Accel World Questions

He's personality isn't so much an issue since he does get his good moments, and having kuroyukihime hides most of his annoying appearance as long as you try not to pay too much attention.

That was a great episode (5), things got real interesting now...also glad kuroyukihime didn't get into a coma :)

Want to atleast watch the first ep, But atm I don't think any ep of anime will be as good as the Acchi Kocchi 5th ep I watched earlier, So does anyone know if you can get into this anime from the first ep or do you need to watch all up to the 5th..

Want to atleast watch the first ep, But atm I don't think any ep of anime will be as good as the Acchi Kocchi 5th ep I watched earlier, So does anyone know if you can get into this anime from the first ep or do you need to watch all up to the 5th..

I love how the plot picks up and develops really quickly, were only at Ep 5 but it feels like were reaching the climax already and there's supposedly 24 episodes. The only problem is you might not fancy the main protagonist and drop the series. Definitely give it a go, it gets better by the episode.

Except a wimpy kid is a real thing. A 2-foot-tall spherical kid does not exist. He just looks so dumb, that it doesn't matter what he's like, since I can't stand to look at him. And he's a coward too; he's just as bad as those other characters on top of looking dumb.

I'm just saying he's refreshing because at least there's a reason for his personality, unlike so many other cowardly protagonists before him. It's not about him looking unrealistic, as he's a symbol for shortcomings in one's looks or who think they look repugnant in others' eyes. It's not like the author would sketch a protagonist who looks completely grotesque (scabs, odd body part misplacements, etc), so substituting for shortness is the next best thing. It's important to note that Haru has extremely low self-esteem due to this physical appearance, which is something SOME people can relate to (not necessarily from their small stature but looks in general); his personality happens to also be cowardly. Add these altogether and we got a character you either can at least somewhat relate to (got bullied, dissatisfied with their appearance, are overweight, weak persona etc) and like/feel for, or just hate because of how he looks and acts. I, for one, can relate to getting bullied while in middle school (for my slim, small appearance and timid personality, where the latter was partially due to being a transfer student from over 1000 miles away where I lost my childhood friends of five years) and can understand him. He is designed to make you feel for him, not to hate him.

I'm just saying he's refreshing because at least there's a reason for his personality, unlike so many other cowardly protagonists before him. It's not about him looking unrealistic, as he's a symbol for shortcomings in one's looks or who think they look repugnant in others' eyes. It's not like the author would sketch a protagonist who looks completely grotesque (scabs, odd body part misplacements, etc), so substituting for shortness is the next best thing. It's important to note that Haru has extremely low self-esteem due to this physical appearance, which is something SOME people can relate to (not necessarily from their small stature but looks in general); his personality happens to also be cowardly. Add these altogether and we got a character you either can at least somewhat relate to (got bullied, dissatisfied with their appearance, are overweight, weak persona etc) and like/feel for, or just hate because of how he looks and acts. I, for one, can relate to getting bullied while in middle school (for my slim, small appearance and timid personality, where the latter was partially due to being a transfer student from over 1000 miles away where I lost my childhood friends of five years) and can understand him. He is designed to make you feel for him, not to hate him.

I can understand that. I'll try to keep this in mind when I watch Accel World to keep myself from disliking the protagonist.

Also, it's not his personality that I hate, or the fact that he's fat or short; it's that he looks so dumb because the fatness and shortness are taken to unrealistic extremes. If he didn't look like a ball, I would have no problem with him.