Visual Novels Translation Status [04/19/2015]

Also wtf, this is supposed to be the translation status thread so what are we doing?

is this anything different from normal? not much more to talk about since it'll probably be several weeks (at minimum) till we get a new translated VN to talk about. still looking forward to koiken otome though i have no idea how long till it'll be done.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye I went through them all as well, its a shit load guessing what game it is you might as well throw darts at the list :p hope its not something shit.

In other news Witch's Garden got udated TL: 25173/67201 (37.46%) huge props to the guy since its a huge project. The emote system is quite kwl animation wise kinda like Ef was but more fluid :

ef didn't have any animation at all other than lip synching.

It had, that I can remember, simple animations for lips, eyelids, walking movements during close ups, the two openings made by Shinkai Makoto and an animated ending.

---

I noticed on db that a patch for Higurashi Hou was released in january... has anyone tried it?

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
I noticed on db that a patch for Higurashi Hou was released in january... has anyone tried it?

Haven't tried it, but that guy originally put the translated chapters as videos on YouTube. Some peopleA guy on reddit said it's some kind of edited machine translation or whatever (http://i.imgur.com/NQHf5wJ.jpg) ... I dunno, it didn't look that bad from what I saw on YouTube. This patch release is probably improved also.

But anyway, those chapters will be translated by MG eventually.

Edited by Harlequin
Haven't tried it, but that guy originally put the translated chapters as videos on YouTube. Some people on reddit said it's some kind of edited machine translation or whatever... I dunno. It didn't look that bad from what I saw on YouTube. This patch release is probably improved also.

But anyway, those chapters will be translated by MG eventually.

The fact that Hou was going to be translated by MG got under my radar too, good to know.

EDIT : The guy who translated Koi iro Chu! Lips is also working on a new project its not on the list "50% nailed! (Specifically 50.316% Lines). " hes half way the only hint he has given is that its an Alicesoft title. "I suppose I can say that it's not part of the Rance series, making it a different side of AliceSoft than what people are use to seeing." So its not rance and he said its a genre shift from koi iro so any guesses?

Denwatls - Bravenet Blog

Well hey, someone actually remembered us, that's pretty neat. I know we're not listed on the tracker yet, but with 75% coming up (likely this week unless something strange happens) we're going to be talking about the release schedule, specifically that we'll announce it once translation is at 100% and we go into editing. Until then feel free to keep guessing~.

JAST has put Shiny Days up for pre-order and on their forums they have given a release estimate of June/July. This is JAST, though, never trust a release date. They most certainly want to get it out before summer is over, though. No Sumaga pre-order yet so they might miss their summer estimate for that. Now, for the bad news. A few scenes featuring Kokoro and her schoolmates are being cut from Shiny Days. It seems like the translators and editors who worked on the game threatened to quit if it shipped with that content. It is my understanding that Sekai Project are actually the ones who worked on the translation, hired by JAST. So it seems like SP doesn't want their brand attached to lolicon stuff and that means Shiny Days will be censored. So there's that.

Well hey, someone actually remembered us, that's pretty neat. I know we're not listed on the tracker yet, but with 75% coming up (likely this week unless something strange happens) we're going to be talking about the release schedule, specifically that we'll announce it once translation is at 100% and we go into editing. Until then feel free to keep guessing~.

I mentioned you in the fuwanovel alicesoft thread a few days ago, too, and I think you were mentioned on 4chan once or twice. People haven't completely forgotten! Keep fighting the good fight.

Oh man, Alicesoft's library is insane. You're going to have us guessing til the bitter end. Sounds like fun.

It's probably not Daiteikoku or Daiakuji, as those games are massive. Probably not Toshin Toshi 3, as even the guy that did the other 2 Toshin Toshi games said that one was kind of balls. Galzoo Island...might still have someone else translating it...I'm not sure if that project is alive. And we don't even know if it's a straight VN or a gameplay VN.

I'm just gonna guess Darcrows.

Daiteikoku

That needs to happen, 'cause genderbent Hitler. : p

Well if what Crucifixx said is true, then it's supposed to be a genre shift from Koi iro Chu! Lips. That one is a pretty generic school romance VN, going by the tags.

So maybe something like this https://vndb.org/v958 - no gameplay. I'm hoping it'll be a title with some kind of gameplay since Alice Soft is obviously good at that, but it might not be.

it's a shame about Shiny Days,but I already expected for it to happen.

What's worse is that since it's all videos,we can't really expect somebody else to translate and restore those scenes through a patch,right?

This post from Peter Payne pretty much says that there will be a patch.

Here's the forum thread where they talk about that stuff: https://connect.jastusa.com/support/discussions/topics/5000047459/page/4

Edit: To clarify, there's a lot of complaints on the forum about the censorship. The post I linked was the last response Peter made (for today I guess).

Edited by Harlequin

The community is salty, peter payne is salty at the saltiness, everyone is mad at everyone. Good times in VN Land today.

But yes, peter has made it as clear as it is possible to make it that there will be an "unofficial" restoration patch released shortly after the game's release, made by JAST.

Edited by Decay

I mentioned you in the fuwanovel alicesoft thread a few days ago, too, and I think you were mentioned on 4chan once or twice. People haven't completely forgotten! Keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks! That's reassuring to hear, especially considering the rather ....'imaginative' nature of the comments we saw in the older 4-chan archives. Seems following Aroduc's stye of keeping quiet until near release was quite a prudent move after all. Anyways, I'll be sure to pass the new on to Fuwa, we have accounts on the major VN sites we know of for the sake of searching out issues and bugs, but it is quite the task to follow all the conversations manually (something koiiro highlighted for us, very rarely will one hear of typos and similar matters directly).

It's always better to have a surprise present than an over-anticipated let-down, so don't guess too hard~.

But yes, peter has made it as clear as it is possible to make it that there will be an "unofficial" restoration patch released shortly after the game's release, made by JAST.

Isnt that like a big fuck you to the translators who dont want that??

Not sure if it's old news (and it's not really TL news, but hey close enough), but it looks like angel beats was pushed back another month to the 24th of June for its JP release if their

is anything to go by.

I'm not particularly concerned considering it'll be bloody ages before we get an English translation anyway, but having the JP game as polished as possible before its release is probably a good thing.