In my experience, the best treatment for insomnia is masturbation...

Hahaha i lol'd, but yeah true. A good wank before going to bed makes you sleep really well.

Just take like half a sleeping pill if you really have trouble sleeping, or try any of the 1001 relaxing methods before you go to sleep. In my case if take a hot bath before i go to bed, i will sleep like a rock.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha i lol'd, but yeah true. A good wank before going to bed makes you sleep really well.

Just take like half a sleeping pill if you really have trouble sleeping, or try any of the 1001 relaxing methods before you go to sleep. In my case if take a hot bath before i go to bed, i will sleep like a rock.

Sleep like a rock eh???

Another way would be sport. If your body's exhausted it will obviously need some time to recover and sleep is the perfect way to do this.

And yeah, fapping also counts as sport since it's damn exhausting.

With all means, just sleep! Dammit!

If you really need to fall asleep, take a sleeping pill, or some benadryl will do the trick too.

Here's a method I use to change my sleeping hours (what time I wake up & go to sleep) that works very well for me:

1. To start, set an alarm for 5-15 minutes before you want to get up, and make sure it's loud enough and annoying enough that you will wake up. Put it somewhere that is not next to your bed so you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off.

2. As soon as you get up, eat/drink something with sugar in it to wake you up. A piece of fruit is a good choice. Eat some breakfast as well. Try to stay away from caffeinated drinks such as coffee or tea because you will become dependent on it.

3. Don't eat anything for the last 12 hours before you want to go to sleep.

4. Make sure it is sufficiently dark when you go to sleep.

* This should set your wake up/go to sleep time in a week or less, and you will probably start waking up without the alarm. Once you're falling asleep naturally at the desired time, you can start eating later, but not right before you go to sleep.

* The reason this works: Animals, especially mammals, are programmed to be awake at times when food is available. This is why some animals are nocturnal - because that is when food is available to them. By eating as soon as you get up, and not eating for 12 hours before you go to sleep, your body naturally shifts when it releases melatonin so that you can be awake during prime food-availability time. It is important to eat at regular times.

* The reason for #4 is that humans, who are diurnal (the opposite of nocturnal) are programmed to sleep at night, when it is dark. Humans get better, more restful sleep in the dark.

If you really need to fall asleep, take a sleeping pill, or some benadryl will do the trick too.

Woah there... good advic there but i dont recommend taking any sleeping pills... they can be addictive and has a late side effect...

Woah there... good advic there but i dont recommend taking any sleeping pills... they can be addictive and has a late side effect...

I meant it as a one-time thing, if you really need to fall asleep. Sleeping pills can be pretty bad, like you said. You can become dependent on them to fall asleep and some side effects are pretty bad. There have been cases where people who take sleeping pills regularly have gotten in their cars and driven while still asleep, which is obviously dangerous.

It's better to take a melatonin pill because it's a natural thing that your body produces to fall asleep, but if you take it regularly, your body will become dependent on it. Benadryl is actually pretty good to take for sleeping because it has no negative side-effects (other than the drowsiness itself) and rather than becoming dependent on it, your body builds up a resistance to the drowsiness effect in about three days.

I meant it as a one-time thing, if you really need to fall asleep. Sleeping pills can be pretty bad, like you said. You can become dependent on them to fall asleep and some side effects are pretty bad. There have been cases where people who take sleeping pills regularly have gotten in their cars and driven while still asleep, which is obviously dangerous.

It's better to take a melatonin pill because it's a natural thing that your body produces to fall asleep, but if you take it regularly, your body will become dependent on it. Benadryl is actually pretty good to take for sleeping because it has no negative side-effects (other than the drowsiness itself) and rather than becoming dependent on it, your body builds up a resistance to the drowsiness effect in about three days.

right... very dangerous... hot bath and hot milk may suffice...

Here's a method I use to change my sleeping hours (what time I wake up & go to sleep) that works very well for me:

1. To start, set an alarm for 5-15 minutes before you want to get up, and make sure it's loud enough and annoying enough that you will wake up. Put it somewhere that is not next to your bed so you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off.

2. As soon as you get up, eat/drink something with sugar in it to wake you up. A piece of fruit is a good choice. Eat some breakfast as well. Try to stay away from caffeinated drinks such as coffee or tea because you will become dependent on it.

3. Don't eat anything for the last 12 hours before you want to go to sleep.

4. Make sure it is sufficiently dark when you go to sleep.

* This should set your wake up/go to sleep time in a week or less, and you will probably start waking up without the alarm. Once you're falling asleep naturally at the desired time, you can start eating later, but not right before you go to sleep.

* The reason this works: Animals, especially mammals, are programmed to be awake at times when food is available. This is why some animals are nocturnal - because that is when food is available to them. By eating as soon as you get up, and not eating for 12 hours before you go to sleep, your body naturally shifts when it releases melatonin so that you can be awake during prime food-availability time. It is important to eat at regular times.

* The reason for #4 is that humans, who are diurnal (the opposite of nocturnal) are programmed to sleep at night, when it is dark. Humans get better, more restful sleep in the dark.

Great post right here. Reposting this for Dan because it's stuck at the bottom of page 3. Speaking of 3s, to add onto point 3, eating before bedtime is a bad idea because it forces digestive parts of the body to be more active. It's one of the prime culprits for disrupting people's circadian rhythms.

Another thing, people who have problems sleeping tend to be tense. So when trying to sleep, relax your muscles, preferably one group at a time. Starting with the legs, then moving through the torso, back, arms, and neck muscles. This will enhance the sleeping process.

If all else fails, find a decently scheduled job or work out. Getting rid of excess energy is how most people sleep regularly.

Great post right here. Reposting this for Dan because it's stuck at the bottom of page 3. Speaking of 3s, to add onto point 3, eating before bedtime is a bad idea because it forces digestive parts of the body to be more active. It's one of the prime culprits for disrupting people's circadian rhythms.

Another thing, people who have problems sleeping tend to be tense. So when trying to sleep, relax your muscles, preferably one group at a time. Starting with the legs, then moving through the torso, back, arms, and neck muscles. This will enhance the sleeping process.

If all else fails, find a decently scheduled job or work out. Getting rid of excess energy is how most people sleep regularly.

right again!!! you should have at least 30 min cooldown time before sleeping...

Well I actually managed to get some sleep last night...about 2 hours...after 2 hours of masturbating...so I guess that works...this is embarrasing...

Good job man~!

But well, 2 hours of sleep isn't that long though. At least we learned that you can sleep after being exhausted. You could try to run/jog at the evening, if possible. Fresh oxygen + exhausted body = sleep. (I suck at math so don't take this formula too serious)

Edited by OneManArmy
Well I actually managed to get some sleep last night...about 2 hours...after masturbating...so I guess that works...this is embarrasing...

An abundance of people do this :D no need for embarrassment.

I'd wish i knew what it feels like to have sleeping problems. I sleep like a rock every night, and my biggest problem is getting out of bed. When i go to sleep i will never wake up randomly in the night, the only thing that forces me to wake up is my alarm clock, otherwise i'd lay asleep till noon probably.

EDIT: So i could see what it feels like once, as a change, not to have this all of your life. Don't get me wrong ok.

Edited by Caelistas
I'd wish i knew what it feels like to have sleeping problems.

No you don't. It's terrible. I have sleeping problems and waking problems. It's hard to fall asleep and then once I do, I can't get up.