Visual Novels Translation Status [02/22/2015]

JAST USA — Kana Okaeri – Out Now! Get ready for the feels!...

( JAST USA - Visual Novels in English )

Looks like Kana Okaeri (The re-release of Kana Little Sister with updated CG) was released on the 23rd.

(JastUSA also has a couple of CG shots up on their blog. - JAST USA )

And from MangaGamer their first Yaoi game got released yesterday, not my type of genre but if it can help them reach out to a new target audience then that's good.

(No Thank You! - MangaGamer Staff Blog » Blog Archive » No Thank You!!! )

Re-release of Higurashi also popped up on Steam briefly but I don't think it's available for purchase just yet, first episode of was there seven or so?

(Won't have voice acting but I'm sure that's nothing new and it can once again be modded in by fans afterwards, probably won't take long.)

And Princess Evangile is coming out March 27th both on Steam (Without HCG) and on Mangagamers own website.

(Looks like it could be good and if Mangagamer does indeed price their titles according to how long they are - or how long they take to translate. - then at 45$ it should be a fairly lengthy game though it also makes it amongst their more expensive releases.)

Edited by jbeckman

There are 8 Higurashi chapters. Modders actually never ended up doing a voice patch for anything other than the first chapter, apparently there wasn't any good way to automate the process. Hopefully that happens with the upcoming MangaGamer remake but there are no guarantees.

There are 8 Higurashi chapters. Modders actually never ended up doing a voice patch for anything other than the first chapter, apparently there wasn't any good way to automate the process. Hopefully that happens with the upcoming MangaGamer remake but there are no guarantees.

Supposedly,the Steam version of Higurashi will allow for a music patch that can be 100% accurate to the Japanese release(since they will still have to remove some of them due to copyright issues.),but yeah,we will have to wait and see.

One interesting thing to note about Princess Evangile, is that they are also providing a All-ages Steam key to anyone that buys the +18 version, as a bonus. Makes it pretty tempting, which is annoying because my wallet is already screaming in pain after Clannad and Grisaia...lol. :(