mangagamer vs jast usa  

33 members have voted

1. 1. mangagamer vs jast usa

• jast usa
    • mangagamer

I favor JAST myself. They localize more games I'm interested in, and their current "in translation" lineup is very good. They're slow, but they've also been around longer. They're also more likely to be around 5 years from now than Mangagamer.

MG... Even though it probably was the first and last time they toke on something non-nukige, they DID translate KNS and higurashi (with grammar errors or not :))

In general, I like JAST's lineup more, but those two probably leave me in favor of MG.

Reading this topic remind me of how Jast fallen from it hayday

As for MG I remember day, that a lot of people hate them (mostly due to bad translation)

now it the Jast who took all the beating

well..bad translation was because they have a bad translator

and they were just new in the business

so i actually dont see that it was in a bad sense.

but..JAST have taken a major step back..

more like they actually let MG take over everything

well..bad translation was because they have a bad translator

and they were just new in the business

so i actually dont see that it was in a bad sense.

Actually I too, dont feel the hate toward MG at that time at all.

I enjoyed reading Edelweiss not notice any bad grammar until i read about it bad on the internet

well probably my English wasnt storng enough to detect those mistake anyway 5555

Mangagamer has come a long way. Kouryuu in particular has helped improve the operation. Unfortunately, their marketing is still subpar, and their sales are so low they can't license decent games. They remind me a lot of G-Collections, which was absorbed into the J-List empire years ago.

Mangagamer shows up to conventions and sells stuff (they often bring guests and sometimes host a big event). They also do interviews with news outlets like Anime News Network and occasionally announce sales through them. They have affiliate links on VNDB, they cross-promote with a few OELVN makers, and they now have hard copies available at other outlets such as RightStuf and J-List. They also make use of social media like Twitter and Facebook.

Whether you consider all that "marketing" or not is a subjective matter I suppose, but they're at least making some effort to get the word out.

I'm not allowed to prefer JAST in a thread that's polling a preference between JAST and Mangagamer? I didn't realize the poll had a correct answer.

JAST still releases games. Sometimes. Like once a year.

more like..

i was in shocked that you still follow that outdated company..

they already broken..and near to bankruptcy i believe

JAST has been around for ~15 years. They've watched other companies come and go, and at times they've been the only localization company left standing. They're working on a ton of games at once, and mostly non-nukige at that. On top of that, they have the entire Peter Payne J-List empire behind them as a financial buffer. They know how to market games, and they know what sells.

Contrast this with Mangagamer, who entered the market 5 years ago and has been struggling to stay profitable ever since. Not too long ago (a few months to a year), the Japanese people in charge publicly expressed concern that Mangagamer might not be around 5 years from now. They're churning out nukige because that's the only way they can keep out of the red. The parent company appears to be getting out of the eroge development business. On top of that, Mangagamer has a reputation for poor translations it still hasn't quite managed to shake. Their bestselling title has only sold ~2000 copies, and that just managed to break even. Their marketing is amateur at best and they only have a limited number of titles selling in outlets outside of their site, meaning they have poor market exposure.

Review the evidence and think about which company is healthier. Don't let wishful thinking cloud your judgment.

Edited by sanahtlig

j-list is the one that keeps JAST from bankrupt...

thats the reason why jast cant release more titles >.>

the stupidity of a company with their person in charge..

they should just scrap that company(JAST) thats already went down the drain...and just focus on J-list

and for your info..Nukiges titles were scarce in the GOOD OLD SCHOOL DAYS >.>

thats why most of JAST projects used to be Story-driven titles..

plus..i already told you..

their poor translation were due to their stupid translator previously..

though..they were much better now..but not to the least at IXREC level

but..i dont know why you were so offended bout JAST and support them to the depth of your onahole can drill??

unless..you were Peter Payne himself..

which.he was pissed of that MOOGY finally repent and noticed that JAST is the forgotten old timer~