Improved Clannad Translation to be worked on

The guys at Doki will work on an improved Clannad translation working on further translations, editing, quality checking, etc. More information here. This announcement comes shortly after announcing the date for the Tomoyo After patch, set to release July 20th.

Edited by desi
What problems are present in the current translation really?

It's not a high quality translation and some sentences may sound weird. There are also some lines (around 10) which aren't translated. It's all in all not a big pain in the ass, you're able understand everything but it's not a smooth read...if you know what I mean.

Aah I don't see any problems with the current translation though >.

Come at me bro and I'll slash you real nice and quick

I didn't have any problems with it either, but i only played through one route. However i did notice that the menu and Tomoyas name wasn't translated.

what? tomoya's name wasn't translated? im confus. im currently playing the game and i've seen no problems so far. of course, i'm talking about the one dowloaded from here. I didn't even know that the translation is "incomplete" apparently. I checked vndb and apparently yea, theres no complete patch supposedly which is making me really confused as to what it is I'm playing

im kinda in the middle of playing the clannad vn and i tink i just gona finish off the route im on and wait for the doki to finish it up to play the rest.

Looking forward to play both clannad and tomoyo after

what? tomoya's name wasn't translated? im confus. im currently playing the game and i've seen no problems so far. of course, i'm talking about the one dowloaded from here. I didn't even know that the translation is "incomplete" apparently. I checked vndb and apparently yea, theres no complete patch supposedly which is making me really confused as to what it is I'm playing

I'm not sure if they have improved the translation or if i did a mistake when i installed it, but this is how it looks like for me.

86484.jpg

I'm not sure if they have improved the translation or if i did a mistake when i installed it, but this is how it looks like for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4894[/ATTACH]

about the character name, you can change it into Okazaki Tomoya...

take note that in japan, they usually display surname first...

try it like this...

yer.png

if done like that, it should appear like this during the Main Character's lines...

dfjdjkghkd.jpg

that's all I know...

I'm pretty sure the menu's wasn't translated , at least when I was playing it wasn't.

Same here but I used back then (obviously) the old patch. So yeah, I've no knowledge when it comes to new patch but it's possible that they "just" re-translated the seen.txt files, not stuff feat the menu or options.

• 2 weeks later...

They did translate the menus in the latter patches. This is what my Clannad looks like : clannadmenus.jpg

I played that a long time ago (all the routes) so I'm not sure, but I don't remember encountering japanese text in my playthrough. The translation for several parts of the After Story was really crude though.

They did translate the menus in the latter patches. This is what my Clannad looks like : [ATTACH=CONFIG]5238[/ATTACH]

I played that a long time ago (all the routes) so I'm not sure, but I don't remember encountering japanese text in my playthrough. The translation for several parts of the After Story was really crude though.

Doki will fix the "rough translations" since some parts are kinda not edited that well, as far as I know. It's not that big of a deal, but they will make it more readable and enjoyable overall.

Edited by killerinsidee
  • 3 weeks later...
so i can use my previusly translated save files with this new translation when it comes out?

better backup your clannad save data first to see if it works when patch comes out cause sometimes new patch didn't recognize or not working properly with your old save game...

don't worry, most vn save game only take a very little of your disk space (several kb or mb usually)

better backup your clannad save data first to see if it works when patch comes out cause sometimes new patch didn't recognize or not working properly with your old save game...

don't worry, most vn save game only take a very little of your disk space (several kb or mb usually)

ill do that, thanks n.n