LB EX english translation is out or not?

It's not fully done yet, only partially.

Quote from LB TLWiki

--

In order not to delay the release of the main patch, we skipped some of the polish from the EX/ME script. We have tried to make these as enjoyable as possible with the translated material presently available. Thus some of the more critical new lines amidst the otherwise translated scripts have already been translated, but not all of them.

1.These extra patches give EX/ME working minigames, but in return they have a certain amount of untranslated lines here and there, for systemic reasons.

2.There are also known issues that would've been too much work to fix for this release - the biggest one is one where lines with the same Japanese text receive the same translation everywhere in the script. This causes some errors in minigames, but also makes some lines appear rather weird at places in the script.

3.You will not find new content in the routes with this patch, because that is the greater part of the problem itself. Instead you will get THE original Little Busters! routes in all their glory. All new content beyond that will have to wait for its appropriate releases.

4.Muscle Sensation doesn't work in this patch. Sorry, there's just no way around this until we get around to properly re-translating the Kud route.

Ecstasy has extra routes and scenes, which are not translated. An Ex patch exists so you can actually run the "original" translation under the Ecstasy version, but all(?) the extra content that is not present in the original version is left untranslated. They noted that they translated some new lines from the Ex version, but just a few. It's not worth getting Ex version yet.

Edited by killerinsidee

The EX version isn't out yet but you can track their progress with their twitter account here. They post random stuff but they also do updates once in a while.. for instance they posted that the Sasami route was ~40 percent translated a few days ago.

^ and yeah, i'm not interested in the hentai scenes with the old characters as well... Key hentai scenes are the definition of awkward

Edited by desi
Sorry but wasn't Ex all about the new heroines?

I mean who's interested in h's feat the old chars anyway?

New heroines? I wasn't going to wait for the EX version, but now I'm considering it(Of course I have a lot of other awesome games to play in the interim)

New heroines? I wasn't going to wait for the EX version, but now I'm considering it(Of course I have a lot of other awesome games to play in the interim)

Personally I'm waiting for the EX version. Not because of h-scenes, but because of 3(?) new routes. Better to play it all in one go when all the content is available, imo at least.

Edit: I hope someone picks up Kud Wafter for translation as well.

Edited by killerinsidee
I hope someone picks up Kud Wafter for translation as well.

Seriously, don't expect too much. I heard from many people that the fandisc kud isn't kud anymore.

Why? Well it seems that they totally changed their personality into something really plain.

It's actually not surprising because Meada wasn't the one who wrote kud wafter.

Seriously, don't expect too much. I heard from many people that the fandisc kud isn't kud anymore.

Why? Well it seems that they totally changed their personality into something really plain.

It's actually not surprising because Meada wasn't the one who wrote kud wafter.

i was actually gonna attempt to play kud wafter when i had free time now i wont lol

The EX patch doesn't just not translate the new scenes, it leaves them out altogether. You won't be playing it and then get to a part that wasn't in the original and play it in Japanese. You will just not see it at all (mostly).

The EX patch doesn't just not translate the new scenes, it leaves them out altogether. You won't be playing it and then get to a part that wasn't in the original and play it in Japanese. You will just not see it at all (mostly).

I haven't tried it myself, but that's kinda strange. Why would they do a patch that skips the scenes instead of just leaving them untranslated?

I haven't tried it myself, but that's kinda strange. Why would they do a patch that skips the scenes instead of just leaving them untranslated?

They were doing the patch for just the regular version first, then they ported it to EX. It was probably easier to leave out the other parts (script linking and such). Also, they probably figured people would rather have an all-English game that leaves out the extra parts rather than a game with Japanese parts popping up every so often. It seems like that's what most people would want to me - after all, they're using the translation patch because they can't understand Japanese. Leaving those parts in wouldn't do much good for most people. Also, the only parts it skips are parts that were added into EX, so it's still a full game.

I think I actually made a mistake. I just remembered something from when I played this. There is a way to see the new routes. When you start a new game without any saves (new installation/move or delete the SAVEDATA folder in the installation directory) you are asked a question: "Do you know the secret of the world?" If you choose 'No' you will play the regular game. If you choose 'Yes' you can play the new routes. The new parts aren't translated, and I never tried to play them, so I forgot about it. If you make this choice, I'm not sure how the routes will play out, or whether there will be h-scenes in the old or new routes.