Literally the first result with google searching your problem:

(http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1240.0)

(Smileynator's post doesn't exist anymore, that's why clicking the registry fix link in the OP of this thread doesn't work)

Yo, I don't quite understand this explaination, I am a pro at English but a noob at computers so not quite sure what to do.. I have that exact problem, "Script version does not match" or whatever, and I am not sure what your post wants me to do... You want me to rename all files in School days folder from whatever to .reg? And then you also want me to move all those files somewhere? Where is that specific place? Where I installed it? It's already there in that case...

for example, what does this mean?

You'll want to change C:\\Overflow\\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\\ to its proper path, don't forget the quotes.

Proper path? Wut?

I have Windows 8, if that is of any help.. I think it can be fixed like how everybody else does it, but I'm not quite sure as to what that would be as I said... Btw for some reason I can play this game without even installing it, which I discovered purely by chance. Installing the game has not worked at all for me even though I feel like I tried a thousand different ways of doing it, it simply will not work, it stops at like 10408/11374 MB or whatever it is..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the installation is catching on Ini.gpk file how can I solve this problem disc 1 and complete the installation to be able to play?

and right now I'm using windows 8 it has a problem to do with it because it has other games that normal use not had this problem

• 3 weeks later...
Literally the first result with google searching your problem:

([H-VN] School Days HQ)

(Smileynator's post doesn't exist anymore, that's why clicking the registry fix link in the OP of this thread doesn't work)

sorry man, but i tried it, but the regedit still stays empty. any ideas ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I installed the game and I've been playing it for a while so far, but only noticed now that I can never go "practice" with Sekai in episode 3. I'm trying to get the "First Experience" ending on ep3 but I can't because it seems like there are some lines missing. For example: on episode 3 when talking with Sekai, it only appears one choice "This isn't right" when it should appear this line aswell: "In that case...". And yes, I'm sure I'm not making the wrong choices so it won't appear purposely for me (if it can happen anyway).

Am I the only one? Is this some kind of error?

Okay, I know this is a bit long(but it's easy, I promise) and it should work so please try it if you have issues getting the game to run!

So... I was having a lot of trouble with the installation and this worked for me:

I have Disk_1.iso and Disk_2.iso

I extracted Disk_1.iso to a folder, no mounting(!), and explored the folder

---> opened SetUp.ini and I changed(I removed 5 entries and updated the line "Max=18" to "Max=13") the file-list at the end, so it looked like this:

[Application]

Company=Overflow

Name=SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Icon=icon.ico

Version=1.00

Script=1.00

Start=1

[DiskType]

Type=Disk1

[installSetting]

TotalSize=11945975808

[CreateDirectry]

Path=Packs

[Disk1]

Max=13

File1=SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe

File2=SysMenuSDHQ.dll

File3=RouteProcSDHQ.dll

File4=DSETUP.dll

File5=msvcr90.dll

File6=msvcp90.dll

File7=Packs\BGM.GPK

File8=Packs\Event00.GPK

File9=Packs\Event01.GPK

File10=Packs\Event02.GPK

File11=Packs\Event03.GPK

File12=Packs\Event04.GPK

File13=Packs\Event05.GPK

• I saved this and returned to the main Disk_1 folder, then went into " Disk_1\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Packs "

---> found the files I removed from the file-list in SetUp.ini and moved them to my desktop(I'll return to them later!)

The files you removed should be:

Ini.GPK

Movie00.GPK

Movie01.GPK

Movie02.GPK

Movie03.GPK

• After removing those files and putting them on my desktop I extracted Disk_2 to its own folder too, just like I did for Disk_1.

• When Disk_2 is finished extracting I returned to Disk_1 folder and run SetUp.exe --> wait til the pop-up appears asking for Disk 2

I then used Ctrl+Alt+Delete and killed the SetUp.exe process from my taskmanager. (Don't worry, as long as the install reached the point where it asks for Disk 2, it's okay to kill/cancel the install

• Now go to the installation folder, should be " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ "

After you enter the main installation folder, go into the Packs sub-folder.

• Now... Go to where you placed the files that you removed from Disk_1 folder, copy/cut them and move them into the Packs folder.

• Then... in the Disk_2 folder that you extracted Disk_2.iso to ---> go into the Packs folder and copy/cut everything and move those files into the main installation Packs folder " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Packs "

The files you move from Disk_2 folder should be:

File1=Packs\Movie04.GPK

File2=Packs\Movie05.GPK

File3=Packs\Script.GPK

File4=Packs\Se00.GPK

File5=Packs\Se01.GPK

File6=Packs\Se02.GPK

File7=Packs\Se03.GPK

File8=Packs\Se04.GPK

File9=Packs\Se05.GPK

File10=Packs\SysSe.GPK

File11=Packs\System.GPK

File12=Packs\Voice00.GPK

File13=Packs\Voice01.GPK

File14=Packs\Voice02.GPK

File15=Packs\Voice03.GPK

File16=Packs\Voice04.GPK

File17=Packs\Voice05.GPK

Now after you move these into the main installation folder -> Packs subfolder...

• Open a plain text file, I used Notepad.

Copy and paste this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Install]

"StartMenu"=dword:00000001

"DeskTop"=dword:00000001

"AllUse"=dword:00000000

"Directory"="C:\\Overflow\\SCHOOLDAYS HQ"

"DiskCheck"=dword:00000000

"Company"="Overflow"

"Program"="SCHOOLDAYS HQ"

"Version"="1.00"

"Script"="1.00"

"FullInstall"=dword:00000001

When you are saving this, make sure you save it as .reg and NOT .txt I saved this as schooldays.reg to my desktop, and then opened/run the file. Click "yes" to add the entries to the registry and you are done!

Oh and if you installed School Days to a different directory than the normal " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ " then update the .reg text file with the folder you installed the main program to.

• Right-click the SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe and run as Administrator

It should work!

• If it doesn't, try using AppLocale(if you don't have it, go download it off microsoft) and use it to run SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe in the Japanese locale -> this works too!

I was really really surprised when this worked for me, as I spent hours looking at various guides and trouble-shooting tips but none worked, so I tried my own... I have been playing for a few hrs and even saving/loading is working also

Edited by Heroge
I installed the game and I've been playing it for a while so far, but only noticed now that I can never go "practice" with Sekai in episode 3. I'm trying to get the "First Experience" ending on ep3 but I can't because it seems like there are some lines missing. For example: on episode 3 when talking with Sekai, it only appears one choice "This isn't right" when it should appear this line aswell: "In that case...". And yes, I'm sure I'm not making the wrong choices so it won't appear purposely for me (if it can happen anyway).

Am I the only one? Is this some kind of error?

Been some time since I played School Days, but I believe I remember that same thing happening to me on a number of occasions. If I remember correctly I would skip back a scene and then skip ahead to the choice in question and that would cause both choices to appear.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I am using Daemon Tool Lite 10.2 (windows 10 free version I believe) and I have ran out of space on my virtual drive. I am currently at the Pack\SysSe.GPK part, where it stops downloading, so I am wondering if you guys know how to add more memory?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I downloaded both the disks onto the same drive so far and was just following the prompts. Was I suppose to create a separate virtual drive when I unmounted disc 1?

Edited by Toy
Okay, I know this is a bit long(but it's easy, I promise) and it should work so please try it if you have issues getting the game to run!

So... I was having a lot of trouble with the installation and this worked for me:

I have Disk_1.iso and Disk_2.iso

I extracted Disk_1.iso to a folder, no mounting(!), and explored the folder

---> opened SetUp.ini and I changed(I removed 5 entries and updated the line "Max=18" to "Max=13") the file-list at the end, so it looked like this:

[Application]

Company=Overflow

Name=SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Icon=icon.ico

Version=1.00

Script=1.00

Start=1

[DiskType]

Type=Disk1

[installSetting]

TotalSize=11945975808

[CreateDirectry]

Path=Packs

[Disk1]

Max=13

File1=SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe

File2=SysMenuSDHQ.dll

File3=RouteProcSDHQ.dll

File4=DSETUP.dll

File5=msvcr90.dll

File6=msvcp90.dll

File7=Packs\BGM.GPK

File8=Packs\Event00.GPK

File9=Packs\Event01.GPK

File10=Packs\Event02.GPK

File11=Packs\Event03.GPK

File12=Packs\Event04.GPK

File13=Packs\Event05.GPK

I saved this and returned to the main Disk_1 folder, then went into " Disk_1\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Packs "

---> found the files I removed from the file-list in SetUp.ini and moved them to my desktop(I'll return to them later!)

The files you removed should be:

Ini.GPK

Movie00.GPK

Movie01.GPK

Movie02.GPK

Movie03.GPK

After removing those files and putting them on my desktop I extracted Disk_2 to its own folder too, just like I did for Disk_1.

When Disk_2 is finished extracting I returned to Disk_1 folder and run SetUp.exe --> wait til the pop-up appears asking for Disk 2

I then used Ctrl+Alt+Delete and killed the SetUp.exe process from my taskmanager. (Don't worry, as long as the install reached the point where it asks for Disk 2, it's okay to kill/cancel the install )

Now go to the installation folder, should be " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ "

After you enter the main installation folder, go into the Packs sub-folder.

Now... Go to where you placed the files that you removed from Disk_1 folder, copy/cut them and move them into the Packs folder.

Then... in the Disk_2 folder that you extracted Disk_2.iso to ---> go into the Packs folder and copy/cut everything and move those files into the main installation Packs folder " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Packs "

The files you move from Disk_2 folder should be:

File1=Packs\Movie04.GPK

File2=Packs\Movie05.GPK

File3=Packs\Script.GPK

File4=Packs\Se00.GPK

File5=Packs\Se01.GPK

File6=Packs\Se02.GPK

File7=Packs\Se03.GPK

File8=Packs\Se04.GPK

File9=Packs\Se05.GPK

File10=Packs\SysSe.GPK

File11=Packs\System.GPK

File12=Packs\Voice00.GPK

File13=Packs\Voice01.GPK

File14=Packs\Voice02.GPK

File15=Packs\Voice03.GPK

File16=Packs\Voice04.GPK

File17=Packs\Voice05.GPK

Now after you move these into the main installation folder -> Packs subfolder...

Open a plain text file, I used Notepad.

Copy and paste this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Install]

"StartMenu"=dword:00000001

"DeskTop"=dword:00000001

"AllUse"=dword:00000000

"Directory"="C:\\Overflow\\SCHOOLDAYS HQ"

"DiskCheck"=dword:00000000

"Company"="Overflow"

"Program"="SCHOOLDAYS HQ"

"Version"="1.00"

"Script"="1.00"

"FullInstall"=dword:00000001

When you are saving this, make sure you save it as .reg and NOT .txt I saved this as schooldays.reg to my desktop, and then opened/run the file. Click "yes" to add the entries to the registry and you are done!

Oh and if you installed School Days to a different directory than the normal " C:\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ " then update the .reg text file with the folder you installed the main program to.

Right-click the SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe and run as Administrator

It should work!

If it doesn't, try using AppLocale(if you don't have it, go download it off microsoft) and use it to run SCHOOLDAYS HQ.exe in the Japanese locale -> this works too!

I was really really surprised when this worked for me, as I spent hours looking at various guides and trouble-shooting tips but none worked, so I tried my own... I have been playing for a few hrs and even saving/loading is working also

UPDATE: THIS METHOD WORKS. It saves and loads fine. The audio works. The only tricky thing is that if you are a novice like me, when you are at the "SAVE AS .reg" part, it's the same as saving as "All files" instead of .txt. I only had two options for the save as part when using notepad, so if you do not know what I am talking about, click the non .txt file.

Edited by Toy
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a slight problem. I'm not sure if this issue has already been resolved or not. I manage to start the game up just fine, but whenever I click 'New Game', it does nothing but flash out for a bit and bring back to the main menu. No matter what I do, it continually just does that. Any help would be appreciated.

Issue #6: Video turns black on some parts of the game - Microsoft is to blame for this one if you've installed the latest Windows Updates. More info and solution HERE.

I have this problem in windows 10 and i don't know how to fix it.

help please

• 3 months later...

I really want to try this, but how do you copy the ISO to a folder to look at the files without mounting? I've tried pulling it up in 7zip and nothing comes up. Trying to just open the file only mounts it. I've tried mounting in PowerISO and with Daemon Tools but I get about halfway done with the first Disc and it has the "Files failed to copy" "Installation has cancelled" error. What do I need to do? Operating Win10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I seriously need help, it's the same just like with gunz, but, i've played first time and save it and closed the game,then i open the game on another day and i try to load i try to load, it quickly brings back to menu, no error message, no crash, just back to the menu, help x(...even when i press new game, the same thing happend x(...

• 7 months later...

Issue #4a: Black screen when opening the game (with sound) - Similar problem as Issue #4, only difference is that the game doesn't crash right away and you hear the sound from the title screen. Solution - you need to mount Disc 2 and start the game with it. It should work fine with that.

Black screen with sound, I think my daemon tools lite don't work help me please

Issue #4a: Black screen when opening the game (with sound) - Similar problem as Issue #4, only difference is that the game doesn't crash right away and you hear the sound from the title screen. Solution - you need to mount Disc 2 and start the game with it. It should work fine with that.

Black screen with sound, I think my daemon tools lite don't work help me please

Try playing this game on Windows XP, apparently, that's the OS that's most compatible with this VN, for some reason there are always issues of some sorts on Windows 7 and other OS's

• 2 months later...

Good Evening, Everybody

I try to download this game but I have alot of problems including when trying to do the Set-up, the only button that shows up is the Uninstall and when you do that and try to install, it ask you again to uninstall again :rolleyes:

and even if I can get the title screen, it does the best impression of the Endless Eight but it is Infinite and I am running out of patience with this game. Can anybody help me out on this.

Good Evening, Everybody

I try to download this game but I have alot of problems including when trying to do the Set-up, the only button that shows up is the Uninstall and when you do that and try to install, it ask you again to uninstall again :rolleyes:

and even if I can get the title screen, it does the best impression of the Endless Eight but it is Infinite and I am running out of patience with this game. Can anybody help me out on this.

I think that's a known problem with School Days because I remember hearing other people having similiar problem. Though, you didn't tell us what OS are you on xD

I think that's a known problem with School Days because I remember hearing other people having similiar problem. Though, you didn't tell us what OS are you on xD

Oh I am sorry about that, I am on Windows 10 but its funny that if its not my virus protection (with false readings), its the funky install box or infinite loop in the title screen.

Oh I am sorry about that, I am on Windows 10 but its funny that if its not my virus protection (with false readings), its the funky install box or infinite loop in the title screen.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe some people managed to fix the problem with installation by manually copying the files from DVD (or DVDs) to their HDD. I am not sure, but I think it's possible with School Days to do that. Try seeing what files are visible on the DVD. See if there's an .exe of the game inside and copy all of it manually.

Good Evening, Everybody

have you installed the game before? if you did that will prevent you from doing it again.

Try this: go to regedit, HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software and look there for a Overflow folder, if it exist delete it. That should fix your problem of only the uninstall button being available.

Alternatively you don't even need to use the installer, Make a Folder called School Days HQ anywhere, and mount Disc 1 and disc 2

Go to disc 1 and browse to Overflow>Schooldays hq copy everything there to your folder, then go to disc 2 and do exactly the same.

If you have the sdhq_patch_102 and want to apply it for bug fixes just run and point the installer to your folder. after this you are done.

your end result should be something like this:

BwenkP4wTlKcK3L-a-1lYg.png

run the schooldayshq.exe to play.

e07G0nnmSVaLSkZDXht-Hg.png

As you can see you don't need to use the installer to play the game on windows 10.

have you installed the game before? if you did that will prevent you from doing it again.

Try this: go to regedit, HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software and look there for a Overflow folder, if it exist delete it. That should fix your problem of only the uninstall button being available.

Alternatively you don't even need to use the installer, Make a Folder called School Days HQ anywhere, and mount Disc 1 and disc 2

Go to disc 1 and browse to Overflow>Schooldays hq copy everything there to your folder, then go to disc 2 and do exactly the same.

If you have the sdhq_patch_102 and want to apply it for bug fixes just run and point the installer to your folder. after this you are done.

your end result should be something like this:

BwenkP4wTlKcK3L-a-1lYg.png

run the schooldayshq.exe to play.

e07G0nnmSVaLSkZDXht-Hg.png

As you can see you don't need to use the installer to play the game on windows 10.

So that means I just copy all of the files off the mounts into the School Days HQ folder that I created? Thank you very much and I will like to try it out.