Japanese Government Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy

There's a rumor saying that japanese government will shutdown all anime website and manga website. Try google it. There's a lot of it. Most people say that they focus on china website (what will happen if japan succeed close China website ? Maybe they will target another all website on net) and a lot of people think japan will never able to shutdown china anime website. But honestly i'm still worried that i can't download anime again Who know what kind of amazing thing japan will do to protect their anime. I want to know what you think about this (If tell something wrong please tell me about it:o)

it's MAG-project, or so they said, their target generally all of the world, but mainly, China, America, and Japan themselves.. they said they loss about 2 trillion yen because of piracy in America, and about 560 billion yen in China

in short, they only going to warn the targeted website to stop uploading manga and anime starting from 1 August, but not all of them, only 580 titles they listed, which is 500 mangas and 80 animes... and it's not like piracy will met its end because of this, so far I still have no problem downloading anime or read manga...

then, they will launch catalog website to tell you how to access anime and manga legally and the importance to buy the original... well, that's what I know

so I think should just stay calm...

Edited by nicetomeet

well, yeah.. though I don't know if that number true or not... that's what I get from the sources I know.. let's just consider it as joke for now..

I'm not particularly worried too, they plan to take down many (maybe too many) websites there, so I doubt it will went well, though they main focus are that 580 titles... let just get along with it for now and good luck for them

that aside, they said that Japanesse Government has bought NT too.

and a lot of people think japan will never able to shutdown china anime website

Which's understandable because I can't imagine that countries like the USA or China would close websites if Japan asks them to do so either. Basically this means for USA/China to do what Japan wants and to follow their orders/demands. It's not going to happen. The only sites that Japan will be able to close are the ones in their own land and maybe in some minor asian nations.

If they did try shutting down anime/manga piracy it would send a message, but then they would severely shooting themselves in the foot as they're not going to get the "lost" revenue and people will not buy as many anime DVD and merchandise since "culture" spread is limited.

If they wanted to reduce piracy then they simply need to modernize, if the options do not fit the viewers then the viewers themselves will take it into their hands which increases piracy.

Maybe then and just maybe US-fanbase would show "positive" support localization companies a bit more, because in it's current state we pray for company's like Funimation to do worse over-time as it is "sticking it to the man".

Edited by huyhn