Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

This game is old, it was released in 2004.But about every year or so I install it and play it again.I think it is kind of sad that their is no other good Vampire rpg besides this one(well at least not in my country).I had hoped by now that another would haven been released but I think the studio went under.But I love to play this game it has most of the aspects of a vampire live you want to see.

Powers, Clans, A Vampire Hierarchy, You Can Feed On People, Now that it has been out for years it has lots of mods.

If you haven't played this game I give it a try(before virtual reality comes out and makes you jaded).

bloodlinesbox.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041116032225665_640w.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041028073020180-001.jpg

14accy.jpg

Edited by Breakthrough

This is a super awesome game, despite a million bugs and glitches. Troika Games went defunct before they could really finish it, and it shows, but it's still almost at the level of classic Bioware.

Make sure to play through it at least twice: once as a Malkavian, and once as anything else.

From everything I know, the tabletop V:tM is better in pretty much every way, aside from the obvious differences in medium.

Hm. Maybe we could try doing some tabletop stuff here. Not necessarily V:tM.

Also yes Malkavians are the best. You should probably play them the second time around, though, just so you can really get the stuff they reference.

In my opinion, Vampire: The Masquerade was a lot better. I did play both of them and I liked the first one better. Without going into too much detail, there are a few reason why it wasn't a great game. The publisher(Activision) rushed the devs to put out the game as fast as possible, which resulted in them cutting a lot of the content out of the game. Some guys even made a patch that brings back some part of the content, that should have been in the game in the first place. Also the release version was buggy as hell and could have been a lot more polished.

Another funny thing is the reason why the sales sucked. The game shipped at the same day as Half Life 2. Both games have the "first person shooter"(even though Bloodlines is not a pure FPS) tag on them so you can pretty much guess what people bought. Sadly because of that, no sequels were made.

It's definitely not a bad game, you can get the Unofficial patches to make it more playable as well. It could have been a lot better.

Edited by killerinsidee

Vampire: The Masquerade I don't think I played the first on.I know for sure I have only played Bloodlines and Redemption.If you are referring to the book and not a PC game.I never played the Dungeons & Dragons type games were you have to imagine what is happening(I think its called Storyteller System). I can't play that stuff I have a great imagination compared to my friends,and I would still be bored trying to play this game(Though one of my friends use to play the book version).

I didn't like Redemption it was like playing world of war craft where you character is only 3 inches tall.I can't play a game like that it just sucks the life out of me.Any time I see a game design where you are looking over the character I just get pissed and yell what you asses never heard of first person! I know that comment will make a lot of WoW game fan's angry so in my defense I did love playing DC Universe.