Visual Novels Translation Status [07/19/2015]

Sekai Panel

Tenshin Ranman - There was a pretty bad translation/project of this from Craneanime (haven't heard that in a long time), but looks like they will officially pick this up.

Magical Girl Chiru Chiru - Will be out on Steam before the month is over. Koestl is NOT involved in this translation and has said it is a very questionable translation. Frontwing apparently wanted to push for it to be out now, and Sekai had no control over it. Koestl will plan to translate this later on. Since it contains references to the sequels, not recommended to be read until you finish the trilogy.

Ne no Kami: The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto - a yuri title.. here's the

Other stuff: BL Witch boys title, Nekopara 0 will be worked on, fault milestone two September release date, and still in talks with Key about future titles.

Edited by desi
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sekai Panel

Magical Girl Chiru Chiru - Will be out on Steam before the month is over. Koestl is NOT involved in this translation and has said it is a very questionable translation. Frontwing apparently wanted to push for it to be out now, and Sekai had no control over it. Koestl will plan to translate this later on. Since it contains references to the sequels, not recommended to be read until you finish the trilogy.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep it on the shelf until the rest are completed then. I'm guessing GnK didn't sell too well, and Frontwing in turn wants to try and secure some quick and dirty sales.

Wonder if it will be as bad as a Moenovel TL? Looks like MG walks away the winner of Otakon.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep it on the shelf until the rest are completed then. I'm guessing GnK didn't sell too well, and Frontwing in turn wants to try and secure some quick and dirty sales.

Wonder if it will be as bad as a Moenovel TL? Looks like MG walks away the winner of Otakon.

It is, at the very least, translated by a native english speaker capable of writing at least somewhat eloquently. However, it contains no stylistic consistency with the TLWiki translations so the way Makina talks will be completely different, for example. The accuracy is also of dubious quality. Not Moenovel-bad, just average-fantl-bad, whereas what we can expect from the TLWiki crew is pretty far above average.

Princess Evangile W Happiness

Didn't even finish the main game so far but even then I highly doubt I'll play the FD because well, it's a FD so unless I really like a specific heroine and want to read her after story it's not going to happen.

This fandisc came very highly requested, and for a good reason. It has new routes, there are several cute and charismatic heroines in the original that have major story arcs surrounding them and go through lots of character development, but didn't actually contain routes, leaving us with a bad case of blue balls. If you actually want to see a Ruriko, Konomi, or Tamie route, you have to get the fandisc. So it's not just after stories.

Tenshin Ranman - There was a pretty bad translation/project of this from Craneanime (haven't heard that in a long time), but looks like they will officially pick this up.

According to some Crane Anime folk, they are not involved. An interesting note about this, just two weeks ago, going unnoticed by all, CA actually announced a revival of the translation project. They claimed that they have two new translators and that there will be no machine translation, unlike the old partial patch. They finished three routes already. SP's release will feature a new translation from scratch, so this is pretty poor timing for CA.