Suggestion For Forum Mod

Should people who have reached a certain amount of Forum Posts be given Forum Mod?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who have reached a certain amount of Forum Posts be given Forum Mod?

Just a quick suggestion for Ivan really but you can share your thoughts on it, I think people who have reached a certain amount of posts E.G 800, 1000, 1500 or whatever should be given Forum Moderator access to deal with the income of Spambots on the occasion that he isn't on to ban the spam account and remove the spam.

Also as they've proved they can behave and whatnot.

Ty to Cael for the idea.

Share your thoughts.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/270/0/5/the_banhammer___marie_has_it_by_kilama-d2zl8he.jpg

Edited by Dubs

Post status shouldn't dictate at all position or status on the forum. That is a horrible idea, no offense. Should we need mods, they should be handpicked by the admin and staff, in this case Ivan.

Post status shouldn't dictate at all position or status on the forum. That is a horrible idea, no offense. Should we need mods, they should be handpicked by the admin and staff, in this case Ivan.

It was an idea I thought of like 5 mins ago, As I don't/ have rarely spoke to Ivan I don't know what he's like nor do I know his choice in people, the Post count part was a variable choice although if they've been around long enough to post that much then I don't see why it's a horrible idea.

the Post count part was a variable choice although if they've been around long enough to post that much then I don't see why it's a horrible idea.

Because I can make numerous low quality posts and get a high post count and be given some type of authority over the forum. It just doesn't make any sense. I either like the handpick staff idea where you get status by the contributions you make on the forum, which isn't just posts. Or an application where you can apply to be a mod, like some other forums have. It's up to Ivan in the end though and decides if he needs mods or not.

Because I can make numerous low quality posts and get a high post count and be given some type of authority over the forum. It just doesn't make any sense. I either like the handpick staff idea where you get status by the contributions you make on the forum, which isn't just posts. Or an application where you can apply to be a mod, like some other forums have. It's up to Ivan in the end though and decides if he needs mods or not.

Mk allow me to elaborate on the forum post part, I'm NOT saying that as soon as they reach a certain amount of posts that they be made a Forum Mod, I'm saying that as they reach a certain amount of posts they become applicable for Forum Mod of which Ivan would choose to have them or not, As someone who made a minimum of 800 bullshit posts would be pretty known around the forums as a spammer and wouldn't get it.

I agree that there should be a mod made now as we've reached 1500+ members and probably near 50 post per day (just a guess). If Ivan does put up some vote, I nominate the user "Guest". I can't say if he's a trustful person since this is the Internet but some of us who've seen him around should know that all he's done is give quality help to people with technical problems, especially complex issues. I think he himself wants to apply as a mod and I heard him say it the shoutbox loongg ago, along with (Jikendor, where u been man, lmao). I think there are other people here who think he's a good samaritan and an altruistic person.

Edited by RJei
Mk allow me to elaborate on the forum post part, I'm NOT saying that as soon as they reach a certain amount of posts that they be made a Forum Mod, I'm saying that as they reach a certain amount of posts they become applicable for Forum Mod of which Ivan would choose to have them or not, As someone who made a minimum of 800 bullshit posts would be pretty known around the forums as a spammer and wouldn't get it.

Even having a certain threshold like a minimum number of posts decreases the application pool a lot. For instance, killerinsidee. The guy works his ass off in the tech section. He doesn't exactly have a huge amount of posts, so should he be disqualified for consideration because he doesn't meet the minimum threshold? My point is, putting a number on what should be a subjective assessment is a bad idea.

Even having a certain threshold like a minimum number of posts decreases the application pool a lot. For instance, killerinsidee. The guy works his ass off in the tech section. He doesn't exactly have a huge amount of posts, so should he be disqualified for consideration because he doesn't meet the minimum threshold? My point is, putting a number on what should be a subjective assessment is a bad idea.

Being that currently there is no way of becoming a Forum Mod at all, it was a 5 minute idea and the I hadn't yet thought about Applications, But I can see your point.

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/211/1/9/joker_clap_by_Majin820.gif

Like desi said, Mod picking should be based on how much the user contributes to the forums, some people don't post 50 posts a day because they find some threads irrelevant, me for example, I check every day the forums, but I only post on threads I find relevant and of my interest, Ivan of course has the last word, I nominate Haika, Guest, kilerinside and desi. I check their posts regularly and they always post something useful or with argument. My 2 cents.

I could write a fuckin wall of text but I would write the same stuff like desi anyway. Many posts = good mod is stupid shit. Just imagine me being a mod...bad end. Oh and hadn't we already a discussion about new mods? I mean seriously, if Ivan needs more manpower then he'll ask specific people directly.

I mean seriously, if Ivan needs more manpower then he'll ask specific people directly.

Agreed. The spam bots are not getting out of hand yet (we're getting 4-5 per week max) and Ivan still has the time to lock up / clean up threads which get random spam. Also everyone can just report a post and Ivan will see what's up in a reasonable time. A global mod would have nothing to do at this point really.

But I gotta say, the idea of this thread is just awful. Other people said what's so wrong with this so I won't repeat it, but having "spammers" as mods is just crazy.

Anyways, I think everything relevant was said already, so I'm not gonna go deeper into discussion (also because a mod is not needed until Ivan says otherwise).

Edited by killerinsidee