Visual Novels Translation Status [08/03/2014]

I'm not going comeplain When game come out

Do I even need to start explaining how hypocritical this is? "I'm not going to complain"... that is all you've been doing. And, what's more, Crazyboy is right - if you aren't going to pay for the game you have zero rights to voice anything about it, opinion, complaint, or otherwise about the release date and how the company should serve you. JAST can take their time.

Sigh yes I agree with Soren619, so because of fucking stupid JAST USA we can't play Seinarukana 2 for very long time,

I'm not going to buy it

Neither do I, that's why I am here instead of hanging out at Jast "dead" forum. And we all get it, Jast is super slow, and that's where the "soon" came from and we all make fun of it. But, you don't see us bashing Jast as extreme as you usually do, did you? Venting your frustation at the companies for not being able to pirate their products faster will just make you look like a self-entitled pricks. It will be released when they released it, otherwise, pretend it doesn't exist. It isn't like posting your frustration here will have any effect whatsoever. Lol

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Mangagamer bringing Eden in the west, also all profit from Eden will go on the localization of Supipara.

Looking to the future with minori | MangaGamer Staff Tumblr

It's nice to have Eden* at least, but I'm kind of skeptical about the Supipara "funding" thing. There was some interview with the president of Minori a while back and he said that the development costs a shitload of money. It's a really short game (2-10 hours) so they can't exactly put a $50 price tag on it. They said "once the profits from eden release 100k, we'll do supipara ch1, at 200k, we'll do ch2" then "however, the sum profit from all 3 games will then be going into the development of the rest of supipara". It's really hard to tell if they can pull off 200k from Eden*. They are better off just making some Kickstarter thing tbh.

About that "chapters of Supipara released here in the West FIRST! BEFORE JAPAN!" - as cool as it sounds, won't Minori risk pissing off some of their main fanbase by releasing the stuff to "hentai gaijin" first? It's a bit funny, the Minori who put draconian drm on older games, especially on Eden*, willing to release stuff outside of Japan first.

Edit: Someone did ask about KS and they said "Because both us at mangagamer and minori want to be more professional about this". I hope their confidence pays off.

Edited by killerinsidee

MangaGamer Staff Blog » Blog Archive » Announcements from Otakon 2014!

Otakon 2014 announcements from Mangagamer, pretty much just the above titles in a single post.

And since they are calling the adult version of Eden* for Plus Mosaic I guess it will still be censored as with the previous Minori releases, although maybe a bit less so than the original Japanese version.

(I don't particularly mind but it would be nice to have it all uncensored of course.)

MangaGamer Staff Blog » Blog Archive » Announcements from Otakon 2014!

Otakon 2014 announcements from Mangagamer, pretty much just the above titles in a single post.

And since they are calling the adult version of Eden* for Plus Mosaic I guess it will still be censored as with the previous Minori releases, although maybe a bit less so than the original Japanese version.

(I don't particularly mind but it would be nice to have it all uncensored of course.)

Did that article seriously state they wish to "make the western market an equal in the visual novel industry"? don't mean to be a debbie downer but, talk about optimism..

Did that article seriously state they wish to "make the western market an equal in the visual novel industry"? don't mean to be a debbie downer but, talk about optimism..

I don't know if I would trust that article to be accurate so far ahead in time. Give it another few months and see what's going on, we'll need to see where the funding goes for their other games first, and they of course will advertise first, so we can see that as well. Good post thoguh, glad it was brought up.