The Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Whew, it's been awhile since I've said anything. Right now we're in a rut due to TL Checking problems, but we're not just gonna throw our hands in the air and give up. While some of the team has been TL Checking, we didn't have a true checker until Nightfall joined the project. It's currently halted editing, but this is a problem with a clear solution. No worries.

On a personal note, I've been suffering from burn out mixed with real life issues, hence my lack of involvement in anything project related lately. I've just been trying to recuperate and regain my mental bearings so I can work at 110% like I want to be doing. I do plan on becoming active once more though, since I want this project to succeed as badly as the rest of the team. I do apologize for my personal inactivity. Like I said, some of the team is just going through some things that take priority, even if we want this to be priority #1.

It's a huge project, instead of just racing to get as much done asap a clear schedule of tasks and deadlines may help. Make the timetable laid back but allow people to do more if they wish, that way the ones who are feeling most productive can do a lot but those who aren't won't burn out and give up altogether instead they will probably just choose to do the minimum for a while. In my experience that is the best way to keep large internet based projects going (no experience with translating though so things may be different for you.)

Other than that if the worst should happen I hope the work that has been done thus far is saved somewhere so you can release it if someone else wants to pick up the torch. other than that keep up the goodwork I am really looking forward to this one.

Just a reminder, we need a TL Checker right now. We have one, but he's been inactive for a bit and we wanted multiple anyway. Right now we can not edit without a TL Checker. That means that there is no progress being made on the editing side until we have someone to TL Check on a regular basis.

If you can, or know anyone that can and would be willing, send me a message. For those who don't know, a TL Checker's job would essentially be to read over the translations and edit any mistranslations, inconsistencies, and any other miscellaneous things like that. Strong ability to read kanji is a must, solid grasp of English is a plus, but the editors will edit so don't feel to pressured.

Like I said, if you or anyone you know can help, message me. Thanks guys!

As for progress, we're a little past the halfway mark on translating, but editing...*sigh* these things happen.

Edited by TheRetroGoat
its not even there in the link i posted. no mention of it, except for the discussions page

It seems like you don't understand my question. Let's say that hypothetically, you want to add a release for this project, are you going to list it as freeware or commercial? Are you going to list MG as the publisher? Does MG will "definitely" localize it officially? I think it's probably better to wait for "official statement" without any misleading words and half truths before adding a release entry for this type of project, thought that was just me.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
It seems like you don't understand my question. Let's say that hypothetically, you want to add a release for this project, are you going to list it as freeware or commercial? Are you going to list MG as the publisher? Does MG will "definitely" localize it officially? I think it's probably better to wait for "official statement" without any misleading words and half truths before adding a release entry for this type of project, thought that was just me.

i see. i am quite naive on such matters, thanks

• 1 month later...
i was wondering when you finish translating this game can you translate code geass lost color for the psp

(Quick clarification as to why I can say the following things: I'm one of the two main translators for the SKM project.)

There would sadly be quite a few problems with that: 1) SKM is absolutely massive, so we really shouldn't be promising to do other projects until we are much farther along on our current project. 2) Despite what I just said as point #1, the plan already seems to be that we go to Moeshouden once we finish SKM. 3) I've never tried to pull text an such from a PSP game, and I don't know if there is currently anyone on the team who has.

Admittedly, #3 is easily solvable with a new recruit to the team (or looking up a quick tutorial if Lost Color has simpler code behind it than SKM), but 1 and 2 would be major roadblocks at present to saying we could do that game. As for the answer when those three points dissolve a bit, that would depend on what the translators want since this can be somewhat tedious work unless you really like the game you're translating, so I would have to look up more about that game before I would be able to think about translating it.

the plan already seems to be that we go to Moeshouden once we finish SKM

A...are those tears... I can only pray for you all to be able to finish it all without being broken and that you will hopefully also make some nice cash out of it. Godspeed and may the blessing of moe and ecchi be with you.

i dont mind its just the guy who was translating the project has already stop doing the translation of the game since he was the only one and that it will take him five years to fully translate the game by himself and i was kinda like damn man that sucks because i think code geass lost color is a fun game and theirs not a lot of walkthrough for the game usually pressing random buttons did well for me in three different route but since am doing another route its really hard since pressing random buttons doesnt work and then i died and have to start where i last saved am not forcing u to translate it all am saying is mabye you can try to translate it with ur group or something lol like right now i have no idea where am going with this conversation well anyway good luck skm cant wait for the english patch for it also ru going to do the third one as well just wondering