• 1 month later...
Question. Is Yuuji's past the only thing in Labyrinth worth reading? The continuation of the stories are all fine and dandy. But after I finished reading Yuuji's past, I won't miss anything uninstalling the game right?

Epilogues for each heroine are much shorter and very fanservic'y - you're not missing much if you skip them.

My only complaint with Grisaia no Meikyuu is the lack of a proper "bridge chapter" for the content between Grisaia no Kajitsu (the first game, for those not familiar with the Japanese titles) and Grisaia no Meikyuu (the second game). All the endings from the first game follow a route of one of the heroines. There is no "generic ending" in the first game that doesn't follow a specific heroine. The second game's main route (at the least the 17+ version, I'm still reading the 18+ version off and on) that reveals Yuuji's past does not appear to follow any specific heroine route from the first game, but then seems to hint that certain events from various routes may indeed have taken place. For example (MINOR SPOILER) Yuuji may have been given Amane's diaries and therefore is aware of the connection between Amane and his sister, but the game never actually verifies whether or not that happened. If he DID see the diaries, does that mean the game follows Amane's route, and if so, is Amane Yuuji's girl friend, or is she still stuck in the self-imposed role of big sister?

I wish the game had a prologue (or epilogue, depending on your view point) that bridged the two story lines together a little better.

Edited by Outpost Omega J
My only complaint with Grisaia no Meikyuu is the lack of a proper "bridge chapter" for the content between Grisaia no Kajitsu (the first game, for those not familiar with the Japanese titles) and Grisaia no Meikyuu (the second game). All the endings from the first game follow a route of one of the heroines. There is no "generic ending" in the first game that doesn't follow a specific heroine. The second game's main route (at the least the 17+ version, I'm still reading the 18+ version off and on) that reveals Yuuji's past does not appear to follow any specific heroine route from the first game, but then seems to hint that certain events from various routes may indeed have taken place. For example (MINOR SPOILER) Yuuji may have been given Amane's diaries and therefore is aware of the connection between Amane and his sister, but the game never actually verifies whether or not that happened. If he DID see the diaries, does that mean the game follows Amane's route, and if so, is Amane Yuuji's girl friend, or is she still stuck in the self-imposed role of big sister?

I wish the game had a prologue (or epilogue, depending on your view point) that bridged the two story lines together a little better.

this comment could actually be a good review for the game xD