• MOE is #1 in eroge or vn
    • Story is #1 in eroge or vn

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan...its just so happens to be that...though i remember the kanji is different~

No, it's the same (海猫), which means it's not just by chance. It would be the same as calling it a sea cat in english.

Dan//look here...

this is the Chinese words for seagull=海鷗

in jap the kanji was a combination of two...鴎

wikipedia

ウミネコ(海猫、Larus crassirostris)

from what I can tell, 鴎 just means gull (as in the family of birds). The seagull specifically is 海猫.

But this is off-topic and going on too long...

I dont really want to vote either. I think they are both important. Don't anime want to appeal to both sides if they can? I mean, you can have both. Extremes for me in general are a bad thing, moderation is my favorite position when it comes to these things. Looking at one of my favorite anime, Zero no Tsukaima, it has a great blend of story and ecchi. It had both groups going. You switch to an extreme like what happened in (I think, cant remember, either 2 or 3) the second season to which a new director put really nothing but ecchi everywhere, your gonna get burned. Sure enough fans busted the guys balls. Everything is all about balance. Moe is like the right amount of icing on a good cupcake, the cake being story. You don't like too much, but if you don't have any icing, you almost have a muffin.

Although I do have to say kiss x sis had nothing but ecchi yet it was still superbly awesome.

zero-no-tsukaima-se1-ep1_00435.jpg

Edited by Bigdaddygoblin
I dont really want to vote either. I think they are both important. Don't anime want to appeal to both sides if they can? I mean, you can have both. Extremes for me in general are a bad thing, moderation is my favorite position when it comes to these things. Looking at one of my favorite anime, Zero no Tsukaima, it has a great blend of story and ecchi. It had both groups going. You switch to an extreme like what happened in (I think, cant remember, either 2 or 3) the second season to which a new director put really nothing but ecchi everywhere, your gonna get burned. Sure enough fans busted the guys balls. Everything is all about balance. Moe is like the right amount of icing on a good cupcake, the cake being story. You don't like too much, but if you don't have any icing, you almost have a muffin.

Although I do have to say kiss x sis had nothing but ecchi yet it was still superbly awesome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4794[/ATTACH]

All very good points, but this is about eroge, not anime (though a lot of that still applies).

i do agree that both are needed..

though the one that start this thread are pissed with an idiot whom said that only MOE counts for VNs and push his ideals on others..

i could bare with it if he keeps his fetish and rambling to himself..

but spamming here and there are provoking me^^

+1 This, In my eyes Kiss x Sis was one of the very few all Ecchi & Romance animes which actually got away with it, of course a lot of people will disagree with me here.

Though the picture isn't even from Kiss x Sis, More Zero no Tsukaima..

Edited by Dubs

True enough. Anime and visual novels do have their differences. I like moe more in anime myself. Since im in the kinda first person view of the character, I want more... personnel connection with a character. Moe doesn't do that with me in that area. And yeah, I know that one picture from Zero. I didn't feel like looking for a good kiss x sis pic.