Visual Novels Translation Status[06/03/2012]

Neko Kawaigari and Eden* They Were Only Two come to mind. Ef got hit too, but No Name Losers trolled Minori into making it into an official release.

no..dont remind me of Eden..

kinda sad when i think back..

plus..there's been lots of VN dropped due to lack of time/translators being bored and stressed..

we at least should be grateful to the whom persevered~

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GIGA filed an injunction against TinFoil for hosting Futsuu's Baldr Sky translation. (Or at least hosting updates and seemingly planning to host the patch.) All sites hosted by him will remain down until it can be demonstrated that this translation has ceased, and if this is found to be a lie at a later date it will be brought down permanently, and he will be charged a very severe fine with possibility of jail time, even if the patch isn't distributed by him, because the judge is convinced that he is still tied to the project.

Fuck. Goddamn fuck.

I want Baldr Sky as much as the next guy, but I don't think any half-decent VN translator will touch it if it means that the guy hosting TLWiki would be arrested over it.

Edited by encrypted12345
Fuck. Goddamn fuck.

I want Baldr Sky as much as the next guy, but I don't think any half-decent VN translator will touch it if it means that the guy hosting TLWiki would be arrested over it.

Wonderful. B(

Can't they just hit Futsuu with a cease and desist and be done with it? Instead of targeting any site he may be hosting it on? Most C&Ds simply end there, no action taken, project downed, and no one indicted, everyone moves on. Forcing TLWiki (and other sites) down for one game is bull, no matter how you slice it, because for all we know their definition of "remaining down until it can be demonstrated" could be "permanently" already. It's even more so since the guy hosting the sites isn't the one working on the translation.

GIGA filed an injunction against TinFoil for hosting Futsuu's Baldr Sky translation. (Or at least hosting updates and seemingly planning to host the patch.) All sites hosted by him will remain down until it can be demonstrated that this translation has ceased, and if this is found to be a lie at a later date it will be brought down permanently, and he will be charged a very severe fine with possibility of jail time, even if the patch isn't distributed by him, because the judge is convinced that he is still tied to the project.

Hey where did you find that quote? I am almost certain this was definitely made up.

KUD WAFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know what group is translation kud wafter? I feel restless unless i check status for stuff I like every day

other than that, I guess all the other ones are coming nicely

Yeah... I fell for a troll.

.... I shall mope in disgrace and sadness. First time I actually was unable to differentiate from a troll and truth.

Its understandable, a lot of people have been waiting for the release and you were probably just paranoid.

Also after using erogedownload for almost 2 years i finally decided to make an account here. (Though i dont renember it having a forums a year ago....)

Its understandable, a lot of people have been waiting for the release and you were probably just paranoid.

Also after using erogedownload for almost 2 years i finally decided to make an account here. (Though i dont renember it having a forums a year ago....)

that's because this site only started last february... i think...

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Quick/Stupid question: Whats the differance between erogedownload and erogegames? (Except 1 has a forum)

atually..it longer before that..refer below

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Quick/Stupid question: Whats the differance between erogedownload and erogegames? (Except 1 has a forum)

there's no difference actually..but erogedownloads are the main site..

while the erogegames here are the site created to add in the forums~

both are in the hands of Ivan(admin)

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Quick/Stupid question: Whats the difference between erogedownload and erogegames? (Except 1 has a forum)

hmmm...

profile customization???

a chat/shoutbox...

and threads for socializing such as sharing more info/ eroge/ software...

(ok, I'm out of this thread...)

Yeah... I fell for a troll.

.... I shall mope in disgrace and sadness. First time I actually was unable to differentiate from a troll and truth.

And this is why I should check Google myself as well. *headdesk*

/vn/ normally doesn't have trolls quite like that, normally they're of the extremely obvious variety.

Ohhhhhhhhhh

General idea for split was like that:

erogedownload: "main site" for people interested only in fully completed projects. Basically when you get "i feel like playing something, wonder what came out recently..." you can just open page and check latest releases.

erogegames: partial patches, "additional" stuff like OSTs, artbooks etc ( they will still get linked from main page, but they won't get own posts there), community news, like new translation projects picked up & progress, also - loose eroge discussion, like "your favourite hero", anime lobby... did i mention shoutbox?..

I'm pretty sure DarkTranslations was taken down by a C&D from Lilith.

Not everybody seemed to like them though.

That's the "official" reason for it, but i think the general consensus was that translator simply got tired and ran away with commision money.

That's the "official" reason for it, but i think the general consensus was that translator simply got tired and ran away with commision money.

Yea that was bad and just when he was doing a "decent" project(DDC) not related to Lilith .

Edited by dominus 12
I like Lilith's games translated or not.

Yo I used to but not anymore they started a spiral of repeting the same things over and over that is annoying as hell even by Dark VN standards for me Taimanin Asagi 2 was their last interesting\good work(after that what they did with Asagi is too bad to even describe ) .

An update on Period:

The last real route is complete. The remaining route is a bonus route, so it's really short. The final patch should be done any time now.

Total progress: 96.64%