Visual Novels Translation Status [06/29/2014]

^

True, like it happened to DCIII. When it comes to VNs from MG's or JAST's partners, the best thing is to just keep quiet about the whole thing and put out a patch when it's ready. Hell, if you put out a quality TL patch they could even buy the script from you, assuming that they're not working on it themselves. A good example is Aroduc. While he didn't TL VNs related to MG or JAST, his "not announcing the project" trick worked pretty well against C&Ds. Doubt he did it just to mess with people.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the fortune arterial project?. Seemed close to being done in the last update but that was november. Did he just go mia?.

It died a bloody painful death. Don't expect it to be picked up again anytime soon.

On another note, I wonder if anyone will ever pick up Kamikaze Explorer. That game seems to be teetering between TL groups, but no one actually picks it up. Ever since Wairu dropped it 2 years prior to dropping Majikoi and dying, I've seen at least 4 TL groups consider picking it up INLCUDING Loe Quality. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Well i hope somebody picking up Kamikaze Explorer too, that game so very awasome out, i hope Kohaku Translations can pick up Kamikaze Explorer when they are finish translating Tokeijikake no Ley Line -Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen-

Well i hope somebody picking up Kamikaze Explorer too, that game so very awasome out, i hope Kohaku Translations can pick up Kamikaze Explorer when they are finish translating Tokeijikake no Ley Line -Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen-

While it would be awesome to have them translate it, they are planning on translating all three games in the Ley Line trilogy, so they're going to be busy with that for a hell of a long time. If they do end up doing Kamikaze, it's not going to be for a long time and we might as well forget about it. No, we need to find another group.

Yo Shadowlance, got a favor to ask you.

I really wanna know what this means

http://i.imgur.com/KZArlM5.jpg

So if you could do me a big favor and Attempt to Tl it : D

I will try once I get back to my computer so I can load the image. My data on my phone is too limited right now to display it. If you put whatever it is as text I can give it a shot, but I only have 2 days of service left so please be hasty with it if it's important... I get back to my desktop in 4 days though.

^

True, like it happened to DCIII. When it comes to VNs from MG's or JAST's partners, the best thing is to just keep quiet about the whole thing and put out a patch when it's ready. Hell, if you put out a quality TL patch they could even buy the script from you, assuming that they're not working on it themselves. A good example is Aroduc. While he didn't TL VNs related to MG or JAST, his "not announcing the project" trick worked pretty well against C&Ds. Doubt he did it just to mess with people.

Didn't NNL do that tactic as well with EF? Honestly I still thinks it's bonkers that a C&D can be issued for just TRANSLATING a story - I get the whole piracy aspect, that just obvious - but if someone bought a legit copy of the VN overseas, it jsut doesnt make sense they cannot use a fan patch to TL it, lol. Even if a localization group like MG has a vested interest - woulden't be "whoever finishes it first, wins"?

Ah well, maybe I'm just still bitter about DC3, esp. at the retardly slow TL rate of MG compared to the original TL pace.

What is funny with that Gerard?

I can't speak for Gerard directly - but it's unlikely Kohaku Translations will be free for the next couple years, lol. :)

They plan on all three Ley line titles (knocks on wood for good luck), as the 3 vn's make up a trilogy.

Edited by Some guy

I didn't know Tokeijikake no Ley Line -Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen- had trilogy, so I didn't think much about it but since it have trilogy so do I understand at Kohaku Translations would be very busy, I'm really looking forward to play Tokeijikake no Ley Line -Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen- very much

about kamikaze, some guy in wairu was translating but he found out it had alot of h-scenes and they don'0t like tling that shit so it's dropped perhaps there's a patch lying around im not sure

and about majikoi S/A Wairu said "Im the english translator everyone needs, but not the one that they deserve"

lel'd

from the look i thought she was more like a character with a overabundance of energy that never shut up and stop moving for a sec.

She actually is, but that doesn't strike me as an especially annoying trait.

Still like usual the childhood friend will probably end up being the most annoying character for me.

Don't say that. Being a childhood friend doesn't mean one is an annoying character.

For example take... uhh... err... right, Asuho from Hoshimemo was a nice childhood friend. Took me a lot of time to come up with one who's a stereotype and still a nice childhood friend, so I have to say I'm quite proud of myself.

though after 20 min into MML Yuuna was already... let's say difficult for me to handle... doesn't mean her route is bad though.

Damn, I don't like airhead characters either =(

Why not, they're easy to manipulate ...err, influence for the protagonist ^^

But you posted a link of Mashiro and so I shall forgive you.

She's one of those few characters whose name just has to come up somewhere in your argument and boooom: the whole eroge community will acknowledge your opinion as the right one.

She's one of those few characters whose name just has to come up somewhere in your argument and boooom: the whole eroge community will acknowledge your opinion as the right one.

I'm pretty sure that only a tiny part of the whole eroge community (mainly me) cares about Mashiro while the other part (everybody except me) don't give a shit about her but whatever...

I'm pretty sure that only a tiny part of the whole eroge community (mainly me) cares about Mashiro while the other part (everybody except me) don't give a shit about her but whatever...

Huh?! Like seriously?!? The community doesn't care that much about Mashiro!? ...I feel a slight gap open between me and the rest of the world...

... well then I'll be part of that proud minority I guess^^

about kamikaze, some guy in wairu was translating but he found out it had alot of h-scenes and they don'0t like tling that shit so it's dropped perhaps there's a patch lying around im not sure

and about majikoi S/A Wairu said "Im the english translator everyone needs, but not the one that they deserve"

lel'd

No but that's the problem - they had a lot of the common route translated and then they never released their partial patch of it.

Ah well, maybe I'm just still bitter about DC3, esp. at the retardly slow TL rate of MG compared to the original TL pace.

Ignorance is a sin. You do know that DC3 TL was a machine translation effort? I don't know about you but I prefer to wait for a proper

translation than make my eyes bleed with MTL crap. *cough*Flyable Heart*cough*

Yes i agree with Standard on that one, i dont like machine translation at all, its so damn annyoing, it Should not exit at all, it much better to wait for proper translation and igjoner machine translation

Ignorance is a sin. You do know that DC3 TL was a machine translation effort? I don't know about you but I prefer to wait for a proper

translation than make my eyes bleed with MTL crap. *cough*Flyable Heart*cough*

I admit I took "Translation Progress: 34%" for granted; I did not bother d/ling a partial back then, because I can't stand partials. :p

HOWEVER, I might not have tried the patch myself - but I am aware the commen route was fully TL'd; the reason for the machine TL you reffered to is explained in a old post during the TL project:

Source: http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/2013/03/da-capo-iii-common-route-fully-translated-now-playable/

By Aaeru March 19th 2013:

Hey I told Jichi that the default settings should be set to community subs (i.e. u see my subs as soon as u hook the game). but i think it may not have worked for some ppl.

if it’s coming out as really bad strangled broken english, that’s the machine translator

cause jichi wants his thing to be machine TL engine as defaults FIRST…….. THEN community subs. i told him to make it community subs first.

Because some people were asking me if they can play the common route (which is fully translated now but they are raw translations)

Thus impliying it required the proper hooking with Visual Novel Reader. Perhaps you were one of those few that had the patch and/or text hooker setup incorrectly?

If it really had been just another Flyable Heart scenerio, there would have been alot more noise on the net about it being a fake patch, but on Aaeru's site there nothing but people grateful at the time for the patch - and malice for Aaeru on vndb (which I ignore, spite and venom is pointless and silly).

Edited by Some guy
grammer slammer bammer jammer