• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it will seem bioware are huge trolls and going to release a dlc called the truth which basically shows how Shepard was becoming indoctrinated which makes sense if you read all theory's about it on the forums lol

whatever idk I'll believe it when I see it

Though it's just a rumor at this point. I personally think it's fake, but i really hope that I'm wrong. Even if they make it (duo in April) I doubt that it's gonna be free. But this isn't the first time a company tried to sell an ending to a game as a DLC - Ubisoft released a dlc for Prince of Persia called "Epilogue". Also it was never released for PC, so the only way to see the ending of that game was to play on a console(+ buy the DLC) or watch it on youtube.

so it will seem bioware are huge trolls and going to release a dlc called the truth which basically shows how Shepard was becoming indoctrinated which makes sense if you read all theory's about it on the forums lol

whatever idk I'll believe it when I see it

That makes even less sense why brainwash the greatest solider in the galaxy to kill you. That would be a even greater fu than the other endings!

On top of that you have to spend a lot of time in a reaper to be indoctrinated.Shepard didn't show any symptoms of being indoctrinated ether.And he only went into a reaper once and it was dead so you would have to stay in their an extra long time.

The only way that would work is if he got indoctrinated when Cerberus rebuilt him and if that's the case the the 2nd game would have ended differently and the war would have started their.

So if that's real I want no part cause they would be trying to play it off like this is what we wanted. (Then why did you not show it in any of the other game)or(why didn't you put it in the game instead of revealing it as dlc) B.s just them trying to cover their asses! - If its real!

If this happens I want no part of it like the other endings..... Just give me a 5 Years later ending GOD!

Edited by Breakthrough
That makes even less sense why brainwash the greatest solider in the galaxy to kill you. That would be a even greater fu than the other endings!

On top of that you have to spend a lot of time in a reaper to be indoctrinated.Shepard didn't show any symptoms of being indoctrinated ether.And he only went into a reaper once and it was dead so you would have to stay in their an extra long time.

The only way that would work is if he got indoctrinated when Cerberus rebuilt him and if that's the case the the 2nd game would have ended differently and the war would have started their.

So if that's real I want no part cause they would be trying to play it off like this is what we wanted. (Then why did you not show it in any of the other game)or(why didn't you put it in the game instead of revealing it as dlc) B.s just them trying to cover their asses! - If its real!

If this happens I want no part of it like the other endings..... Just give me a 5 Years later ending GOD!

ok it would seem you haven't read the indoctrination theory on the BW forums so instead of typing everything out for you I shall link you to some stuff that makes alot of sense if you just read/watch it

Mass Effect 3 - Shepard's Indoctrination - YouTube

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

I cant seem to find the thread about the theory which is surprising but the video is good enough for now

I'll edit the post if I do find the thread

music which is pretty convenient lol

Wintersun - Starchild (+ Lyrics) - YouTube

ok it would seem you haven't read the indoctrination theory on the BW forums so instead of typing everything out for you I shall link you to some stuff that makes alot of sense if you just read/watch it

Ok nice put together of random b.s bioware.If Its real!

Big disapproval of the theory indoctrination!!!!!!( The V.I on the Asire home-world could locate indoctrination like it did when Kai Leng showed up. Shepard was not under the control of reapers) Yea that happened the other squad members talked about the attack and how messed up it was.The V.I also talked to Shepard way before Kai Leng showed up!(It also said you came to save me from the ones who are indoctrinated! Cerberus base)

If Shepard had went through indoctrination when did it happen?Those were short encounters 2 times in mass effect 1, 1 time in mass effect 2.Not nearly long enough to be controlled and over the years and one death.

The kid thing, the kid was their in the opening movie playing with a toy a home with out Shepard their watching him so,kid is real!Then the kid dies and Shepard see this and has the dreams because he could not save him.Normal reaction in humans!

Then the nightmares about the reaper is normal too,because they weight heavy on his mind because its a all or nothing deal.Not surprising in the least the they show up in his dreams.

If Shepard is under the influences of indoctrination I would hate it even worse!Mainly because their is no reason, because Shepard is the only hope for everybody if hes dead you win so their is no need to control his mind.They could kill him and it would be eraser than letting him live.He to strong to let live.

Then that also would harm the Shepard I know and love,It would undo every thing u done a Shepard.The last kick to the nuts if you will.

But my best point (Why not have put it in the game instead of making DLC."O this is what we wanted ha ha ha!" B.S If thats what you wanted then why is it DLC and not in the game!)

(The V.I on the Asire home-world could locate indoctrination like it did with Kai Leng Shepard was not under the control of reapers) (It also said you came to save me from the ones who are indoctrinated! Cerberus base) BAM in your mouth

It is not put together well. Seems like fan boy b.s to me! So I don't believe this is real.

I could disprove almost everything that video said. Anderson was their The Illusive Man was their and he was trying to control Shepard not the reapers!

I love Mass Effect to much to believe this B.S!! But this is my opinion and how I view the story!

I would rater not see this happen cause it make less scene than the real endings!

Edited by Breakthrough

ok well the whole bw fanboy thing doesn't really apply here considering its basically fans of the ME franchise who where emotionally invested in the game coming to together to try and make sense of what was a very exilerating ride that crashed and burned at the end (almost everyone agrees the ending was bad)

I really wish I could show you the indoctrination theory thread but I'm not having any luck in that regard but everything you said/asked was answered in that thread but I'll try my best to give you answers

first the VI on the Asari HW/CB at that point Shepard wasn't fully indoctrinated but under the process of becoming so (it's not really stated how the VI can determine indoctrination)

second the kid, Shepard was the only one to notice even the soldiers near the kid didn't look at or try to help him up onto the transport

here is a thread (not the one I'm referring to but has valid points regardless)

The "Truth" Behind the Mass Effect 3 Ending Sequence - Giant Bomb

indoctrination can also happen through reaper tech which Shepard spends alot of time around

there is a "secret" ending where Shepard is seen breathing after you choose the red ending with a ems score of 5000 suggesting that he wakes up which supports the whole it was a hallucination brought on from the process of the reapers trying to indoctrinate him/her

its also been pointed out that original ending was leaked so bw might've did this in order to bide time for the "true ending" dlc

basically yes we are grasping at straws here but hey people can hope I for one really want it to be true cause I just can't believe someone would end such a great series on such a sour note

but hey bw could just be total pawns of ea who most likely made them rush the release of ME3 which forced such a crappy ending who knows I don't :p

Edited by theonewhoknows
ok well the whole bw fanboy thing doesn't really apply here considering its basically fans of the ME franchise who where emotionally invested in the game coming to together to try and make sense of what was a very exilerating ride that crashed and burned at the end (almost everyone agrees the ending was bad

It seems possible but I Just don't like it it doesn't fit together.From my point of view.

It seems like a middle finger, I would rather them release an update that has new endings.

It seems possible but I Just don't like it it doesn't fit together.From my point of view.

It seems like a middle finger, I would rather them release an update that has new endings.

everyone would but I honestly think BW did unintentionally give us a middle finger and wont apologize/correct it

another thing about the VI it was stated that in the Javik dlc many sleeper cell agents of the reapers sabotaged them before they could finish the crucible so it is safe to say the protheans didn't have a sure fire way of proving indoctrination

everyone would but I honestly think BW did unintentionally give us a middle finger and wont apologize/correct it

another thing about the VI it was stated that in the Javik dlc many sleeper cell agents of the reapers sabotaged them before they could finish the crucible so it is safe to say the protheans didn't have a sure fire way of proving indoctrination

If this is the case mass effect 3 was just a big fu and not the real game!

I think the game was not put to gather right they focused on the journey and half assed the destination. But still loved it all the way up to the endings!

the following argument was laid out by a user known as Unigolyn while responding to Ben Kuchera's article rebuffing the fan base on penny arcade

Unigolyn sums it up almost perfectly.

DEUS EX MACHINA:

You're getting your literary devices mixed up. The Crucible is not deus

ex machina, it is a MacGuffin. It's largely irrelevant except as a plot

device. It is the exhaust port on the Death Star.

The narrative of ME3 is not about finding the Crucible, it is about

building the greatest alliance ever seen in the galaxy (which the

Crucible, as a plot device, allows to happen).

Why the Catalyst AI and his Monty Hall spiel of the Adjust

Hue/Saturation is a deus ex machina is that it is the resolution to the

narrative. The fact that he is also literally a "god from the machine"

is irrelevant, albeit ironic. He is a deus ex machina in the literary

sense, i.e. a handwaved contrivance that shows up out of the blue to

quickly whisk away all the dangling story threads, and to abruptly end

the story.

This is abysmal writing. This is abysmal game design; a Pick Your Own

Adventure book where all choices take you to the same final chapter. It

is counter to everything this game is. And what is this game?

In a recent Extra Credits, Portnow discussed core elements of a game.

The Mass Effect series is really not a third person shooter. It is also

really not a roll-the-dice-and-level-up CRPG. Mass Effect is, at its

core, interactive fiction. All the memorable moments in these games take

place in cutscenes that play out in myriad ways based on prior choices.

You are role-playing in the most literal sense of crafting a

character's personality based on your choices. The climax of Mass Effect

2 was not shooting the Human Reaper in the eye, the climax of Mass

Effect 2 were the cutscenes that played and showed the results of your

actions. Did you defy TIM? Did your crewmates survive? If your choices

were poor enough, you could defeat the final boss, only to make a

desperate leap towards the Normandy with no one to catch you.

The desperate leap in Mass Effect 3 is your dash towards the Beam. The

only input that matters at all past this point is the encounter with

TIM. That encounter is true to Mass Effect, and honors your previous

choices, and provides closure for the secondary antagonist.

But for the main antagonist (Reapers), nothing you did matters. You are

given three arbitrary choices to solve a problem that, depending on your

actions, may be proven to be a false dilemma in the first place. If you

saved both the Quarians and the Geth, witnessed Legion's messianic

sacrifice, and humanized EDI - the Catalyst's claim of organic/synthetic

conflict being unavoidable is patently false.

The Catalyst AI is completely incongruous with the narrative and the

themes of the game. It shows up, provides a complete strawman of a

conflict, and then offers three vapid, plot-hole ridden resolutions to

this conflict, which abruptly end the narrative in a blinding flash of

Space Magic (pick your color!).

CHOICES DON'T MATTER

Again, you're missing the point. No one is complaining about the

preceding 30 hours of gameplay. Choices did seem to matter. Your

treatment of the Rachni queen from two games ago ended up gaining you a

seemingly valuable ally. Saving Wrex can gain a hopeful future for the

Krogan. Your choices regarding Legion and the Migrant Fleet in ME2 have

incredibly strong consequences in the seeming conclusion of the

Geth/Quarian storyline. This is why we loved the game up to the ending.

And the ending completely demolished all of it, and made it completely

illusory. Who gives a **** if you saved the Rachni? They just end up

giving you Space Points and don't affect your ending at all. Who gives a

**** if the Quarians or Geth or both survived? They're all dead anyway.

Who cares if you cured the genophage and saved the one leader who could

lead the Krogan into a less brutish, more hopeful future? He's either

trapped on earth or dead, and the radioactive husk that is Tuchanka

cannot sustain their race without supplies anyway.

And even more egregiously, the choices you made in the development of

YOUR Shepard don't matter. She acts EXACTLY the same when facing the

ultimate antagonist regardless of whether she's a Space Racist Renegade

or Never Surrender Paragon or whatever your Shepard actually is, and

what (insert pronoun) stands for.

You accept Space Hitler's premise without argument, and dejectedly pick

one of the three Slightly Less Turning Everyone Into Paste final

solutions he has to offer.

How does it matter in the slightest that I've done the frickin'

impossible and united the Geth and the Quarians into a hopeful future,

shown that we need not fear synthetic life, seen a nascent artificial

sentience freely decide to set "Love and compassion" as their main

motivation, and fought for the reactionary, bleak idea of "AI will

always rebel" to be proven wrong? Space Hitler shows up, says "AI will

always rebel, here are drastic fixes to this undeniable problem". And I

go "yessuh"?

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SAD

It's not sad. You are being incredibly myopic and dismissive of our

experiences by reducing it to "y every1 has 2 diezorz?". The ending of

the story is not actually sad, it's just anticlimactic, contrived,

incongruous, and ridden with plot holes.

The part that's sad and what's tearing me apart is that this is not a

case of people writing themselves into a corner. This is not a case of

glorified hacks like Ronald D. Moore or Cuse/Lindelof making **** up as

they go along, to find themselves at the end with no way to tie all the

crap together in a cathartic way.

This is a beautifully written game, for the majority of the experience.

Bioware has bona fide talent within their ranks. And the story, up to

the very end, is redeemable in dozens of ways. Even the contrived,

out-of-the-blue Star Child could be made into an interesting character

by presenting it as a shackled AI who was given a specific, limited goal

born of fear (stop AI from wiping out organic life forever), and it

arrived at the grotesque solution of Reapers not because AI is evil, but

the constraints never allow it to look past the false dilemma it's

attempting to solve.

Most importantly, this is not a TV show or a movie. This narrative is,

by design, told in a unique medium which is NOT doomed to give us a

singular ending. Our Shepards can be varied, yes, but there is a finite

amount of paradigms that lead you to the end, and they could all have a

cathartic, poignant, and persistent ending. Let the Renegades ascend to

rule the galaxy. Let the Paragons defeat primitive fear and xenophobia.

I do not care if the Relays have to go down, but don't do it in such a

thoughtless way as to destroy everything meaningful I accomplished. I do

not care if my Shepard dies. In fact, I expected her to go down in a

blaze of glory, in the greatest battle that shall ever be fought, for

the most meaningful (to her) victory a soldier could ever earn. She did

not get this. I did not get this.

TENS OF THOUSANDS of people didn't get this. We are not asking for a

Disney ending. We are not asking for a dance party with Ewoks. We are

just asking for our Big Damn Heroes to go out on their own terms, win or

lose.

Is the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy justified?

Aaron Birch

As a raging fan files an FTC complaint against Mass Effect 3, we wonder if the fuss is really worth it…

Published on Mar 20, 2012

Unless you've been living under an exceedingly powerful mass effect field for the least few days, you'll probably be more than aware that an army of Mass Effect fans have been less than satisfied with BioWare's ending to the epic space opera trilogy.

I found this article on the web and though you guys might like it

In fact, the ending has caused so much controversy with players that several petitions have sprung up around the Internet with the sole aim of getting BioWare to rewrite it.

Fans who have, understandably, become very attached to the game's characters and universe, felt that the endings on offer (there are slightly different outcomes depending on your actions) were woefully inept, and failed to close the story in a way that's in keeping with the quality of the series. There have been countless forum posts, YouTube videos, blogs and more explaining why the ending simply isn't good enough, and some have even gone out of their way to write whole explanations and theories as to the real meaning behind the endings.

This torrent of requests and downright abuse hasn't gone unnoticed by BioWare, which has issued responses to the blitzkrieg of criticism stating that the company is aware of the fans' feelings, and that all views are being taken into account.

Some believe that BioWare may, indeed, cave in to the pressure, and release some DLC that remedies the faults, and there are even rumours floating around of a DLC pack called ‘The Truth', which will offer a full explanation of the events seen in the game. Of course, this is merely rumour, so grab a fist full of salt.

You may well think that that's a whole lot of trouble for BioWare to deal with, and you'd be right, but it doesn't end there. In the last couple of days, BioWare forum member, El_Spiko, has kicked the ME3 ending situation into a whole different gear.

So infuriated with the ending is El_Spiko, that he's actually approached the Federal Trade Commission in order to file a false advertising complaint against publisher, Electronic Arts. He also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. In these complaints he stated that the game didn't live up to the promises made in the PR blurb and advertising campaign. As a last resort to try and improve things, he considered this approach to be his only remaining option.

Now, it's a certainty that many people reading this story will instantly think El_Spiko has gone too far, and needs to get out more. And yes, he may have taken the whole situation a little too far, but let's look at this, and the rest of the complaints, a little more objectively.

The Complaints

The Mass Effect trilogy has been around since 2007, and each instalment has a play through time of around 30 hours, give or take. The games are also some of the most well written around, with amazingly deep back stories and world lore, fleshed out and genuinely likable characters, and a truly great story arc. If you played from the very first game, you could carry over your own, unique hero to the next games, taking with you your own decisions and personally-shaped world.

This level of quality and immersion could only have one effect on fans - it made them fall in love with the game. This is a title they've played over five years. They've gotten to know the characters, lived in the world, made difficult decisions, all to get to the ultimate goal of seeing the conclusion to Shepard's story.

With this in mind, it's easy to see why so many fans feel they have the right to complain. After all, BioWare wanted us to get immersed in this world. It wanted us to live as Shepard, and feel the emotional weight of our decisions, and it even wanted us to romance digital love interests, both human and alien. This level of immersion was always the goal with the series, and so, when the ending didn't hit the right notes, fans, rightfully, felt as if the rug had been pulled form under them, and the story ruined.

Just think of how many people laid into George Lucas and the prequel trilogy for Star Wars. True, there may not have been court cases, but the vitriol and venom spouted about the films was deemed by many to be justified, and the complaints were accepted.

Mass Effect is, to many gamers, the Star Wars of this industry, and so it's no surprise to see the Internet hate. And, whilst it may not warrant an FTC investigation, and Mr Spiko may have gone that little bit too far, we can surely sympathise.

I found this article and thought you guys might like it

Edited by Breakthrough
Bioware are going to make or at least "expand" on the endings, giving some more closure and to fix those plot holes.

Yes, the fans have spoken & won!

I can already see it - "True Ending to Mass Effect, answers all questions, etc... for 9.99$ ! "

I'm pretty sure that they will charge for it, so I don't really know who won. Screw it, at least we'll get to see the real ending :>

I can already see it - "True Ending to Mass Effect, answers all questions, etc... for 9.99$ ! "

I'm pretty sure that they will charge for it, so I don't really know who won. Screw it, at least we'll get to see the real ending :>

Just watch the new endings on youtube or something or crack that dlc.

I bought ME3 but i won't be spending any money on ripoff dlc.

I personally think that it might be worth it but the quality of the new endings are going to have a bar to reach. I personally think that if they are going to do such a thing then they should take their time to do so. I have yet to play the game but I plan to do so when I can. I also say while their at it find a way to give the ps3 owners a way to even out the unfair advantages that xbox people have in their saves compared to us. I mean we dont have one and that is important. sorry rambling.

No matter what kind of DLC they release, and no matter if it costs money or is free, it's not going to fix the bad ending. The damage has already been done; any alternative ending they present us with now will just seem tacked on no matter how good it might be.

No matter what kind of DLC they release, and no matter if it costs money or is free, it's not going to fix the bad ending. The damage has already been done; any alternative ending they present us with now will just seem tacked on no matter how good it might be.

Well bioware has to do SOME kind of damage control, the "mass effect 3 ending debacle" has been widespread across the internet and a lot of gaming sites, there are 62000 people who voted on the Bioware forums alone that the endings sucked, and these are only the really hardcore fans, while there are (ten)thousands more who hate the ending and who didn't vote on any polls.

Well bioware has to do SOME kind of damage control, the "mass effect 3 ending debacle" has been widespread across the internet and a lot of gaming sites, there are 62000 people who voted on the Bioware forums alone that the endings sucked, and these are only the really hardcore fans, while there are (ten)thousands more who hate the ending and who didn't vote on any polls.

Even with those numbers they will still charge us for the DLC (if they make one)

I trust Bioware with my life and I don't believe the devs wanted that crappy ending for their amazing trilogy

My gut: They had a amazing overhelming ending and needed a bit more work but fucking cock-sucker greedy EA rushed them to release the game and they had to make that pathetic excuse of an ending.

P.D FUCK YOU EA!!!!! FUCK YOU UBISOFT!!!! FUCK YOU ACTIVISION!!!!

Edited by Ryu

You speak the truth; all I'm trying to point out is that Bioware is in a cliche 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation. If they don't try to fix the ending, they leave tens of thousands of fans ticked off and damage their consumer's trust. If they do try to fix it, they destroy the wholeness of the game as a complete product and still come across as 'caving' to pressure by altering the game after it went gold. My suspicions are the same a Ryu's, meaning I feel like the developers were rushed into finishing the game and didn't have time to make the ending they wanted to make. Or maybe there wasn't enough room on the two discs? We'll never know unless somebody on the inside gives us the whole story.

Edited by Arco
Even with those numbers they will still charge us for the DLC (if they make one)

I trust Bioware with my life and I don't believe the devs wanted that crappy ending for their amazing trilogy

My gut: They had a amazing overhelming ending and needed a bit more work but fucking cock-sucker greedy EA rushed them to release the game and they had to make that pathetic excuse of an ending.

P.D FUCK YOU EA!!!!! FUCK YOU UBISOFT!!!! FUCK YOU ACTIVISION!!!!

amen brother

You speak the truth; all I'm trying to point out is that Bioware is in a cliche 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation. If they don't try to fix the ending, they leave tens of thousands of fans ticked off and damage their consumer's trust. If they do try to fix it, they destroy the wholeness of the game as a complete product and still come across as 'caving' to pressure by altering the game after it went gold. My suspicions are the same a Ryu's, meaning I feel like the developers were rushed into finishing the game and didn't have time to make the ending they wanted to make. Or maybe there wasn't enough room on the two discs? We'll never know unless somebody on the inside gives us the whole story.

Well PAX is almost there, so they have to make some kind of announcement on possible ending dlc there. I'd even be fine with the ending if they just gave us a fuckin epilogue that explains THOSE GAPING PLOTHOLES during the last 5 minutes of the game. We wanted to see everything wrapped up nicely, and see what happens next with your squadmates/li, but instead we got left with so many unanswered questions.

Edited by Caelistas

Good news everyone! Bioware will release a "Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC" this summer for free.

"An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the "Extended Cut" will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it's at no cost to you - the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn't:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard's journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team's artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard's story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding."

At least its free and if it helps tie up some of the loose ends and answers some of the questions i'd be pretty satisfied.

Good news everyone! Bioware will release a "Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC" this summer for free.

"An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the "Extended Cut" will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it's at no cost to you - the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn't:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard's journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team's artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard's story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding."

At least its free and if it helps tie up some of the loose ends and answers some of the questions i'd be pretty satisfied.

At leat they had the decency to make it free, otherwise someone would already go and burn their building or something.