Visual Novels Translation Status [07/28/2013]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a very...umm....accurate scale you have there.

It will go in the history book as:

hyro´s accurate formula to discover the sluttyness level on a character!

It´s probably gonna be used worldwide.

Either we both read a different VN or your just trolling. It was never about Mio's personal need for money. Though she is a slut.

Did you even play her route? The hairclip thingy she's wearing is actually nothing but pure gold and so you can probably imagine its price. In her past Mio really wanted to have that hairclip but didn't have the money for it and so she raised a credit. Since then she's busy with paying that money back and because of this she obviously ended up being a slut.

WTF 2 AIR projects? First all the hobos didn't do jackshit for 13 years and now they all want their own version? Couldn't they talk to Sheeta so that either she or them are free for other projects? This is ridiculous, what crazy shit will happen next - a retranslation of Ixrec's early works or another JAST version of an old fantranslated game? Bitches, please...

Oh great, what a mess. Well, I suppose we'll see how this plays out. It's completely beyond me as to why you'd have two translation projects...

I suppose an optimistic view would be that we'd have Air sooner rather than later, but, then again, I'm not entirely confident as to the quality of the translation.

Sheeta's project started on August 2012 when she picked up Air's after Edger dropped it. On December 2012, Aozaki made a thread in Fuwanovel expressing his/her desire to translate Air, regardless whether it already has an existing project or not. They are picking up where the first translation left (the one before Edger, some team called EnterTheWired, who machine translated Air before they got C&D'ed by Visual Art's), so they only have to translate another 40%.

Ixrec contacted the site hosting the project but it seems like a compromise is out of the question.

Two months later, Aozaki announced that his Air project is dead.

Then suddenly after a few months, a new site called Gao Gao translation lead by Aozaki appeared and today they announced (on their hosting site) that they have finished Air translation project. Presumably, he has gone underground to avoid unwanted attention due to two separate projects for the same VN.

Thus, Sheeta has been defeated.

Edit: Made it looks proper. Added additional detail, and correcting info. Done.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
That's just a hobby of certain forum dwellers here. It has the same meaning as "I'm bored".

Correction. It was Sheeta who first accused it. I'm sure she is very bored right now.

I do wonder why's everyone's accusing this of being M. Tl'ed though...I mean we haven't even seen their work yet so lets not jump to conclusions now...

Tell that to her.

Side note:

So yes, it seems like the 60% portion by the first translation is "MT" at best, just need editing to "make it looks good".

^ We need a centralized news site that keeps track of all those stupid sites. Who can actually remember all that stuff from every forum?^^ As for this incident, I understand Sheeta's twitter post as sarcasm, meaning she will continue (duh, of course she doesn't just shits her panties and quits....)

My little jab with was more aimed at Ulti, who's always quick to use the forbidden MT-word...

My little jab with was more aimed at Ulti, who's always quick to use the forbidden MT-word...

I see. Well, just to clarify, I used it because she did. I don't go accusing people of using MT unless it is Cudder (FH) or you-know-who.

As for this incident, I understand Sheeta's twitter post as sarcasm, meaning she will continue

I think the news caught her by surprise. It was, unexpected, even to me.

I will have all of you know. We at Gao Gao do not use Machine Translations...That's kind of why it took so long to redo The existing scripts. All Machine translations have been removed and redone. Kthxbye.