Yeah, this is going to be airing here real soon so I guess i'll make a thread for it. I don't really have any clue what this series is about except cringy stuff, so sign me up.

Here's the pretty unique and awesome OP. I probably don't see this anime garner much discussion, but whatever. This is probably the only anime i'll be watching this season so I had to do something.

Edited by desi
fixed video that was taken down

OP and ED (with her singing off-key which makes it awesome) are both pretty nice. First ep was good and hopefully they can keep up that type of quality.

Trying to best Shaft.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7a07d2ab3e89787f6a342dbfe3963a84/tumblr_mpnb4mFYpd1r472txo1_500.gif

Oh, and it's pretty funny that the younger brother is voiced by Kyousuke from Oreimo.

Wow, GREAT first episode. To be honest, it's not often that I laugh out loud from watching any anime... it's usually more like a low snicker/snort/whatever, right? But this first episode of Watamote actually pulled it off. Mission accomplished I guess.

Kuroki Tomoko was even more awesome and funny than I thought she'd be.

First ep was great!

Female protag acts like Hachiman but she still clings to a hope that her life can take a turn in a better direction.

Relationship with her younger brother is a wicked parody of oreimo siblings.

There`s a shitload of scenes that made me laugh really hard.

And even if she acts and looks all gloomy and dark, I still think that there`s a lot of hidden cuteness potential inside.

Looks like this will be one of my favorites this season.

Ep 1 -

First off, @desi about the head tilt - myanimelist.net/people/6753/Oonuma_Shin -> co-directed stuff with Shinbo (Pani Poni \o/). I'm really surprised how well this works in anime form. I really liked the insane animation style. This "gloomy" style kinda expected, but they added a bunch of effects and "imaginations" that are not in the manga, which took it to an whole new level. The Seiyuu are cool, even though having Kyousuke in it is a bit distracting. Hopefully we'll hear Kuroneko next week as the Kuroki's middle school friend. I'm hoping they run out of manga material and add new stuff to the anime, that would be kinda nice. This one is definitely a surprise of the season.

EP2 did not disappoint! At least not for me it didn't. They're keeping the quality up. Mokocchi is awesome and funny, plain and simple. "Screenshot moments" all over the place in this anime.

But there's more than just comedy in there, that's for sure.

[spoiler=EP2]Kuroneko, welcome! Glad to see you again.

• 2 weeks later...

ep 4

So many nice screenshot worthy moments:

ss (2013-08-06 at 08.39.08).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.42.04).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.49.11).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.50.09).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.51.38).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.52.21).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.56.37).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.57.20).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 08.58.31).jpg

[Her father is kind, so kind it hurts. ]

ep 5

[i was expecting her to get at least one friend by now, yet all she menages is to resurrect and rely on her old contact with a classmate from previous school and annoy her brother.]

ss (2013-08-06 at 09.22.39).jpgss (2013-08-06 at 09.23.34).jpg

Edited by Erika Furudo