What RPG's do you preffer, theres always Mass Effect, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate,Icewind Dale,Planescape Torment,Demon Souls,Enchanted Arms,Final Fantasy,Kingdom Hearts, Fable, Drakensang, Borderlands, Risen, Gothic, Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivion, Legend of Grimrock, Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, Wizardry, Temple of Elemental Evil(or w/e it was called), Vampire the Masquarade, Might & Magic,Avernum, Sacrifice, Ys, The Last Remnant, Persona, Breath of Fire, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Grandia, Pokemon, Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest.Thats it for those more known ones.

Edited by Daeverius

Well, I usually prefer turn-based strategy RPGs (like Disgaea, Agarest, Persona, etc), although the Tales Of series is one of my favorite so i dunno. Not really into RPGs like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or the like. Hate MMOs. So maybe you can cut down on your list based off of that?

How about you try Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel, one of my favorite games. The battle system is similiar to the Tales series and the story is one of the best (in my opinion). This is the third game in the series, and you don't have to play the first two to understand the story. But if you happen to find an interest, they are called Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia and Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. They are both for the ps2.

I will state at once that i didnt play all of those games so i dont know about some of those ,yet as a person who enjoys rpgs i heard about ALL of those i wrote and only in a good way(ME3 ending aside :D) also none of those are MMOs.

So heres updated list:

Mass Effect, Dragon Age,

Baldurs Gate,Icewind Dale,Planescape Torment,

KOTOR(Its a Star Wars game,gameplay is similiar to DA but this game is much better in my opinion, also Jedi), Fable(Fable 1 was awesome thats why i bolded it, rest can go to hell),

Risen, Gothic(Gothic 1 and 2 + Risen 1[didnt play 2] are awesome rpg games), Legend of Grimrock(for those of you who like dungeoning and dont care much about story)

Neverwinter Nights(both NWN1 and 2 are one of my favorites rpg games), Might & Magic(Its a Legend of Grimrock + Good story-Graphics),Breath of Fire, Monster Hunter, Pokemon

Demon Souls,Kingdom Hearts, Drakensang, Fallout,Arcanum, Wizardry,Temple of Elemental Evil(or w/e it was called), Vampire the Masquarade,Avernum, Ys,

Persona,Zelda, Chrono Trigger,Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest

Enchanted Arms,Final Fantasy, Borderlands, Skyrim, Oblivion, The Last Remnant , Grandia.

Most of those are PC games too, if you want them only on consoles say so i will narrow list some more.(Such a pity for Planescape though).

So heres a quick rundown:

Game -are games that you mentioned that you didnt like

Game -are awesome games that should every fan of rpgs play

Game- used it only on Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Planesceape Torment. Why ? Because by far those are best rpgs ever made with Planesceape being BEST rpg ever,has to be yet dethroned. Also those games were made by Bioware.

Game -are games i didnt play so i cant say much about them, use at your own risk :D

Game -They are also good games, its just that those that were (B) by me are better in my own opinion

Also i will say this once again , i heard about all of those game many good words, even if i didnt play them they should be good enough for everyone to play. NONE OF THOSE are MMOs(when i said Drakensang i didnt mean Drakensang Online but series Drakensang (River of Time etc.)).

If you need more help just give me a sign.

I agree with Planescape Torment, that simply is still one of the best RPG's ever made (next to Baldur's Gate 1&2), a goddamn masterpiece, i already suggested it to rahrah earlier.

Btw is there any widescreen HD kinda fix for planescape? Cause the last time i played i had troubles adjusting again to oldskool 800x600 resolution :p

And btw almost every game listed there (except Risen & Neverwinter nights 2) can be run on an old piece of shit pc, if you'd be interested to give it a try.

NOTICE: IM TRYING TO NOT WRITE THOSE GAMES I WROTE BEFORE!

Those games here are those rpgs that have more action in them.

Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning, Dragons Dogma, Two Worlds, Divnity II, Witcher.

Those games here are considered cRPG(Im using site to remember some of the games, there way too many of them,and site has this kind of distinction between genres).

Phantasy Star. Dunno why theres almost none games for this genre(There was new Fallout 3 , Dragon Age and etc but i wrote them before).

And finally those games you might be most interested in jRPGs.

Star Ocean, MagnaCarta, Record of Agarest, Rainbow Moon, Atelier Ayesha, White Knight Chronicles, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces, Resonance of Fate, Enchanted Arms, Rune Factory, Ni No Kuni, Cross Edge, Ar Tonelico.

Im not playing a lot of jRPGs so i cant tell much about them, just look up some gameplay on Youtube and see if you will like it.

• 3 weeks later...
Great game as far as i can tell, I just cant work the combat system

Both games are freakin awesome, especially the humor. The combat system is a little bit weird, I've to agree there. Anyway, you can pretty much forget about Gothic 3 and 4, both of them are shitty and bugs are everywhere. I mean Gothic 3 was only playable after some guys released a community patch.