Yume Miru Kusuri Discussion

Actually...No. I was bullied for 6 whole years but I didn't like her story at all. Hell, I didn't even feel for her. Well I'm probably broken or something.

6... 6 years? Wow i feel sorry for you.

There's only one way to deal with bullies and that's to take a stand and (if needed/provoked) attack them. Only way they will learn. Fuck all those "experts" telling you to snitch to your teachers or "just passivly let it happen and ignore the bullies".

I got bullied once in high school and i simply punched "the leader" of the bullies in the face. Never got bullied afterwards.

I got bullied before too but it was just teasing and when I went to a different school, I was lucky to find good mannered people. They say cowards tend to live longer but I don't intend to run away forever. OneManArmy, don't say that you are broken, say that it was your tenacity that kept you going. BTW, I did play yume miru kusuri and it has a good story. Haven't done Nekoko's route yet though.

They say cowards tend to live longer but I don't intend to run away forever.

Nothing cowardly in leaving a hostile environment. Sure, sometimes you can change things, but you've got to take care of yourself.

Haha, either way, YMK definitely had a great plot and style. It was the second or third VN I'd read (It was suggested by the Katawa Shoujo devs as a VN similar to what they were trying to make), and it gave me a wonderful early impression of the medium.

I break so many promises in this thread. XD It's been a couple days and I still haven't gone back and finished this. Been playing Mount and Blade, and doing other random things. My interest in the bully story here is abysmally low. I was pretty much bullied for my whole high school and middle school life. I remember getting attacked, but unlike these characters, I actually fought back, did something about it. I just can't understand the mentality of just sitting around and letting it happen. I've had more depression in my adult life, so I can understand(at least in part) Aeka's thoughts about suicide but that's hardly a draw to make me want to read the novel. And while the main character may seem a bit more real to some people, that's fine and all, but it just irritates me.

I break so many promises in this thread. XD It's been a couple days and I still haven't gone back and finished this. Been playing Mount and Blade, and doing other random things. My interest in the bully story here is abysmally low. I was pretty much bullied for my whole high school and middle school life. I remember getting attacked, but unlike these characters, I actually fought back, did something about it. I just can't understand the mentality of just sitting around and letting it happen. I've had more depression in my adult life, so I can understand(at least in part) Aeka's thoughts about suicide but that's hardly a draw to make me want to read the novel. And while the main character may seem a bit more real to some people, that's fine and all, but it just irritates me.

the story is fine for me though its more real life like.contra to School days~

6... 6 years? Wow i feel sorry for you.

Why? I'm actually quite thankful for been bullied. I mean only because of those painful years I became the person which I'm today. Without that part of my life I would probably be still that wimpy protagonist nobody wants to see. So yeah, being bullied sucks but will make you more awesome when you survived it.

There's only one way to deal with bullies and that's to take a stand and (if needed/provoked) attack them.

It depends. It may worked in your case but just imagine there's a whole group against you. You don't want to attack in this case, otherwise you would be punched by 10 guys. And don't expect that all people are as strong as you. If you're big and strong then you can attack the bullies but seriously, nobody will bully you if you're a big hairy man.

Fuck all those "experts" telling you to snitch to your teachers or "just passivly let it happen and ignore the bullies".

Well but that IS a very good way. In the best case the bullies will stop teasing you because you don't show any reactions, they will loose their interest in you. Okay sure, sometimes they will nevertheless continue with it but isn't that a good way to learn some self control right? Wow this sounds optimistic.

OneManArmy, don't say that you are broken,

But I'm playing visual novels, I have to be broken~

Nothing cowardly in leaving a hostile environment. Sure, sometimes you can change things, but you've got to take care of yourself.

Wise words, you earned a like from me. People tend to mix up cowardly with intelligenc.

I guess so. I was lucky. Well I hope they make voice patches in Katawa Shoujo if possible.

Bahahahahahahaha...that's a good one.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read this novel and finished Kirimiya's route. Well, I did end up with an unpleasant ending but when I summed up what I've read, I found this visual novel rather amazing. It does have a lot of H scenes, but other than that it has a really interesting storyline.

I can't believe I didn't know about this thread earlier. I played this game and I really liked it. I played Aeka's route first and I thought it was kind of extreme. Then I played the other two, and they were just "out there." All the routes were kind of unrealistic, but I enjoyed them anyway. For me, Aeka >>> Nekoko > Kirimiya.