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]777[/ATTACH]

Edited by SaruDa

hehehe, haven't seen the show (except for a lot of pics on memebase) but I don't think it's something out of the world to like the show, nor something to be hateful about. In escense it's al about the characters, the situations and the "moe factor", it's the same as loving anime for the cute girls... or at least that's what I can read from my perspective.

So, a brohoof to all the bronys of the world!;)