Sounds like you might not have properly uninstalled it the first time.

Try uninstalling the game via Registry.

delete the registration data by running regedit (you can just open up the start menu and type in regedit) and going to => HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Software => Overflow => SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Owww thank you so much, so back to the main problem, how do i solve it, the black screen and "SCHOOLDAYSHQ has stopped working"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I try to start the game this appears:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9681[/ATTACH]

Someone knows how fix it?

Do you have pspdisp installed? if you do uninstall it and it should work. Otherwise check your display. Are you running on 16bit color scheme (for who knows what reason)? change it to True Color (32 bit) if yes. If that still doesnt work try updating your card drivers.

Thanks for trying to help me iLoveTsundere, but it doesn't works: I don't have pspdisp installed (only pcsx2, one emulator of ps2) / My PC is running in True Color (32 Bit) / My card drivers are the last (GeForce 320.49 Driver 01/07/2013). Is the first game that show me this error.

Edited by Edelweiss3713
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I downloaded the 12GB file from Pirate Bay, and follow the instruction from youtube to mount the disc 1 and 2 (using PowerIso, deamon does not work on my laptop, for unknown reason). Then when I almost finished installing disc 2, the "failed to copy files, installation cancelled" message pops up. I have no idea what to do, searched google up and down but no one seems to have the solution for this. Please help ~~

• 3 weeks later...

Are there voices in this VN? because I downloaded it, installed it, and it played just fine but every time there was dialogue there were no voices. in the options it had a voice volume control and an option to turn male voices on/off so there might be but I don’t know for sure. I can hear the sound effects and background music just fine but it kinda takes some of the feeling out of the game if i cant hear the voices…

Are there voices in this VN? because I downloaded it, installed it, and it played just fine but every time there was dialogue there were no voices. in the options it had a voice volume control and an option to turn male voices on/off so there might be but I don’t know for sure. I can hear the sound effects and background music just fine but it kinda takes some of the feeling out of the game if i cant hear the voices…

Yes, there are voices. Maybe try fully reinstalling it.

I have a problem with the instalation, when it gets to 4000MB it suddenly frozen and cancel the instalation, with a message saying 'fail to copy files'. Help me please... I'm trying to play there are 3 days .... ):

I have the same issue :c please help! I though are a problem with event05.gpk because I tried copy manually and I couldn't

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having problems with the installation. I've downloaded and unpacked all the files, with no problem. Then I mounted CD1 using Isobuster. Then, opening the new folder, I clicked on setup. It launched the wizard, and again everything was working smoothly. It asked me for the directory, and I left the default one. It said that I had enough space on the hard drive. Then, as soon as I launched it, the computer gave the sound for something incorrect, and immediately created an empty folder.

For reference, I'm working on Parallels Desktop XP, running on Mac.

I'm honestly bad with computers, so I don't really know what to do...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm having problems with the installation. I've downloaded and unpacked all the files, with no problem. Then I mounted CD1 using Isobuster. Then, opening the new folder, I clicked on setup. It launched the wizard, and again everything was working smoothly. It asked me for the directory, and I left the default one. It said that I had enough space on the hard drive. Then, as soon as I launched it, the computer gave the sound for something incorrect, and immediately created an empty folder.

For reference, I'm working on Parallels Desktop XP, running on Mac.

I'm honestly bad with computers, so I don't really know what to do...

probably something is corrupted in your copy... redownloading it is a pain in the neck so try something else...

how about mounting it then just copy the files from the CD image manually...

I'm not familiar mac, so I can't exactly give any better answers...

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish to say that I read through every single page of this guide and through everyone's helpful advice, was able to fix up all my issues with playing the game (Damn windows Updates!). Thank you to every single one of you wonderful people and to this brilliant website. I've always wanted to play this game ever since reading the manga and was not disappointed.

• 2 months later...

I seem to be having sound problems for this game. The sound stutters, for example, if I mouse over a menu button, the game would beep twice, the beginning of voiced lines would play twice and the end would be cut off early (So som-so something like thi). I've patched the game to version 1.02. I'm using an Asus Xonar DGX sound card with the lastest drivers on Win7.

I seem to be having sound problems for this game. The sound stutters, for example, if I mouse over a menu button, the game would beep twice, the beginning of voiced lines would play twice and the end would be cut off early (So som-so something like thi). I've patched the game to version 1.02. I'm using an Asus Xonar DGX sound card with the lastest drivers on Win7.

You problem might not be sound related but codec related.

Just to take precautions, follow these steps to the letter:

-google "directx runtime installer" (download and install)

-google "microsoft NET framework" (download and install the latest version)

-google "k-lite codec pack full" (download and install. When asked what profile to install select: "LAV for everything")

Then try running the game again.

• 1 month later...
You problem might not be sound related but codec related.

Just to take precautions, follow these steps to the letter:

-google "directx runtime installer" (download and install)

-google "microsoft NET framework" (download and install the latest version)

-google "k-lite codec pack full" (download and install. When asked what profile to install select: "LAV for everything")

Then try running the game again.

Hey, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it is still happening after I downloaded and installed everything on the list.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem installing this game. Everything goes find until it reaches 10409mb of 11392mc complete and file packs sys.se.gpk which is where it freezes. I tried canceling the installation but the window doesn't close and stays there. I tried to copy the file from the disk but that it still doesn't finish and I've tried looking at the solution #1 but the link to the registry fix doesn't go anywhere for me. I'm not sure what to do next so any help would be great. I'm using Windows 8.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it is still happening after I downloaded and installed everything on the list.

I'm having the same issue as you, however, i'm getting close (hopefully) to finding a sollution.

At least I found what's causing it. It seems to be a setting in my Asus DSK sound card.

When I have "GX mode" turned ON it will repeat the audio fragments, but when its OFF, it won't.

It will however stop playing voices, so it's not really a helpfull fix.

Edit- Just did some tests, there seem to be 2 solutions to the no voice problem.

1- It's kindo obvious, but just plug your speakers/headphones into the onboard sound card.

2- Change your audio channel to 4 channels or less, paired with turning GX mode off, this seems to be the best solution.

Edited by warspite
Grammar
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone. It's about the link shared in the first message. It dosn't work and when i load my save it's say "Sript version doesn't match". I've ypdating the game to v1.02 and all that change is that's game become more unstable.

Someone have an idea to help me?

As usual - new game, new problems \o/

Issue #1: Movie02.gpk and Movie03.gpk installation error - Some people reported that their installation gets stuck when installing these files. This is a workaround - you need to mount Disc 1 and 2 (with Daemon Tools) and find a folder called "packs", copy (and overwrite them if needed) what's inside that folder to - C:\Overflow\SchoolDays HQ\packs (that's the default installation path, it will be located somewhere else if you choose to install the game in some other location). After that you need to add some stings to the registry (because the game creates them at the end of the installation, which didn't complete for you), otherwise you will get an error "Script version doesn’t match". Info and instructions how to add those can be found - HERE. Solution updated: Registry fix after manually moving the files added, credit goes to Smileynator and Snowbell.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with loading my save, i get the "Script version does not match" error.

I tried clicking the link to fix the registry thing, but it directs me nowhere and gives me a message of "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I have tried using every possible answer/fix i have found by google, but not one has worked, and i just continue to get the "Script version does not match" error, so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a problem with loading my save, i get the "Script version does not match" error.

I tried clicking the link to fix the registry thing, but it directs me nowhere and gives me a message of "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I have tried using every possible answer/fix i have found by google, but not one has worked, and i just continue to get the "Script version does not match" error, so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Literally the first result with google searching your problem:

(http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1240.0)

For anyone having saving/loading issues, to be more precise a issue with "Script version does not match.", this usually results from copy-pasting the game's content from the CD to your Hard-Drive to play thus having either a only partial registry key or just none, I suggest making the registry file to fix that, see below.

Here is the text that you can just copy-paste into a normal text file then rename its extension to .reg : (e.g. : anything.txt to anything.reg)

Note : If you did not install the game to its default dir.

You'll want to change C:\\Overflow\\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\\ to its proper path, don't forget the quotes.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Overflow\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\Install]

"StartMenu"=dword:00000001

"DeskTop"=dword:00000001

"AllUse"=dword:00000000

"Directory"="C:\\Overflow\\SCHOOLDAYS HQ\\"

"DiskCheck"=dword:00000000

"Company"="Overflow"

"Program"="SCHOOLDAYS HQ"

"Version"="1.00"

"Script"="1.00"

"FullInstall"=dword:00000001

(Smileynator's post doesn't exist anymore, that's why clicking the registry fix link in the OP of this thread doesn't work)