Visual Novels Translation Status [07/08/2012]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the anime, it's a big piece of shit, especially the second season. Oh and isn't there already a ef translation patch? So why wait for this one?!

Huh, I honestly didn't notice that there was a translation patch out for it already. Might try it if I finish my backlog of VNs before it releases.

Huh, I honestly didn't notice that there was a translation patch out for it already. Might try it if I finish my backlog of VNs before it releases.

I would just wait, especially of you have something to play in the meantime. The official version will probably be better, and it will have less-censored h-scenes.

Nah like dan said, wait for the official patch.

There is 1 slight problem with "waiting for the official patch". Ef - First Tale is coming out on 27th, that's all good and fine, it's only a few weeks from now. What about Latter Tale (it's being worked on) ? You're gonna wait for it again, while Ef Lite has both of them done already? I'm not trying to make you not buy it if you were planing on it, just wondering if some people can wait for the 1st part of the game and then wait again for the 2nd.

Edited by killerinsidee
There is 1 slight problem with "waiting for the official patch". Ef - First Tale is coming out on 27th, that's all good and fine, it's only a few weeks from now. What about Latter Tale (it's being worked on) ? You're gonna wait for it again, while Ef Lite has both of them done already? I'm not trying to make you not buy it if you were planing on it, just wondering if some people can wait for the 1st part of the game and then wait again for the 2nd.

haha..i wont able to do so if i've read first part....well he can read MG first tale and use the patch for 2nd tales~~

haha..i wont able to do so if i've read first part....well he can read MG first tale and use the patch for 2nd tales~~

that's what i'd do. i'm not patient enough to wait for the 2nd one if i've already played the 1st.

Unless you plan to buy it or really want to see less censorship in those 5 scenes from First Tale, there's not much point in waiting. I didn't notice any translation errors or grammatical errors when I was playing it.

Why not wait just a while for a better version, when you have something to play in the meantime?

Why not wait just a while for a better version, when you have something to play in the meantime?

actually..i think its just a few words difference...

i mean...there's no errors or anything with the whole VN

Unless you plan to buy it or really want to see less censorship in those 5 scenes from First Tale, there's not much point in waiting. I didn't notice any translation errors or grammatical errors when I was playing it.

Same here but like dan said, some people may want to have less censored h's.

Forget the anime, it's a big piece of shit, especially the second season. Oh and isn't there already a ef translation patch? So why wait for this one?!

What? I watched the anime and it was really good :S

What? I watched the anime and it was really good :S

The first season was pretty good, but the second season was awful. the put the best parts into season 1, then used the leftovers for season 2

If you liked the anime then you'll LOVE the visual novel, at least the latter tale.

Well, I only watched the first season of Ef and since you guys are calling the second season terrible I think I'll just play the VN instead of continuing the anime.

Well, I only watched the first season of Ef and since you guys are calling the second season terrible I think I'll just play the VN instead of continuing the anime.

The second season isn't terrible, but they messed up a big and emotional part of it. I would play and finish the VN first.

actually..i think its just a few words difference...

i mean...there's no errors or anything with the whole VN

From my understanding, NNL put a bunch of memes and other things in Ef Lite to be playful, and the MG release will have the actual translations instead of the meme phrases.

From my understanding, NNL put a bunch of memes and other things in Ef Lite to be playful, and the MG release will have the actual translations instead of the meme phrases.

I don't think there were many. Maybe a few instances.

I remember in one bad ending

After finishing the bad ending in the first tale in Kei's route, you saw a famous Willy Wonka video saying "you lose", etc.

Other than that, there maybe have been a few "memefied" sentences, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but MG put up percentages of where they are at certain points on their titles atm, and it looks like they plan to update when they can. (Looks like it hasn't been posted yet from poking around) As of today:

Otoboku: Maidens are falling for me!

- Translation: 100%

- CG De-mosaic: 100%

- Interface image editing: 100%

- Scripting/Insertion: 10%

- Beta Testing: -

Eroge!

- Translation: 70%

- CG De-mosaic: 100%

- Interface image editing: 0%

- Scripting/Insertion: 0%

- Beta Testing:-